New LOL thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LOL thread.

I can share something funny that happend the other day.

I spent another 1000 Rolepoints on Increasing attribute potentials. This time I meant to spend 5 on Endurance. However since I rushed thru the process and I did not verify my actions I instead of buying the points I thought I did I bought 5 points in Empathy.

Apparantly honest misstakes like these are not easily reversed so it is doubtful I can get the Empathy points moved to Endurance.

Even more fun is the fact that several people most likely think that my character needs the Empathy points more than the Endurace.
    Last edited by enger; 03-17-2014, 01:31 PM.
    Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say,
    abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.

We have decided to leave this thread open, but we would please ask that you review the rules outlined in http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...ration?t=73031 when posting here. We're all for sharing light-hearted funny stories and experiences you have within the game, and even without, but we would ask you to adhere to these guidelines when doing so.
    Game Master Sceadu

Comment

That is actually kind of funny. Sounds like something I'd end up doing.
      "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Comment

Originally posted by enger View Post
        Even more fun is the fact that several people most likely think that my character needs the Empathy points more than the Endurace.
        Why did I just imagine him in full armor browsing the 'self-help' section of the library and picking out books like 'Caring for Beginners' and 'How to Make Friends and Influence People'?'
        Originally posted by Mast3rmind
        Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
        Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
        Ravenlark pats you.
        Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

Originally posted by Vladmir View Post
          Why did I just imagine him in full armor browsing the 'self-help' section of the library and picking out books like 'Caring for Beginners' and 'How to Make Friends and Influence People'?'
          This is what came into my mind right when you said that.

------------

How to Make Friends and Influence People

by Culexus

----------------

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
          HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post

How to Make Friends and Influence People

by Culexus

----------------
            You forgot the 'Banned in New Zealand and 16 other nations!' tagline.
            Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
            Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
            Ravenlark pats you.

Comment

the name being bigger than the title was really the big selling point.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

the name being bigger than the title was really the big selling point.
                Obviously, but a little more lead up to the presentation of the name would make it seem even larger.
                Ravenlark pats you.

Comment

sadly without a proper drum roll and trumpet fanfare it is hard to announce it right
                  Bring it on you lovers of flame it turns my crank.

Slave to RP.

We believe in euthanasia here in TEC. We'll kill you any time, just ask.-Tale

Comment

Traevent bandits don't wear pants.

Just armor, a sack, and boots.

http://tinyurl.com/malb6h5
                    No time for this - there are artifacts to find!

Comment

Same with the drunks in the alleys
                      Now you know how NPCs feel at least. They wake up one day, ready to live their lives - and then someone stabs them in the face.
                      - krisslanza

Noone cares. At all. Stop whining about it.
                      - a whiner

Comment

Originally posted by Iosaerius View Post
                        Traevent bandits don't wear pants.

Just armor, a sack, and boots.

http://tinyurl.com/malb6h5
                        While that is definitely funny,

the picture above is of a man in a tunic. And that is what 90% of romans wore.

Pants didn't exist until the dark ages.

And the drunks in the alleys wear tunics. A tunic is a full piece of clothing. It is all you have to wear.

Cato the elder was famous for wearing JUST a toga (with no tunic) and it was scandalous because his old man balls were on display at various points through the day. But the rest of society just wore a tunic, with a toga being worn over it for fancy people.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

look ped
                          Very accurate representations of all sorts of sea creatures have been painstakingly carved into the surface of the pedestal. On it, you see a brightly glowing orb.
                          say orb
                          You say, "Orb."
                          say ooorb
                          You say, "Ooorb."
                          say oooooorb
                          You say, "Oooooorb."
                          The ship continues its journey, the coastline vaguely distinguishable in the distance.
                          say oooooooooooooooooooooorb
                          You say, "Oooooooooooooooooooooorb."
                          say o
                          You say, "O."
                          say or
                          You say, "Or."
                          say orb
                          You say, "Orb."
                          say rb
                          You say, "Rb."
                          say b
                          You say, "B."
                          say O
                          You say, "O."
                          say r
                          You say, "R."
                          say b
                          You say, "B."
                          say orb
                          You say, "Orb."
                          look orb
                          As your gaze is drawn deep within the strange light emanating from within the brightly glowing orb, something in the back of your mind tingles.
                          You have just been awarded 5 role points.(She has severe problems. )

-------Being crazy does pay off. Heh.
                          TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                          Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                          Originally posted by Bucaria
                          The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

While that is definitely funny,

the picture above is of a man in a tunic. And that is what 90% of romans wore.

Pants didn't exist until the dark ages.

And the drunks in the alleys wear tunics. A tunic is a full piece of clothing. It is all you have to wear.

Cato the elder was famous for wearing JUST a toga (with no tunic) and it was scandalous because his old man balls were on display at various points through the day. But the rest of society just wore a tunic, with a toga being worn over it for fancy people.
                            I think pants did exist in this time period - it was just worn by barbarians and the like. I seem to recall Romans found the concept of pants quite barbaric, as a result. Although soldiers up on Haridan's Wall probably didn't care about barbarism when it came to staying warm...

If I remember right, I think the most popular idea of why barbarians had pants, and Romans didn't, was some barbarians were actually using horses a lot. Romans didn't really catch onto that whole horse thing for a long, long time.

Something like that.

Comment

Turns out I am wrong anyways:

From Wikipedia:

Originally posted by Prehistory

There is some evidence, from figurative art, of trousers being worn in the Upper Paleolithic. An example are the figurines found at the Siberian sites of Mal'ta and Buret'.[4]
                              Originally posted by antiquity
                              Trousers first enter recorded history in the 6th century BC, with the appearance of horse-riding Iranian peoples in Greek ethnography. At this time, not only the Persians, but also allied Eastern and Central Asian peoples such as the Bactrians, Armenians, Tigraxauda Scythians and Xiongnu Hunnu, are known to have worn them.[5][6] Trousers are believed to have been worn by both sexes among these early users.[7]

The ancient Greeks used the term "ἀναξυρίδες" (anaxyrides) for the trousers worn by Eastern nations[8] and "σαράβαρα" (sarabara) for the loose trousers worn by the Scythians.[9] However, they did not wear trousers since they thought them ridiculous,[10][11] using the word "θύλακοι" (thulakoi), pl. of "θύλακος" (thulakos), "sack", as a slang term for the loose trousers of Persians and other orientals.[12]

Republican Rome viewed the draped clothing of Greek and Minoan (Cretan) culture as an emblem of civilization and disdained trousers as the mark of barbarians.[13] As the Empire expanded beyond the Mediterranean basin, however, the greater warmth provided by trousers led to their adoption.[14] Two types of trousers eventually saw widespread use in Rome: the Feminalia, which fit snugly and usually fell to knee or mid-calf length,[15] and the Braccae, a loose-fitting trouser that was closed at the ankles.[16] Both garments were adopted originally from the Celts of Europe, although later familiarity with the Persian Near East and the Teutons increased acceptance. Feminalia and Braccae both began use as military garments, spreading to civilian dress later, and were eventually made in a variety of materials including leather, wool, cotton and silk.[17]
                              Although the soldiers on the other side of Hadrian's wall wore Feminalia. Which were more like capris than pants.

And this wasn't funny. I'll be better about it in the future.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Working...
                              X