No announcement yet.

New LOL thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <You think aloud: Honestly Ioulinus, I've grown accustommed to your horrid an ill thought out insults...it was actually kinda boring without your around..albiet quieter...but boring.>
    <Prothius thinks aloud: *waits for Culexus to chime in*>

sorry, it just made me giggle
    You purr to RaJean, "Didn't you get the memo? Abnormal is the new normal."

Comment

• Walked into the Colloseum and seen Lothar fighting a gladiator. I was so tired that i walked away and then walked back to make sure i wasn't seeings things.

Welcome back! If you weren't already back...

Comment

• Viker salutes a thick engraved bronze plaque.
        Viker says, "This is a place of honor. Treat it as suck."
        Viker says, "As such..."

Comment

• The cloth guy in blackvine has had enough of all us slackers.

Adaventas eyes you suspiciously and shakes his head.
          Adaventas says, "I've had a problem with too many loiterers, so there is no window shopping. Please come back when you have coin to spend."

Comment

• Originally posted by amface View Post
            The cloth guy in blackvine has had enough of all us slackers.

Adaventas says, "I've had a problem with too many loiterers, so there is no window shopping. Please come back when you have coin to spend."
            I think they must be because of people who leave alt's in the shop to check if they want their tailor to hike up there.
            I went there once to check it out, and had two character's I had never seen or heard before wake up, and then immediately fall asleep, in the five minutes I was there.

Good job, folks! This is why we can't have nice things.
            “Dreams don't come true. Dreams die. Dreams get compromised. Dreams end up dealing meth in a booth at the back of the Olive Garden. Dreams choke to death on bay leaves. Dreams get spleen cancer.”
            ― Douglas Coupland, The Gum Thief

Comment

• Originally posted by amface View Post
              The cloth guy in blackvine has had enough of all us slackers.

This is the standard message if you have less than a talent on you. You can only check the stock if you have money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taci_Jinx View Post
                I think they must be because of people who leave alt's in the shop to check if they want their tailor to hike up there.
                I went there once to check it out, and had two character's I had never seen or heard before wake up, and then immediately fall asleep, in the five minutes I was there.

It's too bad those accounts probably don't have those slots locked..

Comment

• I've always thought the GMs made a mistake when it comes to the cloth shop. Previously, a handful of players used the shop to corner the market and make coin from the reselling to PCs. The GMs decided to make inelegant rules that will only be in effect for this shop. A better solution is to open more shops of this variety across the Republic. How much inventory can a handful of players sit on?

In short, MORE variety, MORE goods, MORE shops. FEWER rules.
                  No time for this - there are artifacts to find!

Comment

• there is more than one shop that does this, and the answer to how much goods can a few players sit on.... is all of it... all the time, by ONE guild, the vestis, thus making it impossible for anyone not in that guild to get cloth at a reasonable price, because they charge a fortune for what didn't cost them a fortune. So, I, for one, appreciate them putting in the rules for these kinds of shops, so that other people have a chance, without giving more money to one guild.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taci_Jinx View Post

Correct. Camping an alt to gather information to use with another character is against the rules, and it blatant cheating via the OOC exchange of information between characters. If the system catches you doing this in these types of situation it WILL ban you from that shop, and you will not be unbanned. New mechanics had to be added because more time was being wasted taking the time telling cheaters not to cheat and reminding them of the rules than time being used to do actual work.

Ignorance is not a tolerable excuse to waste staff time in constant reeducation When we all know perfectly well it isn't needed. You cheat, you get caught, you get punished. Deletion of characters, loss of character slots altogether, etc are not out the question if OOC character information transfer is such an issue for you that you can't stop.

I'm sorry for the few people the new mechanics inconvenience unfairly- but far more alt camper wake-up-check-stock-sleep cheaters were using the shop than actual legitimate business was happening, so the people being punished unfairly with the new mechanics are, sadly, the minority.
                      Last edited by Tale; 01-27-2015, 08:17 AM.
                      Game Master Tale
                      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

• look IN sack

You can't look IN a large sack made from thin leather.

accidental caps lock makes a difference!

Comment

• An arrow flies into the area from the northeast, whizzing past Danasei.
                          Pleione asks, "Group of them...ready?"
                          point sw
                          You point at a heavily wooded area.
                          nod
                          You nod.
                          Danasei nods.
                          tar man
                          Your new macro target is man.
                          You follow Pleione as she walks away to a heavily wooded area, to the southwest.

You arrive at a heavily wooded area. A toothless archer, a young brown-haired man, an ugly man with whiskers, an ugly man with whiskers, a filthy man with black hair, a rough-looking man, a rough-looking archer, Pleione, and Constable Danasei are here. You are facing southwest. You see a dense forest to the north; a thick forest to the northeast and to the east; a north bank of a wide river to the southeast, to the south, and to the southwest; and a hardwood forest to the west and to the northwest.
                          lunge man
                          You fumble! You drop a retalq dagger.

I was pumped and ready to go, too!

Comment

• Isgrimnur says to you, "We used to make Premium Chocolate Milk, used 2% milk but wasn't a big seller, since most chocolate milk made with 1%. BC now making chocolate milk from homo milk.."
                            A giant fist comes out of the sky, crashing down on Isgrimnur's head!
                            laugh
                            You laugh.

I understand why it happened, but the fact he wasn't intentionally swearing makes it even more hilarious.

Comment

• New Whip Skill? lol
                              Game Master Tale
                              Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tale View Post
                                and then the whip becomes ashes after one or two hits, only available on the whip that costs a thousand talents, non-repairable, and doesn't do any extra damage, except does some burning.

Comment

Working...
                                X