Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

New LOL thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by glenh View Post
    I'm with you. Remove all combat skills from game!
    I don't know if this would make locksmithing more or less boring.
    <Pandarus thinks aloud: Oh Ereal's blazing jewels, I'm on my way.>

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucentius View Post
      I don't know if this would make locksmithing more or less boring.
      Change all non-coms to have an effect in combat so you could still get your loot/chests.

Unlock thug face

You jam your lock pick into a thugs face, twisting it harshly!
      Argued with GM Tale on forums.
      Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
      Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
      It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
      Originally posted by Tale
      My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37gLedwJkmc&sns=em

Comment

• <*** thinks aloud: Would there be a Locksmith available ?>
          <*** thinks aloud: Anyone in need of a locksmith?>
          <*** thinks aloud: I am.>
          <*** thinks aloud: I am at the hospice.>
          <*** thinks aloud: Ok. Ill be there shortly.>

I know not technically against the rules. Still cracks me up.

Comment

• [Success: 95, Roll: 98] You thrust your rough pine spear through a honeybee's
            heart.

Comment

• Languages Rank Rank Bonus Language Points
              ----------------------- ----------------------- ---------- ------------
              Spoken Blackroot 43 capable 169 1.0

Well, shoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max Powers View Post
                Lokinokokek.

That is it really.
                I raise you

Drodrodroi
                Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

• ================================================== =============================
                  Also, speaking of getting drunk - booze at The Stone Toga are on sale for teh
                  rest of the day. Get krunk, Iridinian-style!
                  ================================================== =============================
                  <Torzak thinks aloud: Anyone know what dialect the word 'krunk' is from?>
                  <Natara thinks aloud: Old Altene?>
                  <Torzak thinks aloud: Ahh.>
                  <Advara thinks aloud: Must be Cineran slang.>
                  <Torzak thinks aloud: Sounds like a better possibility.>
                  <Turno thinks aloud: Sounds like you just made that up out of nowhere.>

----------

Hey retards? GM Heralds are not IC. They're OOC statements. The only person you make look like a douche when you bring OOC into the game is you.

Of course... Haha, there's been metric tons of that lately so I guess I am not surprised.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                  HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

• Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                    ================================================== =============================

----------

Hey retards? GM Heralds are not IC. They're OOC statements. The only person you make look like a douche when you bring OOC into the game is you.

Of course... Haha, there's been metric tons of that lately so I guess I am not surprised.
                    Reminds me of when Culexus had a rant in thoughts about his gladius quillon after changes.
                    Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

• It's also a game and the GM's were trying to be funny. Lighten up a little bit and enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Armataan View Post

----------

I knew that was coming as soon as I saw the GM message...this is why we can't have super fun no save days :'(

Comment

• Was listening to this the whole time I was helping constantine get everyone wasted in The Stone Toga.

There was talk of a heram getting started for Constantine. I imagined Constantine dancing every time the "He's Mr. Steal 'Yo Giiiiirl" line dropped.
                          Game Master Tale
                          Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                            It's also a game and the GM's were trying to be funny. Lighten up a little bit and enjoy it.
                            This x1000.
                            Originally posted by Mast3rmind
                            Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
                            Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
                            Ravenlark pats you.
                            Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

• Sleep induced weight gain?

Character slept with 48lbs. Woke up with 148lbs. No idea why.
                              A man in a bright orange mask in the shape of a sunburst gently strikes a small brass gong with a leather-wrapped rod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjames View Post
                                Character slept with 48lbs. Woke up with 148lbs. No idea why.
                                High carb diet?
                                "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X