Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the next 48 hours, role point accumulation rate will be doubled! Enjoy!
    Game Master Sceadu

Comment

Return of the StoryGuides

As some of you may have noticed, we have reactivated the StoryGuide program. Castael is our newest SG and has been very active and doing a excellent job since being brought on. Many of you have sent in feedback praising his efforts and I have forwarded them to him as they have come in. Please feel free to continue to send in feedback, but if it is something concerning the SGs, please remember the @SGFEEDBACK command so it will go directly to them so they may have direct access to it.
      Game Master Sceadu

Comment

Crash

As most of you have probably noticed by now, TEC is down. The cause of this was a disk failure and Skotos is in the process of getting us up and running again. It appears that, all going well, we should be able to restore from this morning's backup, which completed approximately about 2 hours before the crash.

Word from Skotos is, "its going to take a while. Probably a few hours, maybe more. Nothing to be done about it, it's just an expected annoyance when a disk fails. I wouldn't count on access to the game until this evening. TEC will probably continue to be slow afterward, as RAID rebuilds. That may be the case until tomorrow morning."

We apologize for the inconvenience.
        Game Master Sceadu

Comment

And we're tentatively back up and running.
          Game Master Sceadu

Comment

As some are probably aware (especially the orgs I help), my activity has been a roller coaster. I am writing this now as part explanation, and part forewarning.

In one week, I am scheduled to officially be a father. Because of this, I have had more things to do than hang around TEC. More recently, I have had an uptick of activity as more a way to get away from the stress. However, I can't guarantee one way or the other after next week. I might be so busy I just can't log on, or I might be on a lot to try and 'get away'. We will see. Either way, I just wanted to post a note about it so that there is some kind of an explanation, and to let people know (esp. the orgs) that I am not just plain ignoring them.

Have fun in there!

Comment

It seems there was an error in the math with the new option to purchase attribute increases via StoryPoints. It appears it wasn't taking traits into consideration. That has hopefully been corrected and we are sorry for any confusion caused by the mistake. Please @report any further issues that may arise.
              Game Master Sceadu

Comment

In hopes to keep our players better informed we have taken steps to be more vocal and visible on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-E...33023980060917 and on our new Twitter account at https://twitter.com/TheEternalCity.
                Game Master Sceadu

Comment

For the next 48 hours, Role Point accumulation will be doubled. Happy Easter!
                  Game Master Sceadu

Comment

A link to the new TEC Wiki and TEC's Official Twitter page have been added to the Player Sites link (http://www.skotos.net/games/eternal-...yersites.shtml). Thanks to Zikkurat for the feedback.
                    Game Master Sceadu

Comment

We will be moving TEC to a new machine next week. Official word from Skotos is as follows:

==
                      On Friday (the 23rd), we will start moving our web pages and related databases. This will result in temporary downtimes while things are moved and DNS catches up. The Forums will likely be the most affected because of their dynamic nature. Wikis will be included in this move (as the last element).

The web downtime is open-ended, starting Friday morning and continuing on workdays (including Monday) until it's done, but downtime will be piecemeal and intermittent.

On Tuesday (the 27th), we will be moving our User Database. This will result in a temporary inability to log into all games, but if you're already in a game, you should be fine.

On Thursday (the 29th), we will be moving TEC.

The game downtimes are each scheduled for noon to 5pm PT on the day in question. The User Database is potentially the more troublesome of the two; if there are any problems we may need to reschedule it for a second day.
                      ==
                      Game Master Sceadu

Comment

For those of you that have not been keeping up with other forums, since the switch to the new machine, TEC's backup times are running in the range of 1 minute 30 seconds (compared to upwards of an hour before). Since backups should not be causing some of the issues we've had in the past, we have set backups to run twice a day once again.
                        Game Master Sceadu

Comment

If you have a problem with the creature you took over when pushing the Creature Controller Button, you will need to file the @report AFTER exiting emulation. The creature you were controlling is destroyed after you exit emulation, so we have no record of who sent in the report. If you filed one of these recently, you need to re-file again as your WA persona so we'll know who to get in touch with to correct the situation.
                          Game Master Sceadu

Comment

In light of some of the recent observed activities IG, if a character is assisting in the attempted PK of another character, there is a chance the "assisting" character will become PKable themselves.
                            Game Master Sceadu

Comment

I have added a new command for the GMs to allow us to easily toggle on or off the ability of a character to be PKed. If your character is witnessed getting involved in situations that could obviously (in a real setting) get your character killed, a GM may use this command to make your character able to be PKed by anyone. This command is a toggle, so if we witness your character has removed him/herself from the situation with no plans on jumping back in, we will use this command again to remove the PK option from your character. If this command is used on your character, you WILL get a message letting you know that the character is able to be PKed.
                              Game Master Sceadu

Comment

Just a gentle reminder that if you are looking for any kind of NPC interaction, please use an Event Request Ticket. Make sure in the ticket you state the following:

* Who you need to interact with
                                * The character wanting the interaction
                                * A brief summary as to what the interaction is to be about
                                * Your general availability

Both SGs and GMs have access to these tickets, and they are better to work from than ringing the bell, and/or proclaiming, as it allows for leaving a message.

Comment

Working...
                                X