Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New LOL thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yet again it seems that any attempt at having a "LOL" thread is devolving into something not LOL-worthy.

    I'm attempting to allow this thread to continue, but as I have stated in the past, if the thread devolves into things such as player shaming, bickering, insulting, or general negativity it will be locked down for good.

    Personally, I think a place to go share genuinely amusing encounters is a good thing as long as it isn't done in a trollish manner. Let's please keep things in here civil.
    Game Master Sceadu

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sceadu View Post
      Yet again it seems that any attempt at having a "LOL" thread is devolving into something not LOL-worthy.

      I'm attempting to allow this thread to continue, but as I have stated in the past, if the thread devolves into things such as player shaming, bickering, insulting, or general negativity it will be locked down for good.

      Personally, I think a place to go share genuinely amusing encounters is a good thing as long as it isn't done in a trollish manner. Let's please keep things in here civil.
      Literally not trying to be a smart*** but which post(s) are you referring to?

      Comment


      • I'm sure whatever post it was has subsequently been removed. His point was that he had to remove it at all.
        This isn't a bakery. We aren't gonna sugar coat sh*t for you.

        Tell a lie often enough and with enough conviction, it will become truth to all who hear, and say, it.

        Comment


        • You retreat.
          [Success: 1, Roll: 20]
          You are no longer busy.
          You tip your supple leather hat with a wide gold-beaded brim, cocked at a jaunty angle.
          You are no longer using Cestus Weaving Stance.
          You walk to the west side of the arena floor, to the west.

          You arrive at the west side of the arena floor. You are facing south. You see the northwest corner of the arena floor to the north, the north side of the arena floor to the northeast, the center of the arena floor to the east, the south side of the arena floor to the southeast, the southwest corner of the arena floor to the south, and an iron gate to the circular walls of the colosseum to the west.
          [Success: 95, Roll: 4] Leaping forward suddenly, a gladiator lashes out with a kick aimed behind you, hacking at your flank with his iron gladius but striking only air. You sway to one side to avoid a gladiator's attack.

          Comment


          • You hear the muffled voices of two male wagoneers as they discuss a woman named Elowynn who is apparently, 'scary but pretty'.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jaythan View Post
              Rubico puts a sheet of vellum in a wine red and black leather satchel with bronze buckles.
              Rubico takes a piece of parchment from a wine red and black leather satchel with bronze buckles.
              Rubico briefly applies flame to a piece of parchment.
              A piece of parchment flickers and ignites, burning into nothingness.
              Rubico blows softly in Ashavie's ear.
              Vinian blinks.
              Rubico coughs.
              Culexus cackles.
              Treaa laughs.
              Culexus blows on some grayish-black ash.
              Culexus blows heavily on the powder, successfully scattering it into the air.
              Culexus shifts his eyes back and forth suspiciously.
              Rubico rubs a hand over his face.
              Rubico takes a piece of parchment from a rugged brown leather backpack with sturdy straps.
              You ask Rubico, "Long night, Captain?"
              Rubico discards a piece of parchment.
              Treaa laughs.
              Rubico says to you, "You have no idea."
              Omg. I laughed so hard when I read this. I can totally picture it, too.
              Poor Ashavie.

              Comment


              • You hear the muffled voices of two wagoneers as they discuss a man named Ciaran, who they seem to believe is 'an odd one'. You also hear one of them refer to 'the butterfly'.
                Newpatriot frowns to you, "I don't have any open slots. "
                You ooc to Newpatriot, "Ummmm..."
                You ooc to Newpatriot, "Are they all full?"
                Newpatriot asks you, "I've got a man in all 5. Why do you ask?"

                <01:28:30> "That Gay Dude": Dude, I'm not even gay.

                Originally posted by Bactrian
                Your signature has been edited to remove a quote from another player. Let's not use signatures to make other players look silly, please (even if you are just quoting their own words).

                Comment


                • Language lessons

                  The language lessons are almost as bad as the obstacle courses. My main has been working on a language since I created him. Now, admittedly I don't get to play every day, but this has been an interminably long effort. I just hit rank 18 and my success finally dropped to 93. If I add up all my "rank bonuses" i'm up over +200, clearly they are meaningless in the language skill. Or is it just that base success is closer to 300 than the 95 shown? Well, either way, my tutor is lucky to not have drown after all the spit I keep sending her way.

