Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

And that's that

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for clarifying, Kalandra. I mistook your meaning. I apologize.

I was also looking forward to the interactions with Nimis / Celeres / Kalandra / Aerilia among many, many other things. <sadface>
    Why: Talius has a burr up his butt

Comment

Originally posted by TaliusNoraetis View Post
      Thank you for clarifying, Kalandra. I mistook your meaning. I apologize.

I was also looking forward to the interactions with Nimis / Celeres / Kalandra / Aerilia among many, many other things. <sadface>

Yeah. I hate the idea of abandoning the many things I was working on and future plots and collaborating for games and festivals, but whatever. What's done is done.
      Shrimpy-D

The World is a Ghetto.

Comment

How fascinating.

You have just been awarded 20 role points.(For being a part of the most disturbing scene I've ever been involved with in TEC. Ever.)

Comment

We're missing a lot of fun.
          Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Comment

I've been gone all week (RL rearing it's ugly head, again) and I come back to find that at least two more excellent RPers are quitting the game because of one person who is known across the gameworld to be both a 'griefer' and a runner-off of players (read: paying customers).

It seems that being in good with a GM or two can get you carte-blanch (sp).

I always knew there has been favoritism in TEC, there always was, even WAY back at the beginning. What really should bother the staff, is that that's another pair of premium accounts out the window for good. Seems that folks who BRING IN accounts should get the occasional pat on the butt, while those who drive them off should be done away with.

I'm not an economics major, but even I can see that.

My paid account just expired today (my credit card got stolen and the replacement didn't get activated until today. And naturally, the page for entering new billing data "can't be displayed"), and now, after having read these forums, I'm thinking maybe I won't bother trying to pay again.

I have a hard time paying the company I see as having taken something I actually loved and (seemingly) doing all in their power to ruin it.

Yeah, thanks a lot Skotos.

EDIT: It seems that even though the page couldn't be displayed, my info went through. I'm paid up for another month. Well, we'll see how it goes.
            "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Comment

That was one favor they did me - at least this happened the day before my account came up for renewal.
              Shrimpy-D

The World is a Ghetto.

Comment

Oh, thanks for reminding me.
                Why: Talius has a burr up his butt

Comment

I still have respect for Scyro, at least he didn't quit and blast OOC information on the forums when he got fired.

The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

I support the staff in this decision, stick to your guns and don't retcon it due to a mass of OOC people whining.

Comment

Yup. Definitely in the TG.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucaria View Post
                      The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.
                      I dread to imagine the player of that character in a position of power.

They already seem to delight in glee at chasing people away from the game by being a troll. Having them as a GM is basically giving them the power to just kill the game off.

Comment

Ayup. GM pets..gotta love TG
                        But in the end all that we do, Is just all that's ever been done.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                          Yup. Definitely in the TG.
                          I lol'd.

It's not my place to say who else Talius has played. That in mind, it would be quite ironic if Synodia's player were getting preferential treatment over Talius' player based on histories with the TG.
                          Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                          I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
                          Originally posted by Phwoar
                          Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                          Originally posted by Elowynn
                          Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

I never mentioned a word to a GM about the trial or anything leading up to it. But everyone has made it well known in these forums that they dislike me as a player. So when my character gets some bogus charges and bogus trial to perform in someones games....etc

I can connect dots...Sorry everyone is sooo blind.
                            TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                            Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                            Originally posted by Bucaria

Comment

Impropriety warrant issued on The Festival of the Morning 14th, 265 [2/21/09].
                              Major assault warrant issued by a constable on Ereal 14th, 265 [3/09/09].
                              Fraud against republic warrant issued on Scran 7th, 265 [4/02/09].
                              Minor assault warrant issued on Aera 19th, 265 [6/26/09].
                              Disturbing the peace warrant issued on Aera 19th, 265 [6/26/09].
                              Disturbing the peace warrant issued on Palut 11th, 265 [7/20/09].
                              Minor assault warrant issued by Alejandra on Palut 11th, 265 [7/20/09].
                              Resisting arrest warrant issued by Alejandra on Palut 11th, 265 [7/20/09].
                              Major assault warrant issued by a constable on Jemros 17th, 265 [10/06/09].
                              Impropriety warrant issued by Danasei on Ereal 9th, 266 [2/27/10].
                              Impropriety warrant issued by Pavius on Ereal 9th, 266 [2/27/10].
                              Resisting arrest warrant issued by Pavius on Ereal 9th, 266 [2/27/10].
                              Major assault warrant issued by a constable on Tulcas 9th, 266 [5/02/10].
                              Disturbing the peace warrant issued by a constable on Tulcas 17th, 266 [5/10/10].
                              Harassment warrant issued by Dahmu on Rindak 9th, 267 [12/31/11].

Only 15 Warrants since last trial.... ZERO warrants in the past 3 years.
                              TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                              Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                              Originally posted by Bucaria

Comment

Yes, we all know that you are an epic troll, Mikeand. I give kudos where it is due. On that note, anyone can troll, ANYONE can be a troll.. So I DARE you to not be one. Seems to me all of your previous characters have been just like Synodia. Try making one that isn't sometime But also, Synodia isn't always a bad person IG, She's always treated my main decently enough in the past

Anyway, despite being a criminal. But she DID run off a green newb..which is a no no. And I can get people not playing TEC because some GM has a beef with them. I was actually looking forward to the Festivities and Parlin did a stand up job of trying to salvage it, (even though only five of us attended) But it's like Elowynn said, citizen or not, she's nothing in the eyes of a Patty. She's just headcount. Point and case, My character Baskius is the Captain of the MVG. A promiment role, but at the end of the day, he's just some low born bastard from the steps. Get it? got it? good.
                                But in the end all that we do, Is just all that's ever been done.

Comment

Working...
                                X