New Hunting Area (*cough*'Raid Dungeon'*cough*) Release Notes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hunting Area (*cough*'Raid Dungeon'*cough*) Release Notes

• The initial area is geared towards solo combat people who have already ranked out of the Ludus Valerius, or small parties of people who don't necessarily meet that range, but make up for it with numbers and/or tactics.
    • Further general areas progress in difficulty similar to the Franlius Tier progression.
    • There is no rank requirement for entry to any area, so you do so at your own risk!
    • Instead, further general areas of more difficulty simply require more people to be present in order gain access to the entry mechanisms.
    • The higher-risk the area, the more people required to gain entry access to said area.
    • Higher risks comes with, naturally, better rewards.
    • 'Boss Rooms' will reset and be available for re-triggering after a specific time has passed since the last time it was triggered. The more difficult the boss, the longer the reset timer.
    • 'Boss Rooms' that have been 'cleared' can still be re-accessed during that period, (for things like retrieving the lantern you left behind, or the looting of bodies, etc) but will not 'trigger' until their timer is up.
    • There is an IG way to easily tell which bosses are available for triggering at any given time without having to enter the initial area. No, that info won't be provided OOCly. There are clues IG.
    • Clues to various other details are also provided IG in and around the area.
    • A final note of warning: "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

As of right now, the area is 100% open to the public IG.

This area represents about 6 months of my free time coding up a ton of new things (items, creatures, skills, area, echos, triggering mechanics, clues, etc, etc, etc). I'm absolutely certain there will be a few bugs here and there. I hope that if you encounter one, you @report from the relevant room/square and give as much mechanical detail as possible to help me track down the issue swiftly so I can resolve it quickly. Thanks!
    Game Master Tale
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Had a lot of fun exploring during the event. This is a very interesting area, both in terms of unique coding/creatures/emotes, and also in terms of the way it seems to be woven into the greater fabric of game world lore. Kudos for all the work you put into this. Besides a few room description typos, I didn't notice any bugs.

That said, the area is freaky as hell - I doubt my character character can easily justify going back there unless someone needs to be saved/rescued from it.
    [Success: 95, Roll: 5] Pharse swings a cestus-covered fist sideways, lashing out at you with the blades of his weapon, but misses. You use the broad head of your short whip to knock aside the attack with a brute-force swat.

Comment

Hands down creepy, I'm amazed with the brutal end of it we got out
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

As a side note, the lowbie hunting area previously within the town of Rock Valley has been given a minor updated. Also, a new lowbie-to-mid area was added as well to help bridge the gaps from beginner character to high-end lowbie status.
        Game Master Tale
        Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work you do. I have a character trying to live full time in Rock Valley and this is a great boost.

Comment

Can i ask where the newbie area is? I'm thinking of reupping my sub and moving my newbie guy out to the valley

Comment

You can refer to the Rock Valley (Updated) map I just made for just this purpose.

The two areas I spoke of are listed as 'Dangerous Areas'. Enjoy!
              Last edited by Tale; 05-13-2018, 10:05 AM.
              Game Master Tale

Comment

Originally posted by Tale View Post
                You can refer to the (Updated) Rock Valley map I just made for just this purpose.

The two areas I spoke of are listed as 'Dangerous Areas'. Enjoy!
                Mighty fine shindig! Nice work and thank you for the map update too Tale! Pro man, truly pro.
                Nothing much to say.

Comment

These two area's are only active at night I assume? I walked around there nada

Comment

Originally posted by Kered View Post
                    These two area's are only active at night I assume? I walked around there nada
                    Much like the alleys in Iridine, yes.
                    Game Master Tale

Comment

I tried these out, with my newbie woodsie spear guy one of them the footpad area no way hitting stuff, the other area with the dogs (hittable) rats nope but fun im gonna but pushing to 20s with everything see if there is a difference

Comment

Working...
                      X