new characters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new characters

Since with the Culling there are so many new characters I thought it would be a good time to start a group for newbie fights, and maybe helping each other train and improve too. Would anyone be interested in a group that hosts fights once a week or so? There wouldn't be anyway to tell if someone is lying about not having a ton of ranks but there wouldn't be much benefit to it..would be fun to have some competitive fights while I train my vet and try a new weapon.

you know these new characters are hardly... newbie right?
    Besides, that's what the gladiator stables are supposed to be doing.

Comment

Can you not post unless you have something constructive to say?

Comment

Personally I'm hoping I pick up some VC for the TM, so welcome back
        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
          you know these new characters are hardly... newbie right?
          Besides, that's what the gladiator stables are supposed to be doing.
          Yes, but it's not often you'll see 30+ people playing characters with just several hundred ranks.

Comment

Honestly Tyril, with Kered back you'd want to join the TM.

Once that is moving along more GM interaction (and more spontenous fun) will occur.

That's my two cents at moment.

Comment

I really do appericate that, I try to make the TM fun and enjoyable while filling a function in the world

Comment

I have a character planning on joining the TM once he feels ready, I am not trying to start an org just get fights organized a regular basis..I do hope the influx of new storylines being added to the game help the orgs. I also thought it could be a good breeding ground for the stables, where they could come watch the fights and recruit from them.

Comment

Speaking of 'new groups' of people...I'm surprised more people haven't decided to do the whole 'I live, work, hunt, sleep, etc, in this place' wish as big as the gameworld is. Rock Valley, Blackvine, Vet, and even Monlon can support specific character builds independently of the 'main city', and we've a giant glut of open inn-rooms. Maybe it would be easier to try if there were a few people who decided to make characters like that for one area. Though, my money is on Rock Valley. Between the town and the Nehal village, and all the various hunting areas, that place could support a fairly large group of people. Just to give people who haven't been there in a while an idea of what's available in RV:
                  • Various Mid-To-High Level Trainers
                  • Highest Level IG Trainer (Nehal)
                  • Flop House(s)
                  • Inn Rooms
                  • Beginner-level hunting area.
                  • Mid-level hunting areas.
                  • High-level hunting areas.
                  • Bronze Buyer
                  • Iron Buyer (Nehal)
                  • Locksmith Shop
                  • Stone Buyer
                  • Skinned Parts Buyer
                  • Leather Buyer
                  • Fish/Corpse Buyer (Nehal)
                  • Bank
                  • Multitude of Wilderness & Woodsie Resources
                  • Plentiful Easy Fishing Spots
                  • All Resource Type Regions Except Swampland
                  • Tailoring & Locksmithing NPC Jobs (RV Healer jobs still on my to-do list)
                  • Baths (RV) & Steam Room (Nehal)
                  • Various Provisioners
                  • Various Drinking Establishments
                  • Various Eateries
                  • Shield Repairman
                  • And More

Game Master Tale
                  Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Can I request up front now, a leather buyer(seller of leather where you can customizer colors like steps)+ stone buyer(Mondan v2) in Vet, and maybe a fish buyer(all fish prices vary by size)? It really has everything else, its got an active locksmith person no idea if he gives jobs and fiona, maybe a small newbie safe area sewers (poops got ot go someplace)

Comment

There is really no IG reason for the small tanning village of Vet to have a jewelry shop. Fish buyer may be doable, though Vet is closest to Seld, so justifiably, they'd pay less than the fish mongers in the city proper. The locksmith doesn't give jobs, since it's a tannery town and filled with mostly provisioners and travelers spending a day or two before continuing their journey. The vet healer area does give jobs, however. Sewers for a tiny town like that would be a massive undertaking for little benefit. Though, there are areas that spawn fluvitar pups right outside the village, if I'm not mistaken. Can't get much more 'noob' friendly than that.

I used RV as my main example, since it is the largest and most 'fleshed-out' area to meet the greatest variety of needs and character builds. The other areas are possible to live in, but only for a handful of character build types and play-styles.
                      Game Master Tale
                      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tale View Post
                        There is really no IG reason for the small tanning village of Vet to have a jewelry shop.
                        How about just a leather buyer in Vet?

Comment

I totally understand about the stone buyer type, i always pictured vet as an inbetween town, with a small area of trade due to people coming in going, a fisher buyer even at less than city proper, and a leather store (since its a tanning town) that sold greaves etc that you could get specific colors would be kinda amazing, my brain says north west of the town used to be a mini area with vineyards that was used once for an event hasnt been touched since could throw some sort of small animal that now have taken over the area just a spawn rate addition and boom done no extra work added, since there is already a tanner there to buy stuff, just throwing out idea's you can say no Doot you are stupid, and ill nod and agree

Comment

Where is the beginner level hunting ground in Rock Valley?

Comment

the reason rock valley isn't more utilized is because it's 100% at your own risk. The legion doesn't care what happens there, and the rock valley watch doesn't actually exist. So you go there at your own risk. Oh, and not only that, but that's where all the criminals get banished, so, why would people want to do that?

Other places aren't inhabited because there's not enough people to go anywhere, long term. People generally play multiplayer games, to play with people, not to be by themselves, even if that's only one other person. Monlon used to be a thriving community, as did blackvine, then the average player base went down to what? 30? not really that many people. The world's too big for how many people are in it. I'm not asking for shrinkage.

Comment

Working...
                              X