No announcement yet.

Bug Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All three Inns in Rock Valley have finally been rebuilt to full functionality and are open for business. (some doors/hallways had been blocked off with debris- and one of the inn-keepers was cowering in a locked room) Their rates are also now competitive enough to warrant three separate establishments. This is half bug-fix and half I-saw-two-of-three-inns-had-no-customers-and-did-some-sprucing-and-cost-balancing.

(For those completely unaware there was more than one inn in Rock Valley - The Dew Drop Inn is located northeast of the square, and both The Barbarian's Feet Inn, and The Mighty Magris Inn are located southeast of the square.)
    Game Master Tale
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

• The post offices will now be working properly. Some characters had issues with receiving mail messages. If two characters had a very similar name, it would choose the first one that was found rather than finding a specific match first.

As an example: Taci and Aratus Tacitus. Attempting to send a mail message to "Taci" would send it to Aratus Tacitus before the fix since he had registered with the post office first. It will now properly send the mail directly to Taci. The same would have happened with other similarly named characters (Andrew- Andrewius, Isle - Isles, Ava - Avay, and so on).

Comment

• Due to some silly ancient code, gladiators were making things screwy for trapped weapons when they fell unconscious. This -should- no longer be the case. Please @report if there are still issues.

What should occur:

Any trapped weapons/people should be released as the gladiator falls KO, and the state of the weapon should remain unchanged (if it is inhand and wielded, that's what it should remain as.)

[Success: 5, Roll: 63] A gladiator stabs upwards at your knife with the tines of her arena trident. She manages to lock the tines of her arena trident over your knife, catching it with a quick twist!
        A knife is released as the gladiator falls!
        Several arena attendants drag away the wounded gladiator.
        Active Projects:
        • Priorities
          1. Bug fixes
          2. Fixes for existing hunting grounds/NPCs (ongoing)
          3. Basran Hill story, eventual lead to ToH.
        • Side projects
          1. Malezzerai (dialogue ongoing)
          2. Armour Rebalancing (ongoing)
          3. Assisting org/event GMs with lore consistency and coding support.
          4. Additions to Monlon (TBA), Blackvine (after Monlon), Rock Valley (after BV), Steps (after RV.) Overall goal to add substance to existing regions.

Comment

• All wall shields should be wearable over sagums and paenulas now, not just some of them as was the case before.
          Active Projects:
          • Priorities
            1. Bug fixes
          • Side projects
            4. Additions to Monlon (TBA), Blackvine (after Monlon), Rock Valley (after BV), Steps (after RV.) Overall goal to add substance to existing regions.

Comment

• The new jeweler shop in RV wasn't updating random stock as it was supposed to, but it should be functioning properly now.
            Game Master Tale
            Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

• Using a Reaping Hook to harvest grass now functions correctly. Previously a typo prevented it from being as recognized as a grass harvesting tool when the list of tools was updated a while back.

This is important, because each tool helps the process to a different degree, so your choice of tool (or lack thereof) is a dynamic decision and not just an aesthetic one. Please @report any problems.
              Game Master Tale

Comment

• AI Update:

Creatures will now preferentially approach targets that are unguarded, or have a weak guard protecting them. There should be much less of the approach-blocked-retreat-approach spam.

This should apply to all creatures that rely on approaching their targets.
                Active Projects:
                • Priorities
                  1. Bug fixes
                • Side projects

Comment

• The Veteran Character Weapon Store had a longstanding bug that has been fixed. When looking at the case some items would show up as excellent quality and you would then be asked to spend extra credits for them if you wished to raise their qualities to excellent. You will now receive the items with the proper quality, so if it is of excellent quality in the glass display case, you will receive an excellent quality weapon.

Please note that -only- the weapons with average quality in the glass display case can receive a boost in quality. Any items that show up as having anything higher than average quality will -not- have the possibility to upgrade it. All regular items on the list are unaffected by this change. This change only affects the weapons found in the glass display case.

Comment

• I accidentally flipped the RPoTM award switch while preparing it for the first end of month of the new system, so some of you may or may not have a couple of @mails stating that your RPs went up and then down again.

Carry on.
                    Active Projects:
                    • Priorities
                      1. Bug fixes
                    • Side projects

Comment

• Brigands/Oak Woods
                      -------------------
                      * I'm not entirely sure yet if their sometimes-echo-but-don't-spawn issue is fixed, but I haven't been able to duplicate it since I fixed a deeper bug that I think was the cause. If this still happens, please report.
                      * They should no longer guard comrades who aren't in the same place. For real this time.

