Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Tornado Alley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado Alley

http://www.buzzfeed.com/candacelowry...j5#.cc1ErD0z95

I was eating dinner and heard the sirens going off. I was confused because it was sunny out, but I still opened the door to double check, and sure enough.. Tornado sirens were going off. Casually went in to my room and took my cat downstairs, then I walked out front and saw my neighbors staring at the sky. I looked in the direction they were staring and saw the Tornado. We talked for a few minutes about how cool it looked, and then decided to walk down the block to get a closer view.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=1&permPage=1

We ended up finding out that it was a good 6-7 miles away from us, but it looked a lot closer. There was no wind at all where we were.

Funny thing was, there were so many people just walking or driving towards the Tornado, but the one person I heard who freaked out was a co-worker from California who just moved to the area. He took a quick selfie with it and went straight to the basement.

Would you rather be in a tornado or an earthquake?

Holy balls, that is terrifying.

Can I choose neither? D:

Comment

Depends. Mild earthquakes are no big deal. I've slept through a few. If we're talking like a 7.0-8.0+ Earthquake or an F4-F5 tornado, then I'd probably go with tornado. At least I'd be able to scratch "Fly like superman" off my bucket list. A few seconds before I kick said bucket, at any rate. And at least Tornados are pretty to look at before they go all Godzilla on whatever they're heading towards.
      Game Master Tale
      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

When I was a kid, in the early days of July, a tornado came through my grandfather's farm. It knocked over a 75 foot tree near the small pond. Then bounced to take out a couple 100 foot evergreens at the front of the property.

Been in a couple of earthquakes, some so small I didn't realize it or feel it. However, I was in South Korea when the apartment building began to shake a bit. My legs wobbled. I sat on the bed and heard the whole building groan and ache for a few moments. Nothing serious happened.

Rather be in a tornado.
        A man in a bright orange mask in the shape of a sunburst gently strikes a small brass gong with a leather-wrapped rod.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information