Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

JustTECThings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Powers
    started a topic JustTECThings

JustTECThings

I was getting rid of an old laptop and went to wipe it before giving it to a pal. Decided to look through some old files to see if I needed to save anything. I came across probably 500+ documents from TEC and the old client that Drew made that I used to play on. I tried to log on to see if it even still worked or was blocked. Quickly came to realize that I didn't even remember my TEC PW.

Fast forward a few hours and I came to the forums and it took me like 20 tries to figure out my username/PW combo. Quite a bit of nostalgia.

I am about to be turning 30 and vividly remember waking up early on the weekends to plug the phone line into the computer before the rest of my family woke to train for a few hours.

Anyhoo, back to work for me. Hope all is well with everyone. Anyone that is in Vegas that wants to grab a beer or food can send me a message. I am pretty easy to find in other ways as well.

• HotMoltenLava
    replied
    Man, why can't the forums be more like Facebook? I want to like so many of these damned posts. I miss them too, lots of people really.

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied
    Agreed the fun times I had with them, and Semptat and Meth, they made the game for me so much. At times I make Kered talk to ghosts of friends who aren't there anymore , like Meth's chair at toga.

Leave a comment:

• Max Powers
    replied
    Originally posted by Kered View Post
    I get the I miss person x alot lately
    Same, but you can't really beat Lan, Reparte, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied
    I get the I miss person x alot lately

Leave a comment:

• Max Powers
    replied
    Reading this makes me miss Haggard and Kerck's player so much
    I think few people realize what Jason and Jere brought to this game. No one really shaped TEC like that family.

Leave a comment:

• Dalos87
    replied
    Jere pops in from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• Rinduck
    replied
    Originally posted by Max Powers View Post
    I remember walking Shiz to the colosseum and everyone was saying "Just kill him here, we'll say he tried to escape." I thought to myself, what the hell am I gonna do with Hurrok if he dies?

Our spar was fun though, and I fully assumed Hurrok would be PK'd if I lost. The good ole days of crazy OP'd stomp/hook.
    Hah! I remember following Hurrok before and after the fights, just waiting for a bunch of plated connies to jump out and finish the job. Was amazed he made it through that.

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Max Powers
    replied
    Originally posted by Rinduck View Post
    Even though Hurrok and Shiz never really actually got to fight outside of a controlled instance, it still was a fun rivalry I think. Miss those days, and hated those days all at the same time. Funny how drama roller coasters have that effect.

That Rivalry was like a hurricane that got lots of characters sucked up and killed in the process, yet Shiz and Hurrok both walked away relatively unscathed.
    I remember walking Shiz to the colosseum and everyone was saying "Just kill him here, we'll say he tried to escape." I thought to myself, what the hell am I gonna do with Hurrok if he dies?

Our spar was fun though, and I fully assumed Hurrok would be PK'd if I lost. The good ole days of crazy OP'd stomp/hook.

Leave a comment:

• Rinduck
    replied
    Originally posted by Max Powers View Post
    (I still believe your patty's PK was probably my most enjoyable pvp in the game outside of Hurrok and Shizdain's rivalry).
    Even though Hurrok and Shiz never really actually got to fight outside of a controlled instance, it still was a fun rivalry I think. Miss those days, and hated those days all at the same time. Funny how drama roller coasters have that effect.

That Rivalry was like a hurricane that got lots of characters sucked up and killed in the process, yet Shiz and Hurrok both walked away relatively unscathed.

Leave a comment:

• Max Powers
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad Bubba View Post
    Got any of Pythen and Ashin and Cleb?
    And Thryn. All in the same room.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Bubba
    replied
    Got any of Pythen and Ashin and Cleb?

Leave a comment:

• Max Powers
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad Bubba View Post
    Title" When Told Not to Look..Don't
    We did get pretty soft in our later days.

I am trying to find the big Treehouse hit where we cornered quite a bit of the TM and Legio, I can't find that one...it was also like 75 pages total though.

Most of the logs are just awful 50+ pages of constable meetings and watching Dumond RP with 9 GMs at once. I have a few hours to burn, I'll try to find some more and jump into the WA after I grab some food.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Bubba
    replied
    Title" When Told Not to Look..Dont

a man in a bronze helmet with a grinning faceplate fires an iron-tipped arrow from a lacquered deep red bow with black nocks and grip at Victim.
    The shot strikes Victim hard and he appears bewildered!
    With a fluid motion, you bring your iron-capped black quarterstave in a downward sweeping arc aimed at Victimís legs, knocking him down! Continuing the spinning motion, you then bring around the opposite end of the weapon to strike! Victimís leather arming jerkin absorbs the impact of the blow.
    A man in a ragged gray hooded cloak tightly grips his knife. Stepping towards Victim, he then lunges a stab at him and strikes. A man in a ragged gray hooded cloak then moves his rear foot forward and pivots on it, spinning his whole body, while his knife arcs viciously in a follow-up slash! He suffers a shallow cut to his face.
    With a quick fluid motion a man in a bronze helmet with a grinning faceplate loads his lacquered deep red bow with black nocks and grip.
    You are no longer busy.
    Victim says, "Stop."
    Victim looks at a man in a bronze helmet with a grinning faceplate.
    You exclaim, "Don't look, don't talk, don't Think!"
    Victim looks at you.
    You are no longer busy.
    a man in a bronze helmet with a grinning faceplate fires an iron-tipped arrow from a lacquered deep red bow with black nocks and grip at Victim.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X