                  Am I missing something? I've seen plenty of folks that haven't been around long enough to be doing it this way that have learned multiple languages. What's the trick? Is it a stat thing? Any insight would help. At least it would make it less painful.

                  PM me if it's some big secret, well...if you feel like having mercy on me, that is.

                  Oh, LOL thread because I find it amusing how hard the whole system is. It took me probably a dozen tries to finally get the 'echo <tutor>' thing, and I only figured that out through the tutor (GM) whispering it to me.
                  "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

                  Grateful Dead

                  Comment


                  • I think it's stat dependent. I have a couple guys that have okay mental stats and they learn them just fine. The one that knows multiple languages doesn't learn as fast as the one that only knows one. If that makes sense. Once your success starts to drop (from 95 to 93) you should see a consistent drop from here on out, per level. Hope that helps.
                    Originally posted by Arconn9
                    First time I used Sabinus today, since my old main got Cuttongued. So was the IC event for his change; was it him getting hit in the head repeatedly by someone? Because I think he's a retard now.

                    Comment


                    • A broad-shouldered man with battle-scarred features says to you, "This phrase means "Her hips are wide and pleasing. She will bear me many children."."
                      His statements crack me up sometimes.
                      Originally posted by Arconn9
                      First time I used Sabinus today, since my old main got Cuttongued. So was the IC event for his change; was it him getting hit in the head repeatedly by someone? Because I think he's a retard now.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
                        I think it's stat dependent. I have a couple guys that have okay mental stats and they learn them just fine. The one that knows multiple languages doesn't learn as fast as the one that only knows one. If that makes sense. Once your success starts to drop (from 95 to 93) you should see a consistent drop from here on out, per level. Hope that helps.
                        Thanks! Something to look forward to. I got so desperate I learned his 'native language' to over rank 90 trying to get the overall language skill bonus up. It might help, a little.
                        "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

                        Grateful Dead

                        Comment


                        • Yeah, it goes off memory and reasoning I believe. I feel your pain...it took me 8 RL months to learn lingo with Vic. I think he FINALLY hit a drop somewhere around rank 30. It was painful lol

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DeadheadZ66 View Post
                            Thanks! Something to look forward to. I got so desperate I learned his 'native language' to over rank 90 trying to get the overall language skill bonus up. It might help, a little.
                            Did you get any benefit taking his native language over 50? I'd thought about testing that but hadn't had the time to do so, yet. Other than taking your overall languages rank up, I suppose?
                            Originally posted by Arconn9
                            First time I used Sabinus today, since my old main got Cuttongued. So was the IC event for his change; was it him getting hit in the head repeatedly by someone? Because I think he's a retard now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
                              Did you get any benefit taking his native language over 50? I'd thought about testing that but hadn't had the time to do so, yet. Other than taking your overall languages rank up, I suppose?
                              Rank in "Languages" and attendant rank bonus went up. Did it help any? I couldn't tell you. With success of 95 I'd get about 1 success out of every 20 tries. The math stayed sound, my rolls didn't seem to be affected. Who knows, though? Maybe it will get easier more quickly as a result. I'm seeing a 93 success now at rank 18 in the language I'm working on. Slightly Below Average memory and reasoning. I wish there was a way to increase those by reading or studying in the Library or something.
                              "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

                              Grateful Dead

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DeadheadZ66 View Post
                                Rank in "Languages" and attendant rank bonus went up. Did it help any? I couldn't tell you. With success of 95 I'd get about 1 success out of every 20 tries. The math stayed sound, my rolls didn't seem to be affected. Who knows, though? Maybe it will get easier more quickly as a result. I'm seeing a 93 success now at rank 18 in the language I'm working on. Slightly Below Average memory and reasoning. I wish there was a way to increase those by reading or studying in the Library or something.
                                there is a way to increase them... can't tell you for sure what it is, but I've personally gotten quite a few mental stat boosts from just playing the game, and not expecting them at all. Even got a word level on one. Also, it's not a reliable method... kinda like you "can" get strength boosts from fighting, once in a blue moon. I find being educated(trait) seems to help with learning languages as well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X