Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

New LOL thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
    http://forum.skotos.net/newreply.php...eply&p=1031467

The legio trolling a militia for paying mercenaries to fight the legio's battles for them since the legio is incompetent.

I love this game so much.
    IC = Seems legit as a way to help the war effort and aid the militia at the same time. Kudos for execution at least.

OOC = Everybody knows that it's just a cheap way to earn rep without the work. And your prices are kinda low but considering how many armbands it takes to get anywhere, that's understandable.

Armataan calling people out for trolling = epic lulz
    "You don't need to kill him or anything. Just give 'im something to think about on the way to surgery."

"Any day you have to take a bath and go to bed early isn't a day off in -my- book."

"We've got to contend with vortexes and light speeds! Anything could go wrong! Of course we need to wear goggles!"

- Calvin and Hobbes

Comment

Rubico puts a sheet of vellum in a wine red and black leather satchel with bronze buckles.
      Rubico takes a piece of parchment from a wine red and black leather satchel with bronze buckles.
      Rubico briefly applies flame to a piece of parchment.
      A piece of parchment flickers and ignites, burning into nothingness.
      Rubico blows softly in Ashavie's ear.
      Vinian blinks.
      Rubico coughs.
      Culexus cackles.
      Treaa laughs.
      Culexus blows on some grayish-black ash.
      Culexus blows heavily on the powder, successfully scattering it into the air.
      Culexus shifts his eyes back and forth suspiciously.
      Rubico rubs a hand over his face.
      Rubico takes a piece of parchment from a rugged brown leather backpack with sturdy straps.
      You ask Rubico, "Long night, Captain?"
      Rubico discards a piece of parchment.
      Treaa laughs.
      Rubico says to you, "You have no idea."

Comment

You fumble! You drop a boison axe.
        You are no longer assuming Parcine Raider Stance.
        get axe
        You take the corpse of a Cineran axeman.
        You chuckle.
        throw corpse at ciner
        He is too close.
        You retreat.
        You walk to a narrow alley, to the east.
        You scan to the west for targets.
        You can target Baskius, Elyria, Aurik, and a Cineran recruit to the west.
        [Success: 95, Roll: 19] You throw the corpse of a Cineran axeman at a Cineran recruit. You watch in dismay as the corpse of a Cineran axeman whizzes right past a Cineran recruit.
        Aurik chuckles at you.
        You take a boison axe.
        You wield a boison axe in your right hand.
        You say, "Wrong axe."

Comment

http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.p...27#post1031427

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
          HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

walk to bornze
            You head towards Junk Dealer.
            Slyteavisius says to Canadadry, "Did someone beat you while explaining how the Beatles were too emo for them or something?"

Rupert1 cheats, "Jeans are too loud. Nothing says stealth like light white cotton and sunflowers."

Originally Posted by urek23
            Rules only apply to specific people, something everyone that plays will learn very shortly after they start.

Comment

Densit nods to Merila.
              Merila says, "That one seems lively."
              A scruffy dog named Haldol bounces around!
              Densit says to Merila, "Aye the other one is just bored."
              Densit gestures at a dog with rough, shaggy fur named Depakote.
              Merila chuckles.
              A dog with rough, shaggy fur named Depakote licks Densit.
              Densit says to a dog with rough, shaggy fur named Depakote, "Oh..now your kissing me how lovely."
              Merila smiles.
              A dog with rough, shaggy fur named Depakote dances around Densit.
              Densit says to Merila, "I dunno what to do without them lovelies."
              Merila says to Densit, "I'm certain they make life interesting."
              Densit winks to Merila, "Tell that to the constables"
              Merila grins.
              A dog with rough, shaggy fur named Depakote licks Densit.
              Densit asks a dog with rough, shaggy fur named Depakote, "And when did you want me to get something eh?"
              The air is absolutely still. The temperature is comfortable.
              A scruffy dog named Haldol jumps about Densit playfully!
              Densit says to Merila, "I tell ya these dogs want something the last minute...I call em minute dogs."
              Meznich, wielding a nicked Iridine wall shield, carrying a boison axe, walks in from a wide cobblestone street.
              Meznich pets a scruffy dog named Haldol.
              A scruffy dog named Haldol snarls.
              A scruffy dog named Haldol glares at Meznich.
              Meznich says, "Woah."
              Merila asks Densit, "Well, how can you say "no" to those eyes?"
              Meznich inches away from the dogs.
              Meznich, carrying a boison axe, walks away to a wide cobblestone street, to the west.
              Rubico, carrying a brightly glowing red ceramic lantern, walks in from a wide cobblestone street.

