Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Chat room!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat room!

Ahhh, no chat rooms anymore for us to come together and cry over the loss of Tec Anyone have any chat rooms they plan on going to or has anyone set anything up?

I agree, we need a chatroom where everyone can come together when the game is down. Maybe it could be better, or at least the text screen could be bigger so comments don't fly by during a discussion. *eyeshift*

Comment

Chat rooms intimidate me. It's taken me months to grow slightly accustomed to the WA and even now I can only do it under the influence of significant psychiatric medication.

But I suppose, for when the game is down, a chat room is a sensible option. The trouble being it tends to be effectively unmoderated and a potential venue for IC information to be exchanged OOCly.

Lately, as I get more involved in storylines in the game, I have a harder time separating what my character knows from what I know. It was easy when all I did was slash rats. Now it takes a certain sanity, a certain conscientious consciousness which I work hard to maintain and perfect. Eventually, I hope that it will simply be automatic and habitual, and I won't have to think about it so hard. Thinking hurts. (As I'm sure Thugga would agree )

This is the first role-playing game I've played, and I've only been here for 8 months. I'm really not very good at it yet, and as things get more complex for my characters, the game gets much more challenging. I like the challenge -- and I'm wary of chat-room type situations where strict adherence to the complexities becomes of paramount importance.
      "I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Comment

Thugga don't think much, so he wouldn't know.
        Lovecraft Country: Albert Zero
        Castle Marrach: Cody the Blade

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

Got one in the works.
          Brassy
          Originally posted by Max Powers
          There are a lot of options out there outside of screwing with rank bonus to accomplish balance. I am more worried about people getting bored of the game because there are zero roleplay goals to be had which leaves mechanical goals, and those are effectively being capped.

Comment

Originally posted by Miriam
            Chat rooms intimidate me. It's taken me months to grow slightly accustomed to the WA and even now I can only do it under the influence of significant psychiatric medication.

In all the time I've been here I have not even become slgithly accustomed to WA. I don't know anyone there and almost none know me.

It is merely one more place to be confused about what is going on and what it means

I zip thru so quick I'm seldom seen.

Comment

*chuckles*

Yeah I moved to a less frequented part of the WA. Sometimes it's just too much. Chat roomis up and I'm testing a few things with the bot, like the auto swear kick and all that. If you've downloaded an IRC chat program I'll have the public channel posted, hopefully, by Saturday night.
              Brassy
              There are a lot of options out there outside of screwing with rank bonus to accomplish balance. I am more worried about people getting bored of the game because there are zero roleplay goals to be had which leaves mechanical goals, and those are effectively being capped.

Comment

Here it is.

With an IRC client you can access this one.

Simply >add< this under the Connect.

Description : Slashnet

IRC Server : perdition.slashnet.org

port : 6667

Once you've joined and have a status screen, type /join #eternal-city

That should take you straight there.

Last edited by Brassy; 08-25-2001, 11:29 PM.
                Brassy

Comment

Um, for the benefit of those who are totally clueless as to what a single part of that means, is there any way it could be explained easier?*blushes slightly*

An example of how to make a quick ten bucks and help pay for a Premium Skotos Account

Click this link, look around a bit, then click publish to get started. You can submit anything and get money sent directly to PayPal - it's extremely easy to roll that directly into Skotos - you only need to submit a few pieces of work a month.

Comment

Here it is.

Go here.

download it.

start it.

click on FILE .

Then click OPTIONS

Then CONNECT

Then click ADD.

Then type the information I gave you.

Once you've done it, you will be back to the "connect" screen.

In the top field it will say IRC servers : ALL. Leave it.

The next field, click the drop down arrow and find Slashnet.

Fill in the rest.

Once you do it, "Connect to IRC server".

In the status window, type /join #eternal-city

Once in, I suggest you type "help" and read up on all the things you can do from registering your name to color coding your chat window. Learn different IRC commands (like emoting) and so on.

I took the liberty of registering this and a few other channels, have a bot that can moderate and auto kick nuisance ijits and have the Chanserv available to "de-op" anyone not qualified to be an op. So this room should be relatively idiot free.

Enjoy!
                    Brassy

Comment

I logged on but nobody was there except Ereal *chortle*
                      A man comes back from grocery shopping to find his car rammed in on the side. Under his windshield wiper is a note that reads: "As I write this about a dozen people are watching me. They think that I'm giving you my name, address, and phone number for my insurance company. But I'm not"

Comment

Ereal

Yep. Usually it only fills when the game is down. 8)

I try to keep the bot on 24/7 so that at least one chanop is in and "Monitoring" for inappropriate language, etc.

Once I figure out where the swear list is, AOL and Microsoft will come off of it. *coughs* TECHguy kinda had them marked as "bad language". *chuckles*

Try to avoid saying those two until I get the list modified, ok?
                        Brassy

Comment

Re Chat Room

As you may know, I had the old one registered to me and I ran it.
                          Now chatrooms can be a very dangerous place, virus's can be spread easily in them and hackers love em'. I would be very weary about someone opening one up.. However I still have all the passwords for the old one...
                          All it needs if for Scott to bang the old link up on the website and it can be up an running again..!! let me know
                          [Difficulty: 45 , Roll: 100]
                          In an impressive show of strength, you wrench away your iron cestus from a man in a hooded cloak and send his razor-sharp iron scylesca with an engraved handle flying!
                          You are no longer busy.

You take a razor-sharp iron scylesca with an engraved handle.
                          You put a razor-sharp iron scylesca with an engraved handle in a black doeskin large sack.

Comment

Lame! Lame! Lame!

Lovely. What an asanine thing to post! I would NEVER pass on a virus. That is just lame. And this particular network is vigilant about that sort of thing. Honestly, think before you post!
                            Brassy

Comment

Calm down

Brassy I'm thinking he wasn't meaning you would spread a virus, but Yes mIRC is very well known for spreading virus' through their network.... Anyways, Brassy hun, you need to calm down breath a little bit? K. K!
                              The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information