The Rumors are true!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rumors are true!

In regards to the current rumors in RV: I decided to allow limited access to certain new content as final polish and last-minute bug fixes are performed on certain mechanics and kinks are shaken out. I have a 'full content' beta shakedown scheduled next week with a group of willing vic...er...testers to put the more esoteric new mechanics through their paces, and should be able to finish polishing and debugging anything shortly thereafter.

What this means for you, as players, is that right now if you find your way into some of this new content though IG means, please @report any wonkiness you encounter immediately, and keep in mind that more content will become available after the 'official release' which will be done with a proper Event.

This 'limited soft release' is necessary because after banging out all the code for this over more than a six month period as a pet project, I need some fresh eyes on it (especially from a player's standpoint) before I deem it polished enough for full release. Also, I would rather have at least a few people figure things out on their own by following clues so they can disseminate the information IG organically.
    Game Master Tale
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Also, fair notices:
    • The new game content is limited by group size after the 'entry level'. The more people, the more content. So....bring a friend or three unless you just want to dip your toe in.
    • There is no combat rank requirement to participate in any of this new content, so you do so at your own risk.
    Game Master Tale
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Access was closed for a few hours today while bugfixes and general maintenance was performed. The limited 'soft release' access is now open once more.
      Game Master Tale

Comment

I'd like to thank all the people who have sent in bug reports regarding this content. You guys have been great at helping to add what is fast becoming the final layer of spit and polish.
        Game Master Tale

Comment

This place is so cool. It requires grouping. This is so important in a game where such a huge chunk of characters spend their time solo.

There are little nifty puzzles, mysteries for people to figure out.

The rewards are unique, never before seen in descriptions and benefits. So much attention to detail.

And, last but not least, it's dangerous. Even after the puzzles are figured out, folks will need to spend some time coordinating, ensuring the group is working together smoothly, to defeat certain challenges.

Thank you Tale (and Scolve and Siddhe and unknown others) for building this unique new place, ground up.

Comment

Originally posted by Elowynn View Post
            This place is so cool. It requires grouping. This is so important in a game where such a huge chunk of characters spend their time solo.

There are little nifty puzzles, mysteries for people to figure out.

The rewards are unique, never before seen in descriptions and benefits. So much attention to detail.

And, last but not least, it's dangerous. Even after the puzzles are figured out, folks will need to spend some time coordinating, ensuring the group is working together smoothly, to defeat certain challenges.

Thank you Tale (and Scolve and Siddhe and unknown others) for building this unique new place, ground up.
            What would you recommend rank wise before someone checks this out?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryzen View Post

What would you recommend rank wise before someone checks this out?
              Friends

It REQUIRES grouping, as Tale mentioned. The "entry level" he mentions isn't very rough for what I consider a somewhat veteran player with low-end combat experience.

I'm not as well versed as some in deciding how many ranks you might need. Having seen some of it I can say take note of who said "it's dangerous" or "at your own risk". I mean this as both the character posting in this thread and Tale's murderous reputation.

I'm hoping not to give too much away and will say that there have been groups of players that have been refreshingly open about introducing this content to others. It's interesting, meet up with someone that might have some experience with it and talk it out is my best advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ToothlessRebel View Post

Friends

It REQUIRES grouping, as Tale mentioned. The "entry level" he mentions isn't very rough for what I consider a somewhat veteran player with low-end combat experience.

I'm not as well versed as some in deciding how many ranks you might need. Having seen some of it I can say take note of who said "it's dangerous" or "at your own risk". I mean this as both the character posting in this thread and Tale's murderous reputation.

I'm hoping not to give too much away and will say that there have been groups of players that have been refreshingly open about introducing this content to others. It's interesting, meet up with someone that might have some experience with it and talk it out is my best advice.
                Thanks.

My character isn't even six weeks old yet, I don't think. I just didn't want to end up biting off more than I could chew and end up in a coma, or something.

Comment

My new VC with 50/10 staves and max dex had 95's with a few moves and 30-70 in berserk with some others. Definately not ludus level friendly unless you've got a dedicated sweeper I think.

Comment

The area is fantastic, and the way that loot happens is even better.

As far as difficulty, the further you get in the puzzles the more difficult the challenge becomes. The first floor is fairly accessible, and with a friend or two, the second floor is doable for a relatively new group. After that things get dicey even for the better combat characters, but luckily, the areas are very sealed from each other, so there is no danger of accidentally running into something deadly. You have to be pretty dedicated to get there.

Comment

Working...
                    X