Ravanites
                      ---------
                      * As I mentioned in the Ravanite Tunnels thread, I've limited them from attacking PCs after unconsciousness. Still improving it, but for now you should be able to avoid comas due to sustained attacks. This is to keep them in line with other NPC hunting ground behaviour.
                      * AI Improvements with how they spawn, and then how they act, in their new group tactics. I thank all players who've tested there and sent in feedback. Please continue to do so!

Other Bugs
                      ----------
                      * Increased performance in several background processes related to daily or scheduled tasks. The impact probably won't be noticeable most days, but it will help if and when other server issues arise.
                      * There is a rare but long-standing grappling bug that can result in either the attacker or defender receiving an error while attempting to free themselves or attack while grappled. I think I've finally figured out what causes it, and have fixed it for one type of grapple. I will continue to monitor it to fix other permutations of it as they come up.
                      Active Projects:
                      • Priorities
                        1. Bug fixes
                      • Side projects

Comment

• I've given the UNDRESS command a work-over to hopefully eliminate many (or all) of its kinks. I've tested it in a number of situations, and all seems well so far.

For those of you who've used it regularly, please run additional tests and let me know if all's well or if there are still bugs to figure out.
                        Active Projects:
                        • Priorities
                          1. Bug fixes
                        • Side projects

Comment

• We are aware of the holdings/eviction issue and it is being looked at currently. Please bear with us.
                          Active Projects:
                          • Priorities
                            1. Bug fixes
                          • Side projects

Comment

• Alrighty, here's the story:

As previously stated, we've been working on updating code that causes lag. Most of the time, it's big objects (such as the discard graveyard cleanup done last month.) Wyrhtan built us additional tools to help detect some of the subtler ones, and holdings were one of them.

What was happening with some kinds of holdings is that they were timing out before being completed, so a bunch of people that should have been evicted weren't, rent wasn't always charged, etc.

I restructured the code so that it completes every time, fully and for everyone.

Unfortunately, I assumed that the person who'd built it had programmed it to only run once per IG day. I don't know why I assumed that a daily thing only ran daily, but I'll remember it in the future. Anyway, several people were charged their daily rent about 150-300 times in the time I was gone out for dinner.

In regards to the e-mails: Half of it is due from this, and the other half is that I gave the test server the same update earlier in the day, without realizing its e-mail system was also now active (it had just been reseeded last week.)

Where it stands now: I have re-issued everyone's rooms. I have refunded the people that were evicted: I will dig deeper to refund everyone else. Most items were safely deposited into bank accounts, or never left the rooms before the rooms were restored. Those that weren't will be easy enough to track down.

My to-do list for tonight is to do that refund, replace missing items, update the eviction code so that it actually removes all possessions like it's supposed to, and then fix the holdings code again so that it works, runs smoothly, and is only *truly* daily.

I admit I do feel pretty embarrassed that it was an old bug lagging the holdings to a standstill, and also keeping everyone from running out of money in a matter of hours.
                            Active Projects:
                            • Priorities
                              1. Bug fixes
                            • Side projects

Comment

• Update:
                              • Items restored (to bank accounts.)
                              • Funds restored (to all affected renters, not just those who were evicted.) +/- a few days' rent.
                              • Fixed the secondary error in holdings: The daily expenses used to crash before they got to complete their full run, so the old bug actually protected it. When I fixed it from crashing, it was allowed to run through, which it did exponentially based on the amount of holdings. This is no longer possible.
                              • Added some additional measures to make sure it can't happen under any circumstances: I've made it impossible to be called more than once per IG day, even by GMs.
                              • Bunyip is currently working on the eviction code so that all personal items are returned to the renter's account, when someone is evicted.

Lesson learned: Just assume that every bandaid I peel away is just a meta bandaid for the real wound somewhere else.
                              Thanks to Uzak, Busillis and Bunyip for the assists.
                              Active Projects:
                              • Priorities
                                1. Bug fixes
                              • Side projects

Comment

• Crit Lore's formula has been fixed and balanced out. I won't go into numbers, but previously all general lore ranks were counted towards the crit bonus, in addition to the body part lore.

As of now, general lore ranks only provide a very small bonus, and only on attacks/parts that make sense (Organ lore won't affect crits to the extremities, Blood lore won't affect bruising attacks, ... Stuff like that.)

This is in anticipation of training becoming available again once the Dalmia story arc has advanced past a certain point. Exact time frame unknown.
                                Active Projects:
                                • Priorities
                                  1. Bug fixes
                                • Side projects

Comment

Working...
                                X