Long description of helmet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long description of helmet

Im thinking of getting a custom helmet made. I need help with the long description because I havenít seen very many. Can anyone post a long description of s helmet to give me some ideas?
    thanks

You see nothing extraordinary about a dull boison helmet with a featureless faceplate.

Comment

You see a man in an elaborately decorated helmet bearing a series of multicolored stripes spanning from the deepest of purples to the brightest of whites with a meticulously sculpted faceplate made to resemble the face of an ideal male in great detail and painted with a checkered vibrant orange and iridescent green.
      A man in an elaborately decorated helmet bearing a series of multicolored stripes spanning from the deepest of purples to the brightest of whites with a meticulously sculpted faceplate made to resemble the face of an ideal male in great detail and painted with a checkered vibrant orange and iridescent green swings his plain ol' gladius at a man with hairy arms and misses.

Comment

Wow! Thatís nice thank you both for responding

Comment

Originally posted by Ariden View Post
          Wow! That’s nice thank you both for responding
          I'm happy to actually be helpful, but I didn't have a real description on hand. To be fair, if you start with "inverted bucket" shaped thing and go from there I've seen everything from wings to stupified fluvitars so your imagination is really the factor. Did you have some general idea you wanted to work toward? Looking for inspiration of theme? The open ended nature of the question makes it difficult to directly answer. If you wanted to keep your own ideas more quiet, you can even PM me and I'll make a suggestion.

In the end, I think the best advice I can give you to help isn't an example of an exiting helmet. You want something that's you hence getting a custom one. As a baseline google "gladiator" and type out three sentences describing their helmet and then adjust it and add the things you think your character would like. Look at some statues in game if you want to try and mimic the existing prose (though that can shift with the author and time the item was written).

PS: There are some artist characters in game who would love the chance to speak with and help design this for your character if you wanted a decent role-play experience to go with it. Just ask around.

Comment

a gleaming gold-washed boison helmet with a tall crest and sunstone-faceted
            faceplate

This heavy boison helmet has been entirely gold-washed and polished laboriously
            to reflect a nearly blinding golden aura. An abnormally tall, pure white
            horsehair crest with a dark crimson edge rises to a majestic pinnacle. The
            faceplate has been masterfully engraved with silver scrollwork across the
            entire surface, with flat pieces of obsidian set to form a mosaic between the
            engravings. A sunstone is highlighted within the elaborate scrollwork on the
            forehead, as if a beacon of light amidst the obsidian darkness.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. Iíll be asking around in game and let the artists do their work. I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
              X