Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

New LOL thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lokinokokek.

That is it really.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Powers View Post
      Lokinokokek.

That is it really.
      Truth.

A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
      A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
      A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Hey this sounds familiar, reported it a couple times!

<Vexos thinks aloud: Ahem, I seem to have purchased the wrong axe for me. Would anyone be interested in an excellent quality askada?>
        <Lauriene thinks aloud: You got an axe, Vexos?>
        <Vexos thinks aloud: Yeah, but it's made for a two-hander axer.>
        <Vexos thinks aloud: Out eleven talents now.>
        <Victavian thinks aloud: Eh...from the axe ship?>
        <Vexos thinks aloud: Yes.>
        <Victavian thinks aloud: Shop.>
        <Victavian thinks aloud: Ya should be able to use it one handed.>
        <Sajanus think aloud: Askadas are one handed.>
        <Vexos thinks aloud: The haft is too long.>
        <Sajanus think aloud: Sometimes its difficult to use the basic attack. Try some other moves.>
        <Vexos thinks aloud: Oh...>
        <Sajanus think aloud: Yeah..interesting huh?>

Comment

Originally posted by jkidd View Post
          Hey this sounds familiar, reported it a couple times!
          Same.

A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
          A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

This is what I feel like when I'm turning in all of my weapons to the library guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucaria View Post
              This is what I feel like when I'm turning in all of my weapons to the library guard.
              I swear I thought you were going to link to this scene.
              Game Master Tale
              Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tale View Post
                That could work.

Comment

Look west - you see a brute and a glowing torch
                  Scan west - you cannot find a target to the west

Hmmmm
                  Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                  Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                  Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                  It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                  Originally posted by Tale
                  My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Originally posted by Tale View Post
                    Can you remind me why turning in your weapons at the library should even be necessary again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonus View Post
                      Can you remind me why turning in your weapons at the library should even be necessary again?
                      So that pankratiasts can think they're special, but then get instantly thrown out by the other protection mechanics when they attempt to attack somebody.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                      HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

• Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                        So that pankratiasts can think they're special, but then get instantly thrown out by the other protection mechanics when they attempt to attack somebody.
                        LOL Well if that's in place, why not just let everyone inside with weapons and the same mechanics will throw them out as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonus View Post
                          LOL Well if that's in place, why not just let everyone inside with weapons and the same mechanics will throw them out as well?
                          Because then pankrationists won't feel special.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToothlessRebel View Post
                            Because then pankrationists won't feel special.
                            Like derrrr
                            Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

• Originally posted by glenh View Post
                              Like derrrr
                              If they don't want them to feel derrrrrrrrr they should remove the skill.
                              <Pandarus thinks aloud: Oh Ereal's blazing jewels, I'm on my way.>

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucentius View Post
                                If they don't want them to feel derrrrrrrrr they should remove the skill.
                                I'm with you. Remove all combat skills from game!
                                Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Working...
                                X