Ham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ham

Ham (Hebrew: חָם, Modern H̱am Tiberian Ḥām; Greek Χαμ, Kham; Arabic: حام, Ḥām, "hot" or "burnt")

Ham is a processed pork foodstuff,[1] which undergoes preservation through curing, smoking, or salting.

Ham has a number of definitions, and its meaning has evolved over time. Ham was originally the cut of pork deriving from the hind legs of swine, which was then often preserved through processes such as curing, smoking, or salting. Cooked leg of pork is called gammon.

The word "ham" is derived from the Old English ham or hom meaning the hollow or bend of the knee, from a Germanic base where it meant "crooked". It gained the meaning of the leg of an animal around the 15th century.

The preserving of pork leg as ham has a long history, with Cato the Elder writing about the "salting of hams" in his De Agri Cultura tome around 160 BC.[6]

There are claims that the Chinese were the first people to mention the production of raw cured ham,[7] whilst Larousse Gastronomique claims an origin from Gaul,[8] but it was certainly well established by the Roman period, including an import trade from Gaul mentioned by Marcus Terentius Varro in his writings.

Where can I buy ham in game?

Are you looking to buy a slave named ham? There's no playable slave market. It exists, to be certain.

Are you looking for a cut of pork? Available in a few different NPC shops throughout the Republuc, or buyable from nearly any hunter.

Are you looking for salted pork? Try the larder in the Harbor, near Septima's. They sell salted pork by the boxes.

Note: boars yield pork when butchered. I'm unaware of any food named 'ham' in the game.
    Why: Talius has a burr up his butt

Comment

Originally posted by Mausaus View Post
      Are you looking for salted pork? Try the larder in the Harbor, near Septima's. They sell salted pork by the boxes.
      No slave.

Salted pork is technically ham so I suppose that you answered my question. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Ham View Post
        Salted pork is technically ham so I suppose that you answered my question. Thanks for the tip.
        No it isn't.

Ham is a very distinct thing. That is why they call it ham, and not X pork.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
        HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

We don't really have much support for smoked foods in TEC. But then, food doesn't rot. (Probably due to the nuclear holocaust that happened before the founding of the city.)

Comment

Aliens, man.
            Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
            I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
            Originally posted by Phwoar
            Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
            Originally posted by Elowynn
            Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

Aliens are real.

Comment

Working...
              X