Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

New LOL thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually found out that a 'white cloth pouch' weighs mysteriously 140lbs now.
    A man in a bright orange mask in the shape of a sunburst gently strikes a small brass gong with a leather-wrapped rod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tale View Post
      Was listening to this the whole time I was helping constantine get everyone wasted in The Stone Toga.

There was talk of a heram getting started for Constantine. I imagined Constantine dancing every time the "He's Mr. Steal 'Yo Giiiiirl" line dropped.
      LMAO one of my characters actually said "Mr. steal yo girl" IG yesterday too.

Comment

• You communicate to the administrative staff, "! Are you kidding me?"
        You suffer a puncture to your right arm. A man with a crooked nose grips his spear tightly and thrusts forward, impaling you and driving you to the ground!
        You suffer a faint wound to your face. A rough-looking man grips his spear tightly and thrusts forward, impaling you and driving you to the ground!
        You suffer a faint wound to your left hand. A young brown-haired man grips his spear tightly and thrusts forward, impaling you and driving you to the ground!
        You slip into unconsciousness.
        Busillis responds from afar, "What's the problem?"
        You communicate to the administrative staff, "I was just impaled 30 times in a row from full health/fatigue to coma level?"
        Busillis responds from afar, "I'd say it's due to there being an abnormal number of bandits."

(Scroll up to do a full count.)

You communicate to the administrative staff, "I'm sorry...I was mistaken...53 times in a row."

Comment

• Rolling dodge ftw
          A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
          A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
          A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

• A filth-covered at wanders in.

A filth-covered rat walks away to the north.
            <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
            Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

• A large brown rat yells at a figure running down the street, "Come back here!"
              <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
              Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

• You slip into a coma

%%%%% points at you
                %%%%% points at you
                %%%%% points at you
                %%%%% points at you

^^^Carries on drinking ale and talking
                carries on drink ale and talking whilst %%% carries on pointing at you

You arrive at the coma ward

^^%%% are here talking to you lol
                Themis attempts to strike with her fine pine quarterstave but strikes a nearby wall instead!
                You exclaim to Themis, "Wall banger!"

Lang may yer lum reek!
                We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns!

Comment

• People always know when I'm the GM behind whatever GM-ness is going on. Because I can't spell worth a damn. And I get in a hurry and words like "the" become "teh", etc.
                  Game Master Tale
                  Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

• Just invent a snappy accent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tale View Post
                      People always know when I'm the GM behind whatever GM-ness is going on. Because I can't spell worth a damn. And I get in a hurry and words like "the" become "teh", etc.
                      I didn't realize I had terrible spelling til I stopped talking with an accent and apostrophes with Xilorus.

P.S. He's still missing. Carry on.

Comment

• People always figure out my characters too. Its hard for my personality not to bleed into them sometimes.

Comment

• <***** thinks aloud: Help.>

Ironic for someone who has Iason's "Help!" in their sig, though.

Comment

• You kiss *****'s forehead.
                            A vigile growls to you, "You are under arrest for impropriety."

WUT???

Comment

• Originally posted by Zenerai View Post
                              You kiss *****'s forehead.
                              A vigile growls to you, "You are under arrest for impropriety."

WUT???
                              I didn't know they did that for forehead kisses.

Figured it was just for regular kisses. It wasn't even tongue. Oh wait...

Comment

• You deleted all those comments but left the above? Lol.
                                Originally posted by Zenerai
                                I'll be back at some point in the future.

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X