Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

New LOL thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by roast View Post
    city

Your new macro target is man|slave|glad|rat|hound

A gladiator, wielding an arena trident, walks in from the southwest corner of the arena floor.

A man in a dark red helmet with a faceplate resembling a snarling wolf nods.

[Success: 95, Roll: 9] You jab at a man in a dark red helmet with a faceplate resembling a snarling wolf with the point of your bronze-tipped spear, but miss. A man in a dark red helmet with a faceplate resembling a snarling wolf steps to the side, avoiding your attack.

A man in a dark red helmet with a faceplate resembling a snarling wolf says to you, "Don't do that again."
    Did you do it again?

I would have.

Comment

• Someone fighting in the arena got mad that someone in the arena tried to fight him?
      Don't tread on me.

Comment

• I guess my catch all macros do have their limitations.
        Nothing much to say.

Comment

• Like eliciting OOC behavior from other players?

If someone had hit one of my characters in the arena I would have rolled with it. Much more entertaining that way.

I don't know why more people don't do this, actually.
          Don't tread on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hordini View Post
            Like eliciting OOC behavior from other players?

If someone had hit one of my characters in the arena I would have rolled with it. Much more entertaining that way.
            It was a warning. And having a 95 to hit them doesn't seem like it would have been too interesting a fight. From how I see it anyway.
            Flamboyant

Comment

• Originally posted by raven3517
              Knowing that particular character, it would have been more OOC for them to have not made that comment.

Did the make the comment to all the NPC gladiators too? Or just PCs?
              Don't tread on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hordini View Post
                Did the make the comment to all the NPC gladiators too? Or just PCs?
                Someone could technically just sit in the arena and RP as a gladiator and knock out anyone who walks in. Nothing illegal about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ssjflint View Post
                  Someone could technically just sit in the arena and RP as a gladiator and knock out anyone who walks in. Nothing illegal about it.

That's exactly my point.
                  Don't tread on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by raven3517
                    They make the comment to pretty much everyone.
                    Fair enough then.
                    Don't tread on me.

Comment

• I've had my characters take some swings on people and had my characters gotten beat there. When I had a character playing captain he laughed at anyone trying to claim a non-glad attacked them. The sands are essentially free game.

Comment

• Does this mean I can request Gladiators be able to attack each other?
                        Flamboyant

Comment

• Originally posted by Max Powers View Post
                          I've had my characters take some swings on people and had my characters gotten beat there. When I had a character playing captain he laughed at anyone trying to claim a non-glad attacked them. The sands are essentially free game.

Sounds good to me.
                          Don't tread on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Telvanni Guard View Post
                            Does this mean I can request Gladiators be able to attack each other?

Knock yourself out.
                            Don't tread on me.

Comment

• I'm not really tossed up about it. My character is untrained, learning the ropes, and the faceplated man took it fine and we RPed it a little. Even let my untrained self have the arena so skilled gladiators wouldn't beat me up. No hate. Back to LoL?

More of a timing thing with bad macros. Anyways, I need to take my signature to heart. Back to lol.
                              Nothing much to say.

Comment

• A hired guard begins to move toward a fluvitur pup.
                                A caravan drover begins to move toward a fluvitur pup.
                                A caravan drover stops next to a fluvitur pup.
                                A caravan drover yells, "Raiders! Take them down!"
                                Flamboyant

Comment

Working...
                                X