Ravanite Tunnels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravanite Tunnels

Now that my previous story arc is ongoing once again, recent events have unlocked a new mid-range hunting ground within the city. Watch out in game for more events and information that will unravel this cold place further. For now, face old foes and new swarms.
    Active Projects:
    • Priorities
      1. Bug fixes
      2. Fixes for existing hunting grounds/NPCs (ongoing)
      3. Basran Hill story, eventual lead to ToH.
    • Side projects
      1. Malezzerai (dialogue ongoing)
      2. Armour Rebalancing (ongoing)
      3. Assisting org/event GMs with lore consistency and coding support.
      4. Additions to Monlon (TBA), Blackvine (after Monlon), Rock Valley (after BV), Steps (after RV.) Overall goal to add substance to existing regions.

Players surprised me by trying harder to "save" the wretches than I was expecting, so I've created a way for them to do so. East of the hunting ground, the Monloni priest Ziarus has set up camp after receiving reports from his acolyte, Mikae. You can bring captured wretches to him, and if you point them out to him he will attempt to help them.

Doing so will increase a character's reputation with the Cult of Ereal, which may provide future benefits.
    Active Projects:
    • Priorities
      1. Bug fixes
    • Side projects
      4. Additions to Monlon (TBA), Blackvine (after Monlon), Rock Valley (after BV), Steps (after RV.) Overall goal to add substance to existing regions.

Comment

Addendum: Healers can opt to help out as well, without having to venture into the tunnels. If they tend the wounded Ravanites in front of Ziarus, they will also gain Cult reputation.
      Active Projects:
      • Priorities
        1. Bug fixes
      • Side projects

Comment

Fixed a couple of bugs as mentioned in another thread.

On an IC note, you'll see numbers and tactics shift as PCs push them in one direction or another. For now I am doing this manually [also allowing me to balance out the hunting ground a the same time,] but I have some ideas for automated processes that will make the hunting ground dynamic, post-storyarc.

That's assuming PCs don't completely annihilate them during the arc.
        Active Projects:
        • Priorities
          1. Bug fixes
        • Side projects

Comment

A new area has opened up, and its existence revealed to residents of Iridine. Its location remains undetermined as of yet, but residents are told to look downward and to be prepared for great danger should they reveal what Dalmia has chosen to keep hidden.

Acolyte Mikae has asked for those to look with a careful eye and to track anything that might become revealed.

[A new scaling hunting ground has been released somewhere within Iridine city. Individuals are at a great risk the deeper they go, and will not receive OOC rescues for IC folly.]
          Active Projects:
          • Priorities
            1. Bug fixes
          • Side projects

Comment

PCs have uncovered the first new area. As I'm using a lot of new mechanics, I'll leave that one open as a 'beta test' to make sure things work as intended before further locations become revealed and released. It will also give players something to do while I continue to build.

Enjoy and @report!
            Active Projects:
            • Priorities
              1. Bug fixes
            • Side projects

Comment

Originally posted by Kneller View Post
              PCs have uncovered the first new area. As I'm using a lot of new mechanics, I'll leave that one open as a 'beta test' to make sure things work as intended before further locations become revealed and released. It will also give players something to do while I continue to build.

Enjoy and @report!
              Just another note: I've got the place amped up a bit for its initial release. Its regular spawn isn't quite as crazy, though it's still completely intended for skilled groups.
              Active Projects:
              • Priorities
                1. Bug fixes
              • Side projects

Comment

I've disabled Ravanites from continuing to attack KO'd characters with a workaround until I figure out why they're refusing to do so within regular AI. I guess they really are just a bunch of jerks.
                Active Projects:
                • Priorities
                  1. Bug fixes
                • Side projects

Comment

Working...
                X