Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

JustTECThings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JustTECThings

I was getting rid of an old laptop and went to wipe it before giving it to a pal. Decided to look through some old files to see if I needed to save anything. I came across probably 500+ documents from TEC and the old client that Drew made that I used to play on. I tried to log on to see if it even still worked or was blocked. Quickly came to realize that I didn't even remember my TEC PW.

Fast forward a few hours and I came to the forums and it took me like 20 tries to figure out my username/PW combo. Quite a bit of nostalgia.

I am about to be turning 30 and vividly remember waking up early on the weekends to plug the phone line into the computer before the rest of my family woke to train for a few hours.

Anyhoo, back to work for me. Hope all is well with everyone. Anyone that is in Vegas that wants to grab a beer or food can send me a message. I am pretty easy to find in other ways as well.

You are missed

Comment

Every time I consider popping back IG for a bit, I see you are no longer playing. WTF man lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyril View Post
        Every time I consider popping back IG for a bit, I see you are no longer playing. WTF man lol.
        Ha, it has been quite some time. I believe I stopped logging in for good at the start of last year or around the middle of last year? Hope you and Megan are doing good.

I did enjoy chasing your thieve(s) around Ilk.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Powers View Post
          I was getting rid of an old laptop and went to wipe it before giving it to a pal. Decided to look through some old files to see if I needed to save anything. I came across probably 500+ documents from TEC and the old client that Drew made that I used to play on. I tried to log on to see if it even still worked or was blocked. Quickly came to realize that I didn't even remember my TEC PW.

Fast forward a few hours and I came to the forums and it took me like 20 tries to figure out my username/PW combo. Quite a bit of nostalgia.

I am about to be turning 30 and vividly remember waking up early on the weekends to plug the phone line into the computer before the rest of my family woke to train for a few hours.

Anyhoo, back to work for me. Hope all is well with everyone. Anyone that is in Vegas that wants to grab a beer or food can send me a message. I am pretty easy to find in other ways as well.
          Come back bruh.

Comment

Yeah, come back! we miss you...
            TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
            Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
            Originally posted by Bucaria
            The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Powers View Post
              Ha, it has been quite some time. I believe I stopped logging in for good at the start of last year or around the middle of last year? Hope you and Megan are doing good.

I did enjoy chasing your thieve(s) around Ilk.
              Your characters added a flavor of life this game needs. Like being caught and getting dropped on literally the opposite end of the gameworld after accidentally stealing a retalq dagger 8) I didn't even mind the RL wait to get there 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkilyn View Post
                Your characters added a flavor of life this game needs. Like being caught and getting dropped on literally the opposite end of the gameworld after accidentally stealing a retalq dagger 8) I didn't even mind the RL wait to get there 8)
                I basically had to find places to dump bodies where Danasei wouldn't find them in 5 seconds, and that is a real struggle.

Come back bruh.
                Glad to see people are still enjoying the game, but most likely not. Maybe I will bring Hurrok out of retirement someday in the future, but his storyline was driven into the ground so completely it feels like even playing him is disingenuous. Whatever "magic" that this game held for me disappeared 2-3 years ago.

Comment

The rich-ness you brought to the game is missed.
                  Originally posted by Arconn9
                  First time I used Sabinus today, since my old main got Cuttongued. So was the IC event for his change; was it him getting hit in the head repeatedly by someone? Because I think he's a retard now.

Comment

Is it a coincidence or did you and Culexus both lose interest in playing after you killed my character? I'm not mad..it was a long story arc and enjoyable.
                    Originally posted by Zenerai
                    I'll be back at some point in the future.

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.

Comment

Only disappointment is that the GMs felt like the Alati org couldn't exist anymore after that. A lot was lost with them doing that.
                      Originally posted by Zenerai
                      I'll be back at some point in the future.

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Lime View Post
                        Is it a coincidence or did you and Culexus both lose interest in playing after you killed my character? I'm not mad..it was a long story arc and enjoyable.
                        The coincidence of me checking the forums (I do it maybe once a month at this point) hours after you posted this is awesome. I am going to hijack mike's thread for a single post, and then I gonna let him finish.

I have no idea how Mike feels on the topic, and I am apologetic for leaving him and his own story hanging as I did when I took Culexus out of circulation, but for me the enjoyment from playing the game in general disappeared around October of 2013.

It has faded before over the years and I gave it breaks of 3-4 months before feeling rejuvenated and logging back in, but I ended up being drawn back to the game in December, before I was ready, by some requests and that was when the whole 'bandit downturn' happened. I hung on for more than a year, mostly growing to despise the game more and more each day as I watched the story evolve and go as it went. The play with the characters, such as Tyis and Hurrok was never my issue, and I had plenty of enjoyment from individual scenes, and from players in general.
                        And I agree, Lime. It is a damn shame that an org with as rich a backstory as the Umbra Alati was snuffed entirely. If memory serves, Culexus's trial was 5 months after Tyis dropped, and I finally quit the game more or less 2 weeks after his trial.

My departure from the game was a long time building, and the only reason I stuck around as long as I did was because of a sense of obligation to allow repercussions in game to happen in game. I put my character in, much of the time, to give people the opportunity to find him. Never say never, I will never say I "quit" tec, I just am not playing it right now. I honestly expected the desire to play to creep back in after 3-4 months, and that was about 18 months ago.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                        HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                          Never say never, I will never say I "quit" tec, I just am not playing it right now. I honestly expected the desire to play to creep back in after 3-4 months, and that was about 18 months ago.
                          Exactly this, but closer to 18 months for my breaks. I just can't stay away permanently no matter how many times I leave. I always look back and think, "I wonder how much has changed. I had so much fun. I should try it again." Doesn't help that my best friend plays and every single time I see him TEC comes into our conversation.
                          Wombat responds from afar, "Allupindat Booty is probably less acceptable than President Clinton."
                          Tale responds from afar, "Downs Endrum? Really?"
                          Arconn9 in "Best gladiators of all time project" thread - Wehttam (for beating Rizer,Drexus and like 5 other characters with a bow in the first Gladiator fights I ever been too and when we were are all newbie characters, just for that time lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonion View Post
                            Exactly this, but closer to 18 months for my breaks. I just can't stay away permanently no matter how many times I leave. I always look back and think, "I wonder how much has changed. I had so much fun. I should try it again." Doesn't help that my best friend plays and every single time I see him TEC comes into our conversation.
                            Sorry man.

On a side note. I love you Culexus.
                            VOTE!!! TMS

http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vo...e+Eternal+City

Originally posted by xiaozh
                            There, I saw Neptune himself demonstrating Hypnoticus Pirate Style.
                            Originally posted by SirLocke
                            Hypnoticus and I remember a time when those that wield tridents were gods among mere mortal men.

Comment

Originally posted by Lime View Post
                              To this day, I still find it unusual that people lump him and I together. As for your question, though, I personally lost interest well before that event and your PK was more a case of correlation than causation. It just happened to be around the time I really -really- lost interest.

Killing Ty was something Hurrok was very interested in doing and it lined up nicely with his story arc. The same with Hurrok's PK attempt at Culexus as well. It lined up well. (I still believe your patty's PK was probably my most enjoyable pvp in the game outside of Hurrok and Shizdain's rivalry).

I'll try to log in the WA for a short bit this afternoon if anyone is interested in catching up.

Comment

Working...
                              X