The Gold No Longer Glitters, Babe.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gold No Longer Glitters, Babe.

This is my farewell to the TEC family. I've enjoyed the latest run with everyone playing Themis as well as my alts. However, life is getting crazier and crazier by the day. It was perfect timing to lose Themis, actually. It has made saying goodbye easier.

Graduate school is kicking my ass and I don't foresee it letting up anytime soon, so I need to focus on it for a while.

So, thanks again, everyone and I'm sorry if I've left anyone in the lurch.

-------

Player of Themis, Aezenor, and Mionne

I am sorry to see you go my friend.

I've enjoyed RPing with you a lot and you (Themis) influenced Rethanor more than I could state. Aezenor was always spot on and flawlessly RPd.

Thanks for everything you brought and when it settles down, I hope to see you around again.

Kit/Rethanor
    Luck! - You can't do that while you are stunned.

combat <me>
    If you have any doubts as to your own fighting ability, try the 'skills' command.

Comment

Aw! It's been a lot of fun! Go do what you must!

See you in the summer
      Why: Talius has a burr up his butt

Comment

You are one of the most creative people I have ever encountered. I never intended for Araminta to have close friends, but Themis was irresistible. Such a wonderful unexpected influence! Araminta will be very sad without her sister initiate, and I will miss you a lot -- but RL comes first, absolutely.

What are you studying?
        "But the fact is that it doesn't take long for the experience of the Numinous to unhinge the mind." - Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum

Comment

Originally posted by Sandestin View Post
          You are one of the most creative people I have ever encountered. I never intended for Araminta to have close friends, but Themis was irresistible. Such a wonderful unexpected influence! Araminta will be very sad without her sister initiate, and I will miss you a lot -- but RL comes first, absolutely.

What are you studying?
          Girl, your RP renders me speechless. Every moment IG with you pushed forward a story. I feel lucky to have been part of Araminta's life with my characters. ♡♡♡
          I'll miss you lots, too!
          You too, Maus and Rethanor. I always loved RP'ing with both of you and learned so much from the Old Medic.

I'm going to school for library and information science. The material is so dry. I find myself staring at the page, losing myself for a bit before realizing my contacts have dried up and are about to fall out of my face. I really hate every moment of it. I have no interest at all in the subject.

I'm just going for a major pay raise that will happen once I graduate. I am actually ashamed that a pay raise is my sole motivation. I'll try not to beat myself up for that fact.

Big hugs to all of you!

Comment

You and I had a lot of fun,
            But now your time is done.
            I wish you the best,
            And if I were pressed,
            You'll be happiest in the long run.

The Toga pies will taste less sweet,
            Some people for warmth burn peat,
            I think grits are gross,
            Your RP was very grandiose,
            And our interactions were always a treat.

Take care, T.
            No time for this - there are artifacts to find!

Comment

You will be missed. Themis was awesome. Good luck, and don't feel too bad about going for money... everyone could use more.

Comment

it's always hard to lose a main character, but real life must always come as a priority, games are fun and all, but losing yourself in one, destroys your reality. Good for you for choosing real life over virtual. It was nice to know you Themis, and I was disappointed to hear of your passing.

Comment

You'll definitely be missed as a player, that's for sure! In the mean time, I wish you all the luck in your studies. (Not to mention the raise!)

I look forward to when you have the time to return for more of your fantastic ARRPEE.
                  I cannot pretend to be impartial about the colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones, and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. (Winston Churchill)

Comment

Awww! I didn't get to play with you as much as I would have enjoyed, but that maybe goes without saying. You're as lovely IRL as you are IG, and I lubbs you.

<3

Now go kick school's ass!

Comment

I'll bake you something special. <3
                      I'm on Santa's naughty list, now.

Comment

goodluck and keep in touch!
                        Slyteavisius says to Canadadry, "Did someone beat you while explaining how the Beatles were too emo for them or something?"

Rupert1 cheats, "Jeans are too loud. Nothing says stealth like light white cotton and sunflowers."

Originally Posted by urek23
                        Rules only apply to specific people, something everyone that plays will learn very shortly after they start.

Comment

Themis was one of few characters I actually connected with. Definitely miss our convos/shenanigans. Don't be a stranger!

Sep/Khit

Comment

Love you.

Call me maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Themis View Post
                              This is my farewell to the TEC family. I've enjoyed the latest run with everyone playing Themis as well as my alts. However, life is getting crazier and crazier by the day. It was perfect timing to lose Themis, actually. It has made saying goodbye easier.

Graduate school is kicking my ass and I don't foresee it letting up anytime soon, so I need to focus on it for a while.

So, thanks again, everyone and I'm sorry if I've left anyone in the lurch.

-------

Player of Themis, Aezenor, and Mionne
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-l5FyA3pgo

Comment

Working...
                              X