X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tale
    replied
    Be advised: The game will be restarted after today's afternoon backup (and will be restarted using data from that backup), for routine maintenance. This will cause a revert of a just few minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    The ability to purchase a domus for your character IG will be enabled Saturday morning. We don't want to give a specific time which may give some an unfair advantage in purchasing some of the limited stock this go-around. This option is accessed via the PLAY command in the Welcome Area under the SPEND STORYPOINTS menu.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    The ability to purchase a domus in the game will be available next weekend via the Play > Spend StoryPoints menu in the Welcome Area. Quantity is limited so purchases will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. Don’t fret if you miss out on this initial release, there will be more to come! The cost of this purchase will be 500 StoryPoints and will be available to paid subscribers only. When a purchase is made in this manner, you will receive a golden ticket and will need to send in an @request to redeem it for the character you wish to receive the domus. These tickets are able to be “gifted” to friends, if you’re the generous sort and wish to purchase one for a friend.

The available domii are pre-built, so choosing a location is not an option. Until further notice, any domus purchased in this manner will be located in the Sandbar district.

We have made an effort to make all the domii purchased in this fashion very similar so everyone will be getting equal value for their StoryPoints. The Room Makeover option of Role-Point expenditures can be used to remodel these domii. In Game cost will be dependent on the extent of remodeling and IC materials required.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    Four new staff members will be joining our ranks this weekend . Among the new staff we have two new SG (Quadrigarius and Beleren) and two new GM coders (Scolve and Pranzor). Please help us in making them feel welcome and try not to scare them off as they begin their journey in helping us make your gaming experience more enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    A Personal Note

It has been brought to my attention that there has been a serious breakdown of communication between staff and players, and even between the staff itself. There have been many misunderstandings and inconveniences due to this and I wish to let the players know that I plan on rectifying this situation. In the very near future, I plan on bringing on a few new staff members (GMs and SGs alike) so I may be contacting some of you in the near future. I plan on trying to hold more frequent meetings with the staff to try and avoid this situation in the future.

Also, on a bit more personal level, it seems some players feel that I was showing favoritism to certain players. I can do nothing more than promise you that this is NOT the case. In the 11 years I have been a GM for TEC I have prided myself in treating each player fairly, regardless of my or any of my staff members’ personal feelings towards them. As some of you may have noticed, some steps have been taken into removing SOME of what has caused these accusations.

I would like to thank all of you that have been patient and understanding in this time, and reassure those of you that have not that I am actively formulating a plan to alleviate these issues in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    For the next 72 hours, the role-point accumulation rate has been doubled. Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    Just a gentle reminder that if you are looking for any kind of NPC interaction, please use an Event Request Ticket. Make sure in the ticket you state the following:

* Who you need to interact with
    * The character wanting the interaction
    * A brief summary as to what the interaction is to be about
    * Your general availability

Both SGs and GMs have access to these tickets, and they are better to work from than ringing the bell, and/or proclaiming, as it allows for leaving a message.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    I have added a new command for the GMs to allow us to easily toggle on or off the ability of a character to be PKed. If your character is witnessed getting involved in situations that could obviously (in a real setting) get your character killed, a GM may use this command to make your character able to be PKed by anyone. This command is a toggle, so if we witness your character has removed him/herself from the situation with no plans on jumping back in, we will use this command again to remove the PK option from your character. If this command is used on your character, you WILL get a message letting you know that the character is able to be PKed.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    In light of some of the recent observed activities IG, if a character is assisting in the attempted PK of another character, there is a chance the "assisting" character will become PKable themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    If you have a problem with the creature you took over when pushing the Creature Controller Button, you will need to file the @report AFTER exiting emulation. The creature you were controlling is destroyed after you exit emulation, so we have no record of who sent in the report. If you filed one of these recently, you need to re-file again as your WA persona so we'll know who to get in touch with to correct the situation.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    For those of you that have not been keeping up with other forums, since the switch to the new machine, TEC's backup times are running in the range of 1 minute 30 seconds (compared to upwards of an hour before). Since backups should not be causing some of the issues we've had in the past, we have set backups to run twice a day once again.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    We will be moving TEC to a new machine next week. Official word from Skotos is as follows:

==
    On Friday (the 23rd), we will start moving our web pages and related databases. This will result in temporary downtimes while things are moved and DNS catches up. The Forums will likely be the most affected because of their dynamic nature. Wikis will be included in this move (as the last element).

The web downtime is open-ended, starting Friday morning and continuing on workdays (including Monday) until it's done, but downtime will be piecemeal and intermittent.

On Tuesday (the 27th), we will be moving our User Database. This will result in a temporary inability to log into all games, but if you're already in a game, you should be fine.

On Thursday (the 29th), we will be moving TEC.

The game downtimes are each scheduled for noon to 5pm PT on the day in question. The User Database is potentially the more troublesome of the two; if there are any problems we may need to reschedule it for a second day.
    ==

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    A link to the new TEC Wiki and TEC's Official Twitter page have been added to the Player Sites link (http://www.skotos.net/games/eternal-...yersites.shtml). Thanks to Zikkurat for the feedback.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    For the next 48 hours, Role Point accumulation will be doubled. Happy Easter!

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    In hopes to keep our players better informed we have taken steps to be more vocal and visible on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-E...33023980060917 and on our new Twitter account at https://twitter.com/TheEternalCity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X