Request for the wiki - Times and dates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for the wiki - Times and dates

I wasn't sure where to put this other than game world, but I would very much appreciate it if someone could explain time and dates on the wiki.
    This sort of thing is obviously important to anyone in the world, but a bit mysterious to newer players.

I was thinking about what "a candlemark" means (for which I've had three different explanations, two of which came from Aux), and perhaps a calendar with the months and festivals.

Any other suggestions, or anyone who has this information readily available for the wiki?

Candlemark mean an hout real time. (half candlemark=30 mins, quarter=15 mins, etc). It's an easy way to reference RL time via IG terms

As for game time, time passes at 4x the speed of normal time. So one RL hour is 4 in game hours.

A day in Iridine is 24 hours, a week is 8 days, a month is 4 weeks.

Based on the above, you can surmise the following:
    1 IG day = 6 RL hours
    1 IG week = 2 RL days
    1 IG month = 8 RL days

Type help calendar in game to see the list of months and festivals and how all that works to make a year.

Comment

people use candlemarks, because the normal candle, lasts one real life hour, bigger candles last longer, and different materials last different times... but that's why it started.

Comment

Can someone please, please post a list of the calendar months, or direct me to where it is posted? I can't seem to figure it out / find it.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by AstyrZeno View Post
          Can someone please, please post a list of the calendar months, or direct me to where it is posted? I can't seem to figure it out / find it.

Thanks!
          Is this what you are after?

http://eternal-city.wikidot.com/time-and-dates
          Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

Reminder:

?calendar will show you the IC calendar, though the info on the current date is always wrong on it.
            GM Scolve

Comment

Then fix it, Scolve.

Comment

Working...
              X