X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Game

Characters:
    Bastis Created: Sat Feb 14 11:04:46 2015

It has been 5 days since I started TEC after over 12 years of playing Skotos. I have tried here and there, but never had the patience to try and make it work. This time, I was determined to try it and give it a fair shake and you know what?

I am finding that I truly enjoy this game! The mechanics make sense now that I actually had someone patient enough to help me learn.

I just wanted to say thanks and a huge kudos to all of the people that have interacted with Bastis. You've sparked my interest and shown me how fun this game can be!

--Bastis' Player

Welcome

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
    one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." -- John Adams

Comment

Good to see you back then. Hope you enjoy your stay around Iridine.
      Flamboyant

Comment

Now I feel bad I attacked you by the bank with that muscled seafarer.

But, welcome back!
        Now you know how NPCs feel at least. They wake up one day, ready to live their lives - and then someone stabs them in the face.
        - krisslanza

Noone cares. At all. Stop whining about it.
        - a whiner

Comment

Don't! That was one of the major reasons I stayed. I was going along with my day and randomly get attacked outside the bank. It made me feel involved, gave me a reason to reach out and talk to others, and showed me how the city really is a dangerous yet rewarding place.

Comment

Wow, a new player! Welcome to the game!
            Don't tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastis View Post
              Don't! That was one of the major reasons I stayed. I was going along with my day and randomly get attacked outside the bank. It made me feel involved, gave me a reason to reach out and talk to others, and showed me how the city really is a dangerous yet rewarding place.
              That's one of the reasons I'm still playing! We're glad to have you!
              Now you know how NPCs feel at least. They wake up one day, ready to live their lives - and then someone stabs them in the face.
              - krisslanza

Noone cares. At all. Stop whining about it.
              - a whiner

Comment

Chiming in to also say - hi there, welcome to TEC!

-LOTS- of things to explore. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Elowynn View Post
                  Chiming in to also say - hi there, welcome to TEC!

-LOTS- of things to explore. Good luck!
                  Doing the same! Welcome..

Man I wish I was new again to this game, There is a lot of unique history to almost every place IG have fun exploring and learning about the awesome storylines TEC has to offer, not just the great mechanics this game has going for it.

Also if you see Mrnine in the WA I'm always willing to help out with any questions about anything.
                  Originally posted by Pkticketsarefun
                  LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU GET PK'd!!!!!
                  Originally posted by Max Powers
                  Once again, as the ole TEC adage goes: When you cannot outsmart a person, complain louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Arconn9 View Post
                    Doing the same! Welcome..

Man I wish I was new again to this game, There is a lot of unique history to almost every place IG have fun exploring and learning about the awesome storylines TEC has to offer, not just the great mechanics this game has going for it.

Also if you see Mrnine in the WA I'm always willing to help out with any questions about anything.
                    Ditto. I you see DeadheadZ66 or MOTORHEAD in the WA, or Maljuna or Puni IG, I'm always happy to help out, answering questions, training, whatever or just somebody to hang out with and shoot the breeze (probably what I do best/most).

Good luck and enjoy!
                    "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Comment

Hooray! I'm not the baby of TEC anymore!

Teehee, I started playing in June 2014.

I've met some awesome people, and interacted with some great story lines!

I hope to hopefully bump into you sometime!

Welcome!

-Iskibelle

Comment

Welcome, and I have ta agree with a few of the others here, don't get too caught up with the mechanics side of the game...in almost every area of the game there's many great lores and histories to explore and learn about...and like all the others if ya have any questions feel free ta ask

Comment

I miss being new to TEC, there is a lot of excitement in randomly finding new areas or stumbling across abandoned "treasure". I remember thinking I was rich when i found a sack with two copper rings in it. TEC can be overwhelming but it is an amazing place to explore.

Comment

So here is a question I have --

Is Brawling a viable combat option in TEC? How do stats filter into the combat? I have rolled/re-rolled some alts to see if their stats alter their combat even at low level. I only ask because I have already invested quite a bit of time (ha! A week or so) building brawling up to learned with practiced subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastis View Post
                              So here is a question I have --

Is Brawling a viable combat option in TEC? How do stats filter into the combat? I have rolled/re-rolled some alts to see if their stats alter their combat even at low level. I only ask because I have already invested quite a bit of time (ha! A week or so) building brawling up to learned with practiced subs.
                              Stats will affect combat, period. The stats you're going to be looking at are strength, dexterity, perception, speed, and agility.

Strength will affect damage done (and I've heard crit strength)

Dexterity will slightly affect your to-hit bonus, and of course, your crit strength (and possibly crit occurrence)

Perception will have an even larger affect on your to-hit bonus, and different things such as night vision (with the night vision trait)

Speed will affect... well... your speed. Higher speed = lower roundtime.

Agility will affect your enemy's to-hit. Higher agility makes you harder to hit.

From my experience, the single most important stat is strength. You want your hits to do more damage on average. Crits are awesome... but you should first max out your strength. Some will argue maxing endurance first for the extra HP and longer training sessions... but I've gotta say strength.

When rolling a character, however, you should look at one of two options. High strength and high endurance with stat skills to make up for your other crappy stats, or just an all around high roll. I try to roll my combat characters with a -minimum- of fairly good/good in the combat stats. That way, in the long run, I can max those out with stat boosts (1k RPs).

Others will argue, "Screw stats, it's all about the RP!"

RP is fun when you get involved in a really deep storyline, but it all comes down to your play style. I personally like to tear shit up.

Comment

Working...
                              X