Announcement

Collapse

Multiple Downtimes for All Games [Phase 1 Done]

Unfortunately, the whole computing world is facing a major crisis right now thanks to Intel and other major processors missing critical security flaws in their architecture. As a result, our ISP is doing a set of emergency updates to all of their hardware. We are getting about a day's notice on this, and we're told that they're going to need to patch each machine multiple times, which very inconveniently means multiple downtimes.

At this point, all of the Phase 1 Maintenance is Done, and we're awaiting word from our ISP on when Phase 2 will begin. We'll post a new announcement when it does.
See more
See less

Bitcoin lately, wow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitcoin lately, wow

I was looking at the price of Bitcoin lately and all I could think to myself was, I hope that GM that asked me years ago if I knew of a place to "unload some bitcoins that are sitting around" never found a place to dump them and held on!

Back in the early '10s I thought they were going to be pretty much a fad, myself. Oh well, can't jump on every train! I hope some of you are enjoying the ride!!
    Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Actually, I dumped all I had saved up into a contract with a bitcoin mining server farm to continuously give me a percentage of the bitcoin mined by the facility every month "until bitcoins are no longer profitable to mine". They stopped selling the 'lifetime' contracts about a month after I did so, and now only sell year-long contracts for some of the alternative crypt-currencies. My bitcoin wallet has become a happy place.

Game Master Tale
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

That sounds like a 100 roll for sure on your part! Glad the journey is going so well for you man... it sure seems like it is going to stay profitable for quite a while now so that turned out to be a genius move. Definitely wish she held more, but Wifey has been excited watching her various holdings do well too!
      Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Comment

Working...
      X