Mudlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudlet

Has anyone successfully logged into TEC with mudlet? If so would you mind sharing your configuration?

Mudlet, or any telnet client, is strictly prohibited at the current time. The current policy on client use is outlined below.

"The use of any MUD clients other than the ones provided to you by the official web site is strictly forbidden."

Comment

Siddhe's response last night regarding alternative clients.

"A flower in a mask painted to resemble Shaggy 2 Dope asks Siddhe, "I doubt this will be changed at all with the update, but just to confirm are we maintaining the aspect of alternative clients are allowed but not 'supported' till we get some actual decent supported clients?"
      Siddhe says to a flower in a mask painted to resemble Shaggy 2 Dope, "The current client situation will continue until we have new options to share, yes."

Comment

Originally posted by jkidd View Post
        Siddhe's response last night regarding alternative clients.

"A flower in a mask painted to resemble Shaggy 2 Dope asks Siddhe, "I doubt this will be changed at all with the update, but just to confirm are we maintaining the aspect of alternative clients are allowed but not 'supported' till we get some actual decent supported clients?"
        Siddhe says to a flower in a mask painted to resemble Shaggy 2 Dope, "The current client situation will continue until we have new options to share, yes."
        The official policy has not changed. Enforcement of the current policy remains at the discretion of the staff. Use of telnet clients is not supported at the present time.

Comment

Yeah, get your cheating clients outta here! Play properly.

Comment

It is about adding features. Not automation.
            Even with mIRC I was able to get a window for thoughts, make a wait for drover script. The lag on it is non existant.
            Unfortunately a map appears impossible. The room numbers are not sent via telnet...
            if it makes you feel any better I am currently removing the bot like scripts from the mIRC client.

Comment

There are programs that overlay alice, zealotry and orchill clients with very powerful scripting tools nowadays. You can inject JavaScript right into orchill.

The biggest concern with using the old java protocol to connect is that passwords are not encrypted when sent through the server and are visible to certain people.

Comment

It would be nice if the use of Mudlet would be supported at some point - I use it for the other half-dozen or so games I play. It's a bit clumsy to go from one tool I can use in every other circumstance to a specific and usually substandard one for TEC.
                Shrimpy-D

The World is a Ghetto.

Comment

#TeamNoScripting
                  #Purist
                  A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                  A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                  A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                  X