Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

New LOL thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://i.imgur.com/MsifvHU.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Rythgen View Post
      You think your gif-fu is pretty good, eh?

I want to fight your brother.

Him. Against me.

Now.

LET'S GIF-FU!

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
      HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
        You think your gif-fu is pretty good, eh?

I want to fight your brother.

Him. Against me.

Now.

LET'S GIF-FU!
        http://i.imgur.com/c6MVukO.gif

Comment

A very blue duck waddles in through a narrow oak door.

Comment

l. o. l.

Vladmir's eyes actually don't move that much from where they've been most of the night.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
              Vladmir's eyes actually don't move that much from where they've been most of the night.
              *takes a bow*
              Originally posted by Mast3rmind
              Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
              Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
              Ravenlark pats you.
              Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

As you can see by the amount of post that has been deleted from this thread, it has gone the same route as all past LOL threads. Please keep in mind what has gotten these types of threads closed MULTIPLE times in the past when posting.
                Game Master Sceadu

Comment

<Taci thinks aloud: How can people be missing this dolphin egg? >
                  <You think aloud: ... Who has dolphin eggs?>
                  <You think aloud: I must possess them!>
                  <Lauriene thinks aloud: The gallery exhibit I mentioned the other day, Editor. Seems there's one here to view.>
                  <Taci thinks aloud: I don't know what this is called, but they have one. the guy said someone already took a bite.>
                  Zenais thinks aloud: A... what egg?>
                  <Wallace thinks aloud: Im sure Danasei would be interested in a Dolphin egg.>
                  <Xia thinks aloud: A dolphin like the things that are in the golden anchor, dolphin steaks. >
                  <Zenais thinks aloud: I cannot say I'm familiar with that.>
                  <Xia thinks aloud: I have been told very similar to tuna.>
                  <Torzak thinks aloud: Dolphin porpoise half fish half man?>
                  <Xia thinks aloud: Possible. >
                  <You think aloud: Why the hell would a fish be half man?>
                  <Torzak thinks aloud: Its got hair.>
                  <You think aloud: ... no it doesn't? though catfish do?>
                  <Torzak thinks aloud: Not sure how you'd get a dolphin egg anyway since they give live birth.>
                  <You think aloud: What the hell are you talking about?>
                  <You think aloud: They're fish.>
                  <Torzak thinks aloud: Fish with wombs genius.>
                  <You think aloud: They don't have hair, and they aren't half men. Fish have eggs. It's what makes them fish.>
                  <You think aloud: That combined with breathing water instead of air.>
                  <Torzak thinks aloud: Yeah they breathe air too.>
                  An eerie silence fills the air around you.
                  <You think aloud: ... Yeah, so you're clearly crazy and seem to believe dolphins are hairy half-human creatures with genetalia you seem fascinated with. That's not what a dolphin is. Moving right along.>
                  <Torzak thinks aloud: Brilliant. Yeah really glad I could help. Enjoy your dolphin eggs.>
                  You pass a fork in the road, heading westward.
                  <You think aloud: Will do. You enjoy your... sirens you call dolphins I guess?>
                  <Torzak thinks aloud: Culexus you should write a book. You know everything...and if you didn't know everything, CLEARLY you will fake it.>

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

it's good to be able to laugh at yourself, and show off to everyone who missed it, how uninformed you really are. Kudos to laughing at yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                      it's good to be able to laugh at yourself, and show off to everyone who missed it, how uninformed you really are. Kudos to laughing at yourself.
                      Yeah. I totes think dolphins are fish that have eggs.

And it's completely realistic that a circa 200 BC character knows the difference between sea mammals, fish, and amphibeans well enough to describe them, and has enough knowledge of dolphins to 1.) know that they are related to porpoises, and 2.) know that they have humanlike sexual organs.

Like I seriously can't tell if you're trolling? The scene was hilarious, and I felt it deep down in my feels.

Read Homer's "Hymn to Apollo" some time, bro. It's a great story, it gives a pretty clear view of what the most educated and famed poet in the world thought about Dolphins, and it also paints an interesting political story about delphys/delphis as enunciative device and the way a poet was able to be very critical of the rape of an indiginous culture by a foreign conqueror.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

Comment

"It reads like poetry written by someone over thirty."

This is the most beautiful metaphor in that whole awesome link.

Thank you.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Sounds about right.
                            A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                            A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                            A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

I've been giggling over this since last night.

Vladmir: Xianna kills an intruder by whacking him in the head with Ael's urn.
                              Xianna: Hehe
                              Vladmir: It should be a magical item. If you pick it up you should be able to perform legstrike at the rank Aelavius' had it WITH the urn
                              (Aelavius): no f*** legstrike! knockaside and upswing!
                              I cannot pretend to be impartial about the colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones, and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. (Winston Churchill)

Comment

http://forum.skotos.net/newreply.php...eply&p=1031467

The legio trolling a militia for paying mercenaries to fight the legio's battles for them since the legio is incompetent.

I love this game so much.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Working...
                                X