No announcement yet.

New LOL thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your language basics goes up for every 2 ranks or so of the subskills. This continues even beyond 50.

That in turn does slightly affect your starting success on the next language. My 10th language went a lot faster than my third.

The subranks as they go will start to reduce your success too. Remember though, the languages still use the old SP method. You want to roll over success by as little as possible. A 95/96 is more SP than a 5/100. Because of this you'll also see a sort of bell curve of progression. You will go slowly in the beginning, until success is somewhere around 60-70 then it will rise a bit before dropping back off under 30 or so.

My record is 3 ranks in a session at peak times and walking in with 0.99 SP in the language.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToothlessRebel View Post
      My record is 3 ranks in a session at peak times and walking in with 0.99 SP in the language.
      My record is 3 too. That was freakin lucky with rolling all low rolls over 5 success.
      Originally posted by Pkticketsarefun
      LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU GET PK'd!!!!!
      Originally posted by Max Powers
      Once again, as the ole TEC adage goes: When you cannot outsmart a person, complain louder.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadheadZ66 View Post
        Rank in "Languages" and attendant rank bonus went up. Did it help any? I couldn't tell you. With success of 95 I'd get about 1 success out of every 20 tries. The math stayed sound, my rolls didn't seem to be affected. Who knows, though? Maybe it will get easier more quickly as a result. I'm seeing a 93 success now at rank 18 in the language I'm working on. Slightly Below Average memory and reasoning. I wish there was a way to increase those by reading or studying in the Library or something.
        For some reason I still have my first increase on my record.

Languages Rank Rank Bonus Language Points
        ----------------------- ----------------------- ---------- ------------
        Languages 16 practiced 42 SPs: 0.0

Spoken Cineran 50 outstanding 121 0
        Spoken Altene 10 practiced 61 0.924997

---

Languages Rank Rank Bonus Language Points
        ----------------------- ----------------------- ---------- ------------
        Languages 16 practiced 42 SPs: 0.0

Spoken Cineran 50 outstanding 121 0
        Spoken Altene 11 practiced 63 0.0949967

That's how long it took me to show my first lowered success with below average mentals I think...

This post is a pretty good guess on the formula used if you were looking for specifics.
        Flamboyant

Comment

• [Success: 5, Roll: 83] You slide both hands together near the head of your
          Blackroot war-axe, then snap the haft towards a gladiator! Critical Hit!Poor
          hit. No additional damage. The solid blow stuns him!

hrm, can't make up it's mind on if it's a good hit or not.. okay... next rotation's sap?

[Success: 5, Roll: 99] You slide both hands together near the head of your
          Blackroot war-axe, then snap the haft towards a gladiator! Critical Hit!A
          gladiator lucks out. Feeble effort. The solid blow stuns him!

God damn it! Make up your mind TEC!

Comment

• Psilac says to Herian, "Gotta just open your throat and accept it. Takes some skill."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tolotec View Post
              Psilac says to Herian, "Gotta just open your throat and accept it. Takes some skill."
              I feel like maaaybe this was taken out of context...
              But knowing Psilac, I doubt it.

Comment

• You hear the muffled voices of two wagoneers as they discuss someone named Mr. Tyanensis, who they refer to as 'a quiet fellow'.

I giggled.

Comment

• rofl

Evarian shouts out a battlecry of "woohooo! ruooox!"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tolotec View Post
                    Evarian shouts out a battlecry of "woohooo! ruooox!"!
                    Isn't he tongueless?!

*stares*

Comment

• [Success: 1, Roll: 1] You can't quite manage to palm a gold cent.
                      You are no longer busy.
                      palm cent
                      [Success: 1, Roll: 23] You barely manage to palm a gold cent without anyone noticing.
                      You are no longer busy.
                      unpalm cent
                      You flip your wrist, and cause a gold cent to reappear in your hand.
                      palm cent
                      [Success: 1, Roll: 1] You can't quite manage to palm a gold cent.
                      You are no longer busy.
                      palm cent
                      [Success: 1, Roll: 1] You can't quite manage to palm a gold cent.

And people really don't believe me when I say I have the absolute worst rolls in the game.
                      Wombat responds from afar, "Allupindat Booty is probably less acceptable than President Clinton."
                      Tale responds from afar, "Downs Endrum? Really?"
                      Arconn9 in "Best gladiators of all time project" thread - Wehttam (for beating Rizer,Drexus and like 5 other characters with a bow in the first Gladiator fights I ever been too and when we were are all newbie characters, just for that time lol)

Comment

• You arrive at a wide cobbled road. Nyen, Aezenor, Xia, Parlin, Faewen, Kierstaad, and Kuvrois are here. You are facing west. You see a battered door to a hastily constructed shack of old timbers to the north; a wide cobbled road to the east and to the northwest; and a very wide slow-moving river to the southeast, to the south, to the southwest, and to the west.
                        A thin fierce-looking man and a man with a crooked nose follow you.
                        Faewen is twisting her silver lockpick in a coffer.
                        <Xia thinks aloud: Nerwin?>
                        You say, "Hi."
                        Kierstaad says to Aezenor, "For some reason I kept being assaulted by bandits
                        all through the night."
                        You say, "These guys are with me."
                        A thin fierce-looking man makes a quick stabbing motion at Kuvrois with his
                        spear! He suffers a faint wound to his right arm.
                        Newpatriot frowns to you, "I don't have any open slots. "
                        You ooc to Newpatriot, "Ummmm..."
                        You ooc to Newpatriot, "Are they all full?"
                        Newpatriot asks you, "I've got a man in all 5. Why do you ask?"

<01:28:30> "That Gay Dude": Dude, I'm not even gay.

Originally posted by Bactrian
                        Your signature has been edited to remove a quote from another player. Let's not use signatures to make other players look silly, please (even if you are just quoting their own words).

Comment

• magically spawning constables....FTW!!
                          TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                          Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                          Originally posted by Bucaria
                          The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdorkableDerp View Post
                            Isn't he tongueless?!

*stares*
                            Yes... now try saying woohoo rooux while biting your tongue... got it? Ok good. *pets*

Comment

• My wife: I'm don't really feel like going out today...
                              Me: Ok *goes and sits down to play my game*
                              ***2 minutes later***
                              My wife: So you're just gonna sit down and play your game?
                              Me: Well what do you want to do?
                              My wife: I dunno! I kinda wanted to get out today.
                              Me: You just said you really didn't feel like going anywhere today.
                              My wife: Well... I'm pregnant and I don't know what I want!
                              My wife: I want to <something something fill in the blank>
                              My wife: You're not even listening to me!!!
                              Me: *blinks*

Comment

• The bottom line is they just want your attention; regardless of what they think they want or they say they want. My wife refers to TEC as my mistress. Had to give up EVE long ago due to a "it's me or the game" demand. For TEC I already let her know which one I'd choose

Comment

Working...
                                X