Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

General Announcements

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sceadu
    replied
    In hopes to keep our players better informed we have taken steps to be more vocal and visible on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-E...33023980060917 and on our new Twitter account at https://twitter.com/TheEternalCity.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    It seems there was an error in the math with the new option to purchase attribute increases via StoryPoints. It appears it wasn't taking traits into consideration. That has hopefully been corrected and we are sorry for any confusion caused by the mistake. Please @report any further issues that may arise.

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    As some are probably aware (especially the orgs I help), my activity has been a roller coaster. I am writing this now as part explanation, and part forewarning.

In one week, I am scheduled to officially be a father. Because of this, I have had more things to do than hang around TEC. More recently, I have had an uptick of activity as more a way to get away from the stress. However, I can't guarantee one way or the other after next week. I might be so busy I just can't log on, or I might be on a lot to try and 'get away'. We will see. Either way, I just wanted to post a note about it so that there is some kind of an explanation, and to let people know (esp. the orgs) that I am not just plain ignoring them.

Have fun in there!

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    And we're tentatively back up and running.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    Crash

As most of you have probably noticed by now, TEC is down. The cause of this was a disk failure and Skotos is in the process of getting us up and running again. It appears that, all going well, we should be able to restore from this morning's backup, which completed approximately about 2 hours before the crash.

Word from Skotos is, "its going to take a while. Probably a few hours, maybe more. Nothing to be done about it, it's just an expected annoyance when a disk fails. I wouldn't count on access to the game until this evening. TEC will probably continue to be slow afterward, as RAID rebuilds. That may be the case until tomorrow morning."

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    Return of the StoryGuides

As some of you may have noticed, we have reactivated the StoryGuide program. Castael is our newest SG and has been very active and doing a excellent job since being brought on. Many of you have sent in feedback praising his efforts and I have forwarded them to him as they have come in. Please feel free to continue to send in feedback, but if it is something concerning the SGs, please remember the @SGFEEDBACK command so it will go directly to them so they may have direct access to it.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    For the next 48 hours, role point accumulation rate will be doubled! Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    Some of you may have already noticed we have a new option in the PLAY command from the Welcome Area. If not, here's your heads up.

[P] Spend Story-Points

This creates a new option of Story-Point only purchases. These purchases are NOT purchases that are available through the current Role-Point purchase system. We will be adding to this type of purchase option in the future.

Currently the only "working" options under this new menu is the old "Covert Story-Points" and a new option of purchasing attribute increases. Attribute increases purchased in this fashion do NOT require training at the courses to actually increase the attribute. These purchases will actually increase the attribute and not just it's "potential". The cost of this option is 50 Story-Points per 1 increase and is currently only available to premium subscribers.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    Organzational Changes

In an attempt to help streamline Organizations we have made a few changes:

The ability to add and remove leaders has been enabled for some orgs. These will include any org that isn’t a government run or answerable to “higher powers”.

Militia orgs (any org formed to help in the defense of any or the entire republic) will now fall under the umbrella of the Legion. What this means is that the Centurion of Legio 1 will have the power to add and remove leaders to any such org. Currently these orgs consist of the MVG, the TM, and the BVM. The Centurion is not to “micro-manage” these orgs, but there to assist in leadership issues and to offer advice in the way they are run. This translates into an In Game Senate decree and should be taken as such. Any of these orgs that are currently having leadership issues should approach the Centurion and discuss these issues with him.

This should assist in the transitions of leadership in many orgs and allow those that wish it to have multiple leaders (access to the @org menu) if they wish.

Note: A character cannot remove THEMSELF as leader of an org. If they wish to pass on leadership, they will need to add the new leader and then let the new leader remove them as a leader.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    In conjunction with the option to purchase StoryPoints through Skotos, the conversion rate of Role Points to StoryPoints has been increased to 4 to 1 from the previous 2.5 to 1.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    The "Spend Role Points" menu is back up and running, and should now reflect the new RP cost. Please @report any issues. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    The "Spend Role Points" option from the Welcome Area will be down for a few hours today while we make adjustments to meet the new RP costs.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    New Role Point Expediture Pricing list

This is what the list looks like for future pricing for RP expenditures.

THESE PRICES ARE NOT CURRENTLY IN EFFECT. ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT WILL FOLLOW TO LET EVERYONE KNOW WHEN THIS PRICE LIST ACTUALLY GOES LIVE.

| * RP Expenditure * | * Premium * | * Basic * | * Freebie * |
    | General Skill Point | 25 | 25 | 25 |
    | Recovery of Discarded Item | 50 | 100 | 150 |
    | Additional Mark Point | 50 | 100 | 150 |
    | Luck point | 100 | 125 | 150 |
    | Skill Slot | 250 - 1500 | 250 - 1500 | x |
    | Attribute Potential (10 pts) | 1000 | 1000 | x |
    | Item Alteration | 250 | 500 | x |
    | Iridine Citizenship | 1000 | 1500 | x |
    | Character Makeover| 1000 | 1500 | 2000 |
    | Custom Armor/Weapon/Face Cover | 2000 | 2500 | 3000 |
    | Custom Role Play Prop | 1000 | 1500 | 2000 |
    | Custom Speech Pattern | 250 | x | x |
    | Custom Logout Echo | 250 | 500 | x |
    | Ability to change Pet's Name | 500 | x | x |
    | Room Makeover (must own room) | 1500 | x | x |
    | Private Welcome Room Area | 2500 | x | x |
    | Personalized Event | 3000 | x | x |
    | Organization Setup (may be split amongst players) | 5000 | 5000 | 5000|
    | Move Skill Slot | 250 | 250 | x |
    | Extra Character Slot | 3000 | 5000 | x |
    | Custom Scars | 50 | 100 | 150 |
    |Exchange Character Order | 250 | 500 | x |

* Playable NPC - Premium Only
    * Urchin - (50)
    * Trader - (50)
    * Sailor - (100)
    * Thug - (150)
    * Gladiator - (200)
    * Brute - (200)
    * Forest Bandit - (350)
    * Rogue - (500)

x = not available
    • You may notice we have broken down the former "Custom Item" into two categories. One includes armor/weapons/face covers. These are items that give a mechanical advantage to a character IG. The second category is for items that are purely for RP purposes and give no mechanical advantages. As always, there are varying IG cost related to some of these purchases as well.
    Last edited by Sceadu; 02-14-2014, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    Attribute Changes

We will soon be making some minor adjustments to attributes and the role they play in skills. This will be a three-stage process.

The “gap” attributes play in combat and other skills will be narrowed somewhat. What this means is the difference an attribute makes in your roll between (for example) the current “average” and “inhuman” should be slightly reduced.

In conjunction with this change we will be raising the “max” (background numbers) that an attribute can be taken to. This will mean the current descriptive adjectives you see when you view your characters stats will be altered, although the background numbers themselves will not change. Only those with above “very good” as an attribute description will change. For example, "inhuman” will now become "outstanding", although the actual background number will remain the same.

You will not be able to purchase attribute potential beyond the current max. A new system will be developed and put into place to allow attributes to go beyond the current max.

Leave a comment:

• Sceadu
    replied
    StoryPoints to go on Sale

In response to this announcement from Skotos we will be overhauling our Role Point expenditure options in the very near future. In doing so, we will be opening up some options for freebies to spend Role Points and adjusting the cost of some expenditures for basic and premium accounts as well. We look forward to this being a positive change for TEC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X