No announcement yet.

JustTECThings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been like this for me too, logging in every few weeks in hopes that something will spark the magic this game once had. Can't quit for good, because I keep foolishly holding onto that hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Powers View Post
      To this day, I still find it unusual that people lump him and I together. As for your question, though, I personally lost interest well before that event and your PK was more a case of correlation than causation. It just happened to be around the time I really -really- lost interest.

Killing Ty was something Hurrok was very interested in doing and it lined up nicely with his story arc. The same with Hurrok's PK attempt at Culexus as well. It lined up well. (I still believe your patty's PK was probably my most enjoyable pvp in the game outside of Hurrok and Shizdain's rivalry).

I'll try to log in the WA for a short bit this afternoon if anyone is interested in catching up.
      What PVP was there with my patrician? Was it the chain of events that happened after he was killed? In that case, no idea about that on my end.
      Originally posted by Zenerai
      I'll be back at some point in the future.

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.

Comment

Hey Mike, good to hear from you. You said you were going through your old laptop before handing it off to a friend? All those files. Did you save them? That's a LOT of rich history from your teenage years on through college. Hopefully you kept hold of them, and if you did, you should share some of them.

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
          Hey Mike, good to hear from you. You said you were going through your old laptop before handing it off to a friend? All those files. Did you save them? That's a LOT of rich history from your teenage years on through college. Hopefully you kept hold of them, and if you did, you should share some of them.

Best regards.
          Yep send me your char gen secrets and arcane mechanics knowledge.

Best Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Tweninger View Post

Best regards.
            Howdy, I still see you on Facebook occasionally. Yeah all the files are saved in the cloud right now. I'll take some time and see if there are any particularly interesting ones. I have no idea on the GMs' current stance about posting events from like 10+ years ago, but I have some pretty interesting PKs in there.

Comment

Howdy, I still see you on Facebook occasionally. Yeah all the files are saved in the cloud right now. I'll take some time and see if there are any particularly interesting ones. I have no idea on the GMs' current stance about posting events from like 10+ years ago, but I have some pretty interesting PKs in there.
              If the players of the characters don't care, and it doesn't hurt the present game-world, then I see no reason as to why you couldn't post.

If anything, just blur out the character names. That's automatically a-okay with the GM's.

Comment

[Success: 5, Roll: 85] Stepping slightly to the side, you bring your oak fangstave down in a forward spin and unleash several rapid strikes aimed at Bubba! He suffers a cut to his neck. Critical Hit! Jolting cut to the right arm. He suffers a cut to his right hand.
                You lean in and force Bubba’s mouth open and grasp his tongue with your free hand.
                Blood spurts from Bubba’s mouth as you slice his tongue from his mouth.
                A man in a blackened bronze helmet with silver studs and a sleek featureless faceplate stops offering a highly polished retalq dagger to you.
                A man in a blackened bronze helmet with silver studs and a sleek featureless faceplate cackles.

Comment

I logged in the other day.

Still looks like a bunch of words to me.

Comment

I'll take some time and see if there are any particularly interesting ones. I have no idea on the GMs' current stance about posting events from like 10+ years ago, but I have some pretty interesting PKs in there.
                    I'd be interested in seeing some of those old posts, too. I left the gameworld in 2001, the nostalgia would be nifty.
                    "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Comment

Ditto on that. Even if a few of them are my characters, I don't mind. I miss those days.
                      Originally posted by Zenerai
                      I'll be back at some point in the future.

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.

Comment

Title" When Told Not to Look..Dont

a man in a bronze helmet with a grinning faceplate fires an iron-tipped arrow from a lacquered deep red bow with black nocks and grip at Victim.
                        The shot strikes Victim hard and he appears bewildered!
                        With a fluid motion, you bring your iron-capped black quarterstave in a downward sweeping arc aimed at Victim’s legs, knocking him down! Continuing the spinning motion, you then bring around the opposite end of the weapon to strike! Victim’s leather arming jerkin absorbs the impact of the blow.
                        A man in a ragged gray hooded cloak tightly grips his knife. Stepping towards Victim, he then lunges a stab at him and strikes. A man in a ragged gray hooded cloak then moves his rear foot forward and pivots on it, spinning his whole body, while his knife arcs viciously in a follow-up slash! He suffers a shallow cut to his face.
                        With a quick fluid motion a man in a bronze helmet with a grinning faceplate loads his lacquered deep red bow with black nocks and grip.
                        You are no longer busy.
                        Victim says, "Stop."
                        Victim looks at a man in a bronze helmet with a grinning faceplate.
                        You exclaim, "Don't look, don't talk, don't Think!"
                        Victim looks at you.
                        You are no longer busy.
                        a man in a bronze helmet with a grinning faceplate fires an iron-tipped arrow from a lacquered deep red bow with black nocks and grip at Victim.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Bubba View Post
                          Title" When Told Not to Look..Don't
                          We did get pretty soft in our later days.

I am trying to find the big Treehouse hit where we cornered quite a bit of the TM and Legio, I can't find that one...it was also like 75 pages total though.

Most of the logs are just awful 50+ pages of constable meetings and watching Dumond RP with 9 GMs at once. I have a few hours to burn, I'll try to find some more and jump into the WA after I grab some food.

Comment

Got any of Pythen and Ashin and Cleb?

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Bubba View Post
                              Got any of Pythen and Ashin and Cleb?
                              And Thryn. All in the same room.

Comment

(I still believe your patty's PK was probably my most enjoyable pvp in the game outside of Hurrok and Shizdain's rivalry).
                                Even though Hurrok and Shiz never really actually got to fight outside of a controlled instance, it still was a fun rivalry I think. Miss those days, and hated those days all at the same time. Funny how drama roller coasters have that effect.

That Rivalry was like a hurricane that got lots of characters sucked up and killed in the process, yet Shiz and Hurrok both walked away relatively unscathed.

Comment

Working...
                                X