Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

New Hunting Ground Lvl Progression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hunting Ground Lvl Progression

Due to recent updates, upgrades, and improvements, I want everyone to know where Hunting Grounds stand in regards on where they stand in the lvl progression for newer fighters.

1) The Island
    2) The Sewers
    3) The Dumps
    3) The "Rat Pits" / The Old city
    4) The Alleys / The Sea Caves / The Extended Sewers
    5) The Coastal Alleys / The Villa / The Steps Sewers
    6) The Traevant (sp?) Forest / The Bandit Complex
    7) The Steps Gardens / The Blackvine Forests
    8) The Grey Sands
    9) The Treehouse
    10) The Black Hand Cavern

The areas of Rock Valley, and a few misc areas are intentionally left off of this list. This is meant as a bare outline of "where do I go next" for newer combat characters. The rest is up to you to explore and find out on your own. This lists takes into account several factors, but I highly suggest you never go to a new hunting ground alone. Everything after the dumps should be started on the buddy system until you know the ins and outs, and are aware of all the dangers.

That being said, you should never go to The Black Hand Cavern alone for any reason. It is designed specifically for group combat, and going alone poses several risks that could land you in a very very bad position without someone watching your back. But...it's really fun. So bring friends. 8)
    Game Master Tale
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

And to avoid speculation, yes I have already seen to the spawn rates of each Hunting Ground to make sure they can support plenty of activity. Particularly The Sewers and the TV Forest as they were somewhat lacking.

Also the treehouse is generally thought to be easier than the grey sands, but you can have a full group in the grey-sands (making it easier), as opposed to the treehouse where the number of people on the tiny walkways is limited and you are left fighting alone sometimes.

Have fun in there, and @report any problems.
    Last edited by Tale; 11-19-2012, 07:38 PM.
    Game Master Tale
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Working...
    X