PC bandits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC bandits

Quick question regarding bored players having their toons wear hoods and plate and going after the playerbase. Are these folks open season to kill? They've obviously got no regard for the law anymore and are true bandits, so they should be treated as such in my opinion.
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
    Steven Hawkings

So long as that goes both ways, why not?
    Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

no, because open season is only on people who have been legally charged, and statements made regarding their status.
      If a justice declares a person an enemy of the republic, they are open season, otherwise leave it to the constables or legion. The npc bandits have been declared enemy of the republic, and are open season, a pc needs to be charged with that first. And then have it confirmed by a justice.

Comment

Sounds like you just want a free PK.
        Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

Nah Felisin, was just curious really. Kinda tired of bored people deciding to go bandit is all really. Playerbase small as it is, more bandits ingame just going to lead to more people leaving.
          I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
          Steven Hawkings

Comment

I can understand the attraction to being a bandit because the game is boring.

If I went bandit and my character was killed there is zero temptation to come back, could just delete my character but being a bandit could be more enjoyable.

Comment

Danger is what makes me play this game. Wouldnt more people leave if it was boring?

Same old thing that comes up every year. We need more content ingame that keeps people occupied. GMs need to incorporate a questing system into the game so it gives us something to do.

Comment

It also brings up the discussion in my mind of how old is too old for a character and would the game benefit from character turnover?

What this wont fix is people reforming clique groups in game because they are Skype buddies. We went from the ***ara family dynasty to the ****la... which character will it be next?

Comment

People get bored go bandit, there isn't alot of IG stuff going on at all, I've got to the point I log in clean the woods and road, log out. I tried starting up stuff, I do an TM event every couple weeks but the game is more silent than anything.
                  "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

The Storyguide idea on paper I think would have worked, however as we have seen in the past promoting from the player base is a problem and there really isn't a large pool of volunteer applicants jumping up and down to apply.

While stuff does happen, from time to time it never concludes or climaxes. So when there are coins along the road you come to expect the same ole same ole and just don't bother.

Comment

I never understood leaving the game because of bandits, I have had several criminal characters and it was always because they reached a point it was logical not because of boredom. They were however much funner to play than waking up, training, sleeping characters.

Comment

I've played Kjel the same since 1999. He likes to just annoy people and mess with people. Some folks won't even RP when I slice their waterskin and hand it back and say "Looks like you dropped this." I used to just giveaway valuable stuff for folks showing up to interact with me. It's funny that it's so hard to get that experience anymore. Guess I'll just have to slice more waterskins...
                        <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
                        Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

There is really a small player base. Lots of reasons for that. To me, the issue is the lack of Story guides and involvement in something bigger than draws the player base together. Sorry, I am not into story lines that are only to make your character richer and make my character poorer, or help you gain more points at the end of the month...

In the few months, several attempts at good story lines have appeared.

Like the strange orbs in the city. Could be a great story line with several groups investigating heresy and enemies of the Republic together....nothing happens. Storyarc dies.

There is a brigand group with a deadly strange skin disease looking for a cure. They found a temporary cure to relieve the pain....no more appearance of those brigands. StoryArc dies.

Monster escapes the Rock Valley Resting place. One can hear the howls in the afternoon or evening. No follow up to add interest to investigate. Dead content.

There was a plan to build a small shrine at the ruins of the Grand old Treehouse next to Blackvine Road. Nurturing Light Priest comes. Talks to BVM and interested people. Disappears. ...Story Arc as apparently died as well. No one cares.

There are other story lines but they appear to be similar.

Also, Gms and SGs have openly told players that they have no f.... idea how to RP a Senator, Priest or an special character that would carry a story line or plot. Are they just bug finders and coders learning the game so that they can go out and make better ones? Apparently so?

Sad to see such a great game with so much potential just dry up and die like this.....
                          Back to Expat Living...but not to a war zone area

_//*ll^ll*\\_

Sceadu responds from afar, "I'm going to test something on you if you don't mind. "
                          Sceadu responds from afar, "What just happened? Anything?"

Comment

I've been a storyguide. My experience is that the GM in charge is unable to let other GMs run their own thing, even if it is a good idea. He's also unable/unwilling, has no time to train or teach SG's and other GMs how to be characters, how to play different characters, roleplaying different roles, etc. He expects them to know but then when they try to do it, he steps in because he's afraid of losing control.
                            Originally posted by Zenerai
                            I'll be back at some point in the future.

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.

Comment

I played a long term bandit. All bandits get caught and executed eventually but in the meantime you are creating your own destiny and role playing an actual bandit with whatever back story you want. Conflicting bandit clans is always an interesting twist to it all...you have to be on your toes every second...no scripting no dozing...gives the Legion, constables, and mercs something real to do as well....loot used to be more lucrative but...fencing always is a good sideline

Comment

Working...
                              X