Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

New LOL thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lime View Post
    You deleted all those comments but left the above? Lol.
    Cut me some slack. You people were posting faster than I could delete!
    Game Master Sceadu

Comment

• Originally posted by Sceadu View Post
      Cut me some slack. You people were posting faster than I could delete!
      If this forum had a like button like Facebook, this post would get it.
      Originally posted by Zenerai
      I'll be back at some point in the future.

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.

Comment

• Failed stat increases are 80% of the reason I play this game, the other 20% is auto 5's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unknown666 View Post
          Failed stat increases are 80% of the reason I play this game, the other 20% is auto 5's.
          Make a thread about stats and the courses, maybe they'll change something.
          Argued with GM Tale on forums.
          Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
          Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
          It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
          Originally posted by Tale
          My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

• <Sarian thinks aloud: So, are any of the Culexus bounties just for dismemberment?>

I lol'd.
            I have buried my heart in an egg, in a duck, in a hare, in a chest, under an oak, on an island in the middle of the sea.

Comment

• You sunshine and rainbow to RaJean, "Mudsex is the reason I won't play girls anymore...you know how scaring it is to be locked in a virtual room as a 16 year old kid and have some guy try to touch your virtual character?"
              RaJean dies to you, "Oh. Cry baby."
              You sunshine and rainbow, "Pretty sure I was text raped as a child."

Sceadu has awarded you 1 Role-Point for "taking one for the team".

Comment

• Originally posted by Herdias86 View Post
                You sunshine and rainbow to RaJean, "Mudsex is the reason I won't play girls anymore...you know how scaring it is to be locked in a virtual room as a 16 year old kid and have some guy try to touch your virtual character?"
                RaJean dies to you, "Oh. Cry baby."
                You sunshine and rainbow, "Pretty sure I was text raped as a child."

Sceadu has awarded you 1 Role-Point for "taking one for the team".
                Heh, getting rewarded for getting raped.
                Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

• Originally posted by glenh View Post
                  Heh, getting rewarded for getting raped.
                  I know right? We should ostricize him from the community for being a whore instead.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                  HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

• Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                    I know right? We should ostricize him from the community for being a whore instead.
                    You're safe, dear. Very few have been ostricized for that.

Comment

• Culexus thinks aloud: Any triple or quadruple grand masters in shield basic form want to make like a hundred talents?
                      Jeanine thinks aloud: No.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                        Culexus thinks aloud: Any triple or quadruple grand masters in shield basic form want to make like a hundred talents?
                        Jeanine thinks aloud: No.
                        I'd self train 200 levels of shields for 100 talents.
                        Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

• Originally posted by glenh View Post
                          I'd self train 200 levels of shields for 100 talents.
                          Itotally get why Tweninger laughed at that, but regarding this comment.. I'd pay 100 talents to avoid wasting that many SP.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

• Depending on the character. Culexus could probably piss 100 talents and still be capable of buying multiple retalq shields.. Others, it'd take a long long time to obtain that coin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                              Depending on the character. Culexus could probably piss 100 talents and still be capable of buying multiple retalq shields.. Others, it'd take a long long time to obtain that coin.
                              Lex is poor as shit.

But he could pay multiple retalq shields to get 100t!

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

• Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                                Lex is poor as shit.

But he could pay multiple retalq shields to get 100t!
                                You may be poor, but we all know it'd take no time at all to obtain 100 talents.

lol thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X