Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doot This

*grits her teeth*

Every time I hear the word 'doot' I swear I want to poke out a lot of eyes. Am I the only one who feels this way?

If you need a 'cooldood' language, use something that can at least be construed to be part of the time period.

*hiss*
    Least likely to train: Govan.. actually, I should say her player. Accompanied an alt of hers training once and after she had spent fifteen minutes deciding on the wardrobe, we got all of two minutes in before she was bored.

I completely agree.

Comment

Lighten up. It's a game.
      The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..."
      Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Comment

[I'm hostile tonight, and nope, I'm not angry, just hostile ]

Del, I don't have to lighten up. You're right, it is a game. But just because it's a game doesn't mean people can ruin it by bringing in idiot language.

I'm not saying we need a language police because we don't. But like the thoughts on and thoughts off of think, things like doot should be squashed.

I mean...hooting, howling...it bugs me too. It bugs me when I see people yelling Trout or Salmon at eachother. But at least it's realistic.

Doot is such a d0oD word.
        Least likely to train: Govan.. actually, I should say her player. Accompanied an alt of hers training once and after she had spent fifteen minutes deciding on the wardrobe, we got all of two minutes in before she was bored.

Comment

When Kered was a new player, I just detested him. When he started saying those things, I hated them too. I felt exactly as you are expressing now, Govan, though poking out eyes is mild compared to some of my notions

But I'd like to point out that this is a highly subjective thing. You've made your feelings known, as you have the right, and there are people on both sides of the fence. The difficult question is, whose rights outweigh the other's? Should 'Doot' be left, despite people's feelings on it, or should it warrant an OOC warning? Some people may consider it dumb, but it's not Out-Of-Character. If you put conditions on that, how long before similar ones are tried to be put on things like Andrew's sexist thoughts? I'm pretty sure those bother some people as much or more than 'Doot'.

Personally, I don't mind Doot and Trout any longer. It's something that Kered and his friends have no doubt had tons of fun doing, perhaps solely because it is silly. *Remembers the 'Doot is all around us' conversation in thoughts* It's not really hurting me, it's not affecting my suspension of disbelief, and I really don't have to pay it much mind if I don't feel like.

Just another perspective, do with it what you will

Helio's player
          "There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum."
          ~Arthur C. Clark

Comment

Honestly I thought 'doot' was just something Kered invented, and was one of his character's little quirks.
            So, I sort of go along with it whenever he goes crazy with 'doot' and reply with a 'doot'. Sorry.
            Optio Takius Proteus of Legio I Invex, Cohort I Rearing Stallion, Eagle First Century, Lion Squad (retired).

Comment

Yah Helio, I never once said that Govan is God, do as she says. I just posted my opinion on it.

But, answer me this: If we let things like this slide, then more rp-offensive things will happen. And so on.

I am not the only one who feels like this, because if I felt I was the only one with issue on the doot, I wouldn't have posted. Doot is one of those cool dood words, like woot, dood, etc. It has no place in TEC IMHO.

The whole thread is IMHO. In my Holy Opinion (kidding :>)

There are different words you can use other than doot, come on.

someone: um...it doesn't bother me to awful much
              someone: *shrug*
              Duckaholica: gaaah. how can it NOT bug you?
              Duckaholica: *dances around you going doot doot, doot doot*
              someone: I consider them retarded ingame. Or sadly traumatized and when something reminds them they just can't help it. "doot"
              Well, I suppose I'll just have to look at it this way.

Comment

Dahkneth collects heads.

Andrew has a fear of bunnies.

Govan has an obsessive love of ducks.

Kered goes Doot and worships a fish.

Rindak and co. with weeneh.

Drunser's and Sastre's accents.

The odd quirks that so many characters have help make this game interesting. I don't think that his usage of the word "Doot" is at all OOC. To state that it is OOC because it doesn't belong in the time frame is simply ridiculous. If we took out everything that didn't belong in the time frame, TEC would be the most boring game of all.

Andrew's player.

Sexism reigns.

Comment

I'll defend myself on this one

Doot is not a dude guy word. Nor is it wot or anything of that nature. Doot was something that yes i just made up right off the bat when someone was in the Bandits woods doing silly crap.I believe it was Semptat trilling (which is a normal TEC command)
                  i thought of a funny sound that happened to be playing on the classical music channel i was listening to...some weird intrsutment and it made a sound that went "Doot."
                  I don't see how someone humming or making any such noise to be OCC. And to be honestly amused Your Patron the Justice "Dooted" which even made it more funny. It's harmless pointless fun. I'm sorry if it offends you for having fun. I guess i should keep 100 percent totally quite because it spoils others fun and not have any myself
                  Go figure.
                  "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

you've made your feelings known, as you have the right
                    Just another perspective, do with it what you will
                    These points, while not the body of my post, are probably more important. For me, they are not standard disclaimers (like quickly typing IMO to avoid flames - NOT that everyone uses it that way), I mean them. I'm a lover, not a fighter, for future reference - for everyone

Thank you,
                    Helio's player
                    "There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum."
                    ~Arthur C. Clark

Comment

No prob, Kered, but the doot is something I've seen for years :>

And yes, I've seen the Justice doot before. Usually when he tells me that anyone I interview has ever dooted, they are not to be admitted. Or to tell me how much he detests it.

tho, you don't know HALF the crap I have seen come out of the justice's mouth ;p waaaaaay funny

Comment

the moral of the story is

you play the way you want to play i wont judge you
                        let me play the way i do.please show me the respect to do the same.
                        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

So why keep going on and on if it is just your humble opinion? drop it, sheesh. like the old sayings go..opinions are like A-holes, and we all got em..some just stink alot worse than others.

*Doot*

Comment

doot

if i was higher up in the gaming chain..i would reward Kered for dooting, it's role-playing, good role-playing..he's defined something about his character that seperates it from all the other mindless zobbies playing. It's his signature, like andrew said..those people that have signatures and such..should be rewarded of there role-playing *my opinion*
                            Pocethary Archem
                            ~professional AXEbuddy to call in case of alert~

Comment

The History of Iridine Language

It seems as if language trends in Iridine are again changing. Now the favorite word of the day is doot. It has replaced the old howl, bahs, and hails of the past era. Like all catch-phrases in the short 200 plus years of the Republic, it will soon be replaced with a new and original word.
                              "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"

Comment

Working...
                              X