Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

New LOL thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I wasn't aware they took the Y/N prompt away when you use killing blow.

There's 250 RPs down the drain, ah well.

Comment

• @request a refund.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lexi View Post
        @request a refund.
        I didn't really mean to do it, but I doubt it'll get reverted.

I used to always try to KB anyone I saw unconscious just to see if they had a PK on me. I have KB macroed to 'K' anyways. So I normally just hit it when I see unconscious. I'm totally more concerned about my 250 RPs I spent, because that's the most precious currency in the game. I would rather spend a RL month in jail than lose 250 RPs over a mistake.

The dude slept out anyways, should at least get them back for that >.>

Not to mention, coma's are about worthless anymore these days anyways. There's an acolyte skill that can bring you out of it. Why do they even cost RPs?

Comment

• lol...The price you pay for forgetting to aim one of your shots on the caravan.

You have 3 days, 20 hours, 4 minutes, and 54 seconds of jailtime left. Currently serving for: Minor Assault and Heavy Larceny.

*sighs*
          Originally posted by Pkticketsarefun
          LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU GET PK'd!!!!!
          Originally posted by Max Powers
          Once again, as the ole TEC adage goes: When you cannot outsmart a person, complain louder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arconn9 View Post
            lol...The price you pay for forgetting to aim one of your shots on the caravan.

You have 3 days, 20 hours, 4 minutes, and 54 seconds of jailtime left. Currently serving for: Minor Assault and Heavy Larceny.

*sighs*
            Still livin' the thug life, I see?
            I have buried my heart in an egg, in a duck, in a hare, in a chest, under an oak, on an island in the middle of the sea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravenlark View Post
              Still livin' the thug life, I see?
              Tried being good, my guy just can't escape the past.
              Originally posted by Pkticketsarefun
              LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU GET PK'd!!!!!
              Originally posted by Max Powers
              Once again, as the ole TEC adage goes: When you cannot outsmart a person, complain louder.

Comment

• <Carnidus Harythaen thinks aloud: If any gladiator stables would like to show off their members, I am willing to allow this upon the sands. I will be by the fountain out front.>

....giggity?
                I have buried my heart in an egg, in a duck, in a hare, in a chest, under an oak, on an island in the middle of the sea.

Comment

<Carnidus Harythaen thinks aloud: If any gladiator stables would like to show off their members, I am willing to allow this upon the sands. I will be by the fountain out front.>

....giggity?
                  Took me a while to get it.

Funny
                  Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                  Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                  Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                  It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                  Originally posted by Tale
                  My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

• Threatening to murder people, swearing, and going on a tirade in thoughts over:
                    • Branches
                    • Your ex
                    • Combat prowess
                    • Person stating that wearing a party costume, while in a stola, and full armor looked stupid
                    • Whose mother was doing what to whom where

Always good for laughs and eye rolls. Last few days have been nothing but that. Toggle-think is glorious.
                    Nothing much to say.

Comment

• <Rubico thinks aloud: Come on man, clean up after yourself....>
                      <Rubico thinks aloud: Skinning humans is bad enough, having to wade through this mountain of pieces just makes it worse.>

Comment

• The other night I was working on a complicated code problem. I started to fall asleep in my chair so I put a pin in it and went to bed. When I woke up, I logged in...and my work was gone. Miffed I started rewriting all the code I had written. Eventually I checked to see if any other staff was online...and saw that no one was online. Not even players. Then I really started panicking, not knowing what was going on.

A little later, I realized my problem. In my pre-coffee haze...I had logged onto the test server by mistake.
                        Game Master Tale
                        Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

• ....is this supposed to be funny because you were writing code on the production server instead of the dev server?

I'm confused.

Comment

• Because in my coffee-deprived haze, I logged into the wrong server, ended up redoing work that was already done, and freaking out that for the first time in three years, I was the only one logged into the game, as if I were alone in the textual universe.

Imagine continuing a game you were player the night before, but everything you did yesterday didn't save. You spend an hour redoing quests etc, then wonder why you're not seeing any other players anywhere. Adter an hour, you realise you loaded the wrong saved game, which was not in multiplayer mode like you thought it was and you just redid all that work and was annoyed for nothing. :-p
                            Game Master Tale
                            Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

....is this supposed to be funny because you were writing code on the production server instead of the dev server?
                              I liked this one better.

Comment

• Macro Fail

city

Your new macro target is man|slave|glad|rat|hound

A gladiator, wielding an arena trident, walks in from the southwest corner of the arena floor.

A man in a dark red helmet with a faceplate resembling a snarling wolf nods.

[Success: 95, Roll: 9] You jab at a man in a dark red helmet with a faceplate resembling a snarling wolf with the point of your bronze-tipped spear, but miss. A man in a dark red helmet with a faceplate resembling a snarling wolf steps to the side, avoiding your attack.

A man in a dark red helmet with a faceplate resembling a snarling wolf says to you, "Don't do that again."
                                Nothing much to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X