No announcement yet.

New LOL thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol at having think-net privileges taken away with no explanation.
    Originally posted by Felisin
    Too many carebears in this game
    This game is less about RP and more about epeen and griefing.
    On the Introduction of Magic into TEC:
    Originally posted by Sandestin
    Seriously, as much as Araminta would love to throw fireballs at Rubico, you know that's not gonna happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by underreckoned View Post
      Lol at having think-net privileges taken away with no explanation.

I could think of a few who could do with a bit of that

Comment

• Originally posted by underreckoned View Post
        Lol at having think-net privileges taken away with no explanation.
        Okay glenh ...lol.
        TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
        Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
        Originally posted by Bucaria
        The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeand View Post
          Okay glenh ...lol.
          Hey. I didn't blame Tale. (At least here. )
          Too many carebears in this game
          This game is less about RP and more about epeen and griefing.
          On the Introduction of Magic into TEC:
          Originally posted by Sandestin
          Seriously, as much as Araminta would love to throw fireballs at Rubico, you know that's not gonna happen.

Comment

• During an argument on whether or not killing a gladiator/slave was murder, someone mentioned animals not being sentient.

Today, I came across This article

Comment

• sure, and in about 2000 years, slaves will be people too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                sure, and in about 2000 years, slaves will be people too.
                Most slaves in Ancient Rome and Greece (and Sudan, etc. The classical societies) were not chattel slaves. They were people who were in bonded serfdom. They had rights and were seen as human and possessing of a soul. They just weren't afforded the same positive rights and privileges that fully vested citizens were (but neither were women, for that matter.) Even in the case of Chattel slaves, there was typically a treatment of them based upon a system built for bonded serfs and the like.

Chattel Slavery, the slavery most Americans are familiar with since it is the form we are most likely to see in pop-cinema and the majority of us have never met a real actual slave, was a rather rare thing at the period TEC claims to be a part of, and the systems in place (while it allows for them) afford far more rights than those societies that had purely chattel systems of slavery. So they were treated like people, just people who owed a debt to your family. Usually.

But don't let that get in the way of your role-played bigotry.

Speaking of bigotry. RE: New Zealand recognizing sheep as people. To be fair, most of those sheep were fathered by New Zealand citizenry, so it is only fair.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

• That's so that when they have sex with them it's not classed as bestiality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                    But don't let that get in the way of your role-played bigotry.
                    nothing to do with my rp, it's the legal status of slaves in this game, slaves aren't people, they are property, but you'd know that, if you knew half the things you say you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                      nothing to do with my rp, it's the legal status of slaves in this game, slaves aren't people, they are property, but you'd know that, if you knew half the things you say you know.
                      1) Laws can be bigoted. By appealing to the law of the land to tell a slave they are a non-human you can be a bigot. Ergo it is roleplaying to do so. Learn what roleplaying is before you take a holier-than-thou attitude toward people using the term correctly.

2.) Find the location in the twelve tables that makes that distinction bro. I'll wait.

It has been stated repeatedly that the legal system of Iridine is based (loosely) on Rome, and where it isn't clarified we should err on the side of Roman law. I was at the event in 2002 where a person was put to death for 14 counts of murdering non-citizens after it was found he was serial killing slaves. It wasn't destruction of private property. It was murder. The system of slavery practiced in Iridine is similar to that practiced in the bible, or in Ancient Rome, or in Ancient Greece. Slaves were not property. They were not capital goods. They were people with an inferior set of recognized rights and a higher level of taxes. Your attitudes on slavery as expressed through the character you're roleplaying are that of chattel slaves. Slavery like America used before the civil war. That isn't the system of slavery described in the legal system of Iridine.

When you come at people with this bluster of confidence and attempt to belittle them and hold yourself up as superior while being utterly wrong, you just come off as a tool.

P.S. There's no cheese in Baklava. Really there isn't.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

• Jeanine.

Probably not safe for work.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

• Culexus

Comment

• the legal status of a slave is property, that doesn't mean they are non-human, it means they are not legally a person. A foreigner has more legal rights than a slave, and any crimes committed against a slave or by a slave, are up to the owner to make right.
                            You can try to argue as much as you want, you said it yourself, you're making yourself a tool. This is a game, with it's own laws, not rome, and stuff that happened 13 years ago, doesn't always apply to now, not to mention, it's really up to the justice, or arresting constable if someone's going to be charged for destruction of property for killing one slave, or murder, for killing lots of slaves. and here's your example, under warrants

12. Minor Assault --- 1.6 hrs --- 150d
                            Attempt at harming an individual outside of sanctioned fighting areas. Success of the attack is irrelevant. Resulting bodily harm can count here, though beyond that point it is considered Major Assault (or worse.)
                            Violence against slaves is generally covered under damage to private or public property, depending on the ownership of the slave.

Comment

• Wow. Someone actually has documentation to back up their ranting?! That's LOL worthy right there. Especially around here.
                              This isn't a bakery. We aren't gonna sugar coat sh*t for you.

Tell a lie often enough and with enough conviction, it will become truth to all who hear, and say, it.

Comment

• An animal has no rights unless they're endangered. Right? If I were to kill a spider. I technically murdered it. I killed it. It's dead. I stomped on it with my shoe. I wanted to inflict harm, and I did, and I murdered it.

I'm fighting a gladiator in a text based game. He falls KO, and I bash his head in with my shield. I killed it. It's dead. I wanted to inflict harm, I did, and I murdered him.

I'm fighting a gladiator in a text based game. He goes below 50% fatigue and I push my spear through his heart, while he's standing up. He's dead. I killed it. I wanted to inflict harm, I did, and I murdered him.

Murder is ending the life of someone or something. Accidently killing someone, like running over a deer on the interstate, is different.

Comment

Working...
                                X