.... and a few minutes later...

Densit says to Merila, "Well I need to train these pups if they ever for the war effort at Franlius."
              "But the fact is that it doesn't take long for the experience of the Numinous to unhinge the mind." - Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum

Comment

What a Game of Thrones MUD would look like- NSFW obviously.

Comment

[7:57:39 PM] Me: From an ornate softsun desk, An elderly attendant says to Karnivus, "Welcome to the library. If you want to LEARN LANGUAGES, simply ask me. I am here to serve you."
                  From an ornate softsun desk, An elderly attendant smiles.
                  From an ornate softsun desk, Karnivus says to an elderly attendant, "Gadaene pls."
                  From an ornate softsun desk, An elderly attendant nods to Karnivus.
                  [7:57:56 PM] Dew: oh kill them
                  [7:58:02 PM] Dew: kill them with fire
                  [7:58:21 PM] Me: >.> so.. you want me to burn the library down?
                  [7:58:38 PM] Dew: after they leave
                  <Pandarus thinks aloud: Oh Ereal's blazing jewels, I'm on my way.>

Comment

A gladiator jabs downwards with her hands towards your feet, but misses. You move your leg out of the way of a gladiator's attack.

I remember when thugs would feint with their hands (before unarmed had feints) and bandits would trip when they didn't have spears. I was going to say that I wanted this attack, but come to think of it, it probably wouldn't hit all that hard...unless it actually pinned me...then it would be worth learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Skipsmusic View Post
                      A gladiator jabs downwards with her hands towards your feet, but misses. You move your leg out of the way of a gladiator's attack.

I remember when thugs would feint with their hands (before unarmed had feints) and bandits would trip when they didn't have spears. I was going to say that I wanted this attack, but come to think of it, it probably wouldn't hit all that hard...unless it actually pinned me...then it would be worth learning.
                      Just looks like a bug with a gladiator using trident skills without the actual weapon in hand. I've seen them do it with Tiger Slash and Arm spin before too.

Comment

Originally posted by Skipsmusic View Post

At least she didn't jab downwards at your groin.

Comment

[Success: 84, Roll: 70] A diabolus ardentis opens its mouth wide and sends a rank substance spraying out, but fails to hit anyone. You deftly catch a diabolus ardentis's head with the blades of your boison cestus and divert the attack to the side.

I love Blade Block.
                          Flamboyant

Comment

Found a dolphin in the street. So heavy, I had to struggle to lift the thing.
                            Fed it to the dog.
                            Dog was still hungry. So I gave her some mealworms.
                            The funny part is, it was days later it even occurred to me, I could @report.
                            Why: Talius has a burr up his butt

Comment

You take a simple pine spear.
                              [Success: 5, Roll: 90] You place a simple pine spear into the fire and are
                              almost too slow in getting your hand back before it flames up.
                              You are no longer busy.
                              You take a crude pine spear.
                              [Success: 5, Roll: 9] You place a crude pine spear into the fire and are almost
                              too slow in getting your hand back before it flames up.
                              You are in the middle of something.
                              You are no longer busy.
                              [Success: 5, Roll: 66] You place a crude pine spear into the fire and are
                              You are no longer busy.
                              [Success: 5, Roll: 91] You place a simple pine spear into the fire and are
                              You are no longer busy.
                              You take a rough pine spear.
                              [Success: 5, Roll: 98] You place a rough pine spear into the fire and are
                              You are no longer busy.
                              [Success: 5, Roll: 4] You are able to add a simple pine spear to the fire, but
                              the additional fuel doesn't want to catch.
                              You are no longer busy.
                              [Success: 5, Roll: 84] You place a crude pine spear into the fire and are
                              You're cold.
                              You are no longer busy.
                              [Success: 5, Roll: 45] You place a crude pine spear into the fire and are
                              almost too slow in getting y

Comment

You're pelted with a blue muslin large sack edged with a trail of swirling shimmering ice blue snowflakes thrown by Xia! Your right thigh is covered with egg yolk!

Comment

Working...
                                X