Announcement

Collapse

Downtime Report: Wednesday Night

We had an abrupt and unannounced downtime for all games and services starting sometime after 9pm PT on Wednesday evening. This was due to a massive power outage at our cloud computing facility of the sort that redundant systems are supposed to ensure never happen. After about an hour they were able to diagnose that the power was out. It took a few more hours for them to start restoring service.

At this moment, everything is back up except for Ironclaw and TEC. At the rate they're restoring things, I hope those will be back up in the next 15-30 minutes, but it's entirely in their hands.

As is typically the case with a sudden reboot, TEC and GR have to be rolled back. This is already done with GR. The TEC rollback should be just a few hours due to the more recent backups recently instituted, but I need to get the machine back before I can verify that.

Update: Ironclaw and TEC are now back too. The TEC rollback was 2.5 hours, from 9.30pm PT (when everything crashed) to 7.00 pm PT.
See more
See less

Other Versions of the Reaping for the Future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Versions of the Reaping for the Future

I'm not a fan of the Reaping as it is on the island, but wish everyone well and hope it's fun and a success for you folks involved (and the GMs working hard behind the scenes). That being said, instead of the same Island Bash every year, would it be possible to consider a different form of "culling" with the same end goal? For example, a massive battle against the Cinerans, a large set of gladitorial games, a world event that could very well spell the end of your character?

That's all. Thanks!
    Nothing much to say.

I like this suggestion. It would be hard to swallow the notion that the Republic supports a mass murder every x years - rather dystopian. Switching up the IG reasoning now and then would keep it fresh, people’s experiences and deaths unique, etc. A massive battle sounds absolutely glorious.

Comment

I thought about this all day. At first I liked the idea but then I started to think about the intended results.

So this year perhaps a handful of folks are going into the event. Only 1 person gets to leave and the way things are worded - the stuff on the island may be incredible. Did some of the super crazy ranked people take the bait? I highly doubt it, but what if in the end the winner comes out with some really cool items along with the other rewards? It may bring more people to enter into the event in the following years.

It is a very interesting social experiment. The best part is that since only 1 can win I'm pretty sure that takes care of the OOC cliques that used to be a problem (not sure if this is still an issue). Imagine being in the Culling that only has a few new-ish characters signed up? Or the year that some super 100k SP character falls off the side of a cliff and dies unexpectedly. The one where a vial labeled Antidote is actually a poison?

The ideas are endless and I'm optimistic about the outcome. I guess we will see!
      Originally posted by Dyro
      Good RP is consistency.
      Originally posted by Cloudy
      Shiloboy wins.
      Fatality.
      Keep up the good work.

Comment

Well, actually a bunch of crazy ranked people took the bait.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
          Well, actually a bunch of crazy ranked people took the bait.
          Which is pretty cool. I wish them all the best of luck.

I was joking with a friend I wish there was a spectator mode. Imagine the first esports potential for TEC :P

"He comes out of hiding! Oh no! The sweep hits and he is down. Will he hit with the triple? BUT WAIT HERE COMES SOMEONE FROM THE WOOOOODS!"
          Originally posted by Dyro
          Good RP is consistency.
          Originally posted by Cloudy
          Shiloboy wins.
          Fatality.
          Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloboy View Post
            I was joking with a friend I wish there was a spectator mode. Imagine the first esports potential for TEC :P

"He comes out of hiding! Oh no! The sweep hits and he is down. Will he hit with the triple? BUT WAIT HERE COMES SOMEONE FROM THE WOOOOODS!"
            We need a Mexican soccer announcer guy who speed-reads to do a live-stream after we plop them in front of a monitor. *eyeshift*
            Game Master Tale
            Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tale View Post

We need a Mexican soccer announcer guy who speed-reads to do a live-stream after we plop them in front of a monitor. *eyeshift*
              It's Rubico with the mace...he's raising it! RAISING IT! KILLING BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! BLOOOOOOOOOOOW! RUBICO WITH THE KI KI KI KI KILLING BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
              Nothing much to say.

Comment

And it's Rubico raising his mace, raising...KILLING BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! KI KI KI KILLING BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
                Nothing much to say.

Comment

Goaaaaaaaalllllll!

Comment

I figure a lot of the characters in this culling are people reviving a throw away character they made a the beginning of time (skotos) just for the vet lvl 10.
                    Either the same with happen each year until everyone runs out of characters or the event gets smaller.
                    Mexican soccer announcer is a must though... for everything tec.

"And Eva looks at his trap and it's, and IT'S... IT'S RUINED!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lusama View Post
                      "Vlad's napping by the stream...looks peaceful...wait! His fishing pole is moving a little! Does he see it? Does he see? YES! He's awake! He's got it! He's hooked a big one, he's fighting! BUT NO! The bait is gone! THE BAIT IS GOOOOOONE!"

Originally posted by Mast3rmind
                      Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
                      Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
                      Ravenlark pats you.
                      Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

Im putting a toon with 3 inhumans stats and 4k combat ranks into the culling.

I kind of hate the idea of people throwing 6-10 year old throw aways in.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMAGE View Post

I thought this event was for that? I played the character 10 mins 8 years ago....now I got a tier 10!! woot woot!
                          TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                          Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                          Originally posted by Bucaria
                          The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Originally posted by Lusama View Post
                            "Vlad's napping by the stream...looks peaceful...no, no, his fishing pole is moving! Will he notice? Will he...yes! He's awake! He's hooked it! He's hooked it! He's fighting it! Must be a monst...NO! The bait is gone! THE BAIT IS GONNNNE!"

Originally posted by Mast3rmind
                            Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
                            Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
                            Ravenlark pats you.
                            Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMAGE View Post
                              Im putting a toon with 3 inhumans stats and 4k combat ranks into the culling.

Yeah... I don't exactly care if I die, because my character was becoming a bore to play anyways. I honestly came back to delete and I found out about the event. I'm not exactly playing to lose either, if you know what I mean. I think either way would present some excellent future RP opportunities regardless of the outcome... if I even decide to stick around after the event. It'll just be nice knowing I have a VC waiting if the itch ever strikes again.

I'm going to be annoyed if I'm seeing people laying on the ground waiting to die, and I debate even wasting my fatigue on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X