Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Staff Notes & Staffing Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff Notes & Staffing Update

Hey folks -

Popping in with an update on our yearly goals, where we're headed, and what the team would like you to be aware of.
    • I'd like to confirm the speculation that we do, indeed, have a 'newish' GM on staff. They've been with us for a bit now and have settled in nicely. So if you find yourself interacting with them, please say hello!
    • I also wanted to confirm that over the past couple of months, I've been working with Sceadu as he's transferred his leadership role to me. Now that the transfer is official, I wanted to take time to publicly thank Sceadu for his dedication to TEC. He's devoted a lot of personal time and effort to make sure the game we all love has been able to continue, even through the thinner years. I also really appreciate the mentorship and friendship he's provided during my time on staff.
    • We have a fair amount of new content to be released over the next few weeks. As much as possible will be posted with advance notice on Events, but some of it will also be surprise or spontaneous events. So keep an eye on event postings, and listen for IG happenings. And if you're very observant IG, there are a couple of clues that have already been laid.
    • We appreciate the traits feedback. Our next step is to provide a list of traits, including the updates to old ones and the new ones we're suggesting, so you can have time to provide feedback on those.
    I'm excited for all the things we currently have in the pipeline, and there's truly something for everyone - non-coms, combatants, event-lovers, solo-players, everyone. If you have wished for more gameworld to explore, more places to hunt, more ways for newcomers to earn money, more things to spend that money on, and MUCH more - you may see those wishes granted soon.

Working...
X