Misc Mechanic Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misc Mechanic Questions

Is there a setting to automatically look when entering a room, or simply change the simple summary to a full one?

When I buy the stat potential increase, I can then increase that stat at the course again?

If I buy a stat potential increase than use Story Points to increase that same stat do I lose one of my 10 stat potentials?

Are story points the only way to boost judgement, reasoning, empathy...?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Launrentinus View Post
    Is there a setting to automatically look when entering a room, or simply change the simple summary to a full one?
    No.

When I buy the stat potential increase, I can then increase that stat at the course again?
    Yes. 1000 rolepoints gets you 10 potential increases. You then have to go succeed at the courses 10 times to actually capitalize on that potential.

If I buy a stat potential increase than use Story Points to increase that same stat do I lose one of my 10 stat potentials?
    A story point stat increase actually increases the stat, not just the potential. (as Sceadu states here).

I am not sure what happens if you currently have "potential" available for that stat already. It might give you both +1 to your potential and +1 to the stat. Or it might simply consume your existing potential when it increases the stat by 1. To be on the safe side, if I were purchasing a stat increase with story points, I would max out my current potential on the courses first. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Are story points the only way to boost judgement, reasoning, empathy...?
    As of about six months ago, there is now a way to raise these stats in game, similar to how you raise other stats on the courses.
    [Success: 95, Roll: 5] Pharse swings a cestus-covered fist sideways, lashing out at you with the blades of his weapon, but misses. You use the broad head of your short whip to knock aside the attack with a brute-force swat.

Comment

How do you raise the mental stats then?

Comment

I'm interested in knowing this too. You know., since stat improvements are an OOC thing and all.
        Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariden View Post
          How do you raise the mental stats then?
          There is a new hunting ground in RV, kind of like a mini raid boss. High end content. From my understanding the risk isn't worth the reward though.

You can also naturally increase your mental stats by using your non com abilities. But only up to the 10 potential points that you started with from your original roll.

Comment

Gotcha thanks. Itís too bad thatís end game type stuff and not more readily accessible for normal people.

Comment

Just in case people don't realize it. You can increase those stats with Story Points.

Comment

The new high end is worth doing at least once itís insane fun
                "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Story points are an extremely expensive way to increase stats. Rps you earn by playing you have to use money for sp, either by being premium or buying them. Ten months of premium for a one word increase is nuts. There should be a way to train them up like the courses that is available for everyone. Like using a library increases knowledge, just saying.

So besides getting more sp per completed action, helping increase your success per action or raising the threshold of min gains why raise them? Do you gain more in min gains past the .025?

Comment

I do know that .025 is the max for when the cycle is completed.
                    I think SP is mainly meant for training past what the potential increases can not provide. I agree they are a bit costly. I do think that game balance was taken into consideration when they priced. Otherwise super all inhuman stat characters would be rampant...

Comment

super all outstanding stat characters... but no, the option was introduced because people asked for a way to avoid the courses, and this was the result, you want to avoid the courses? pay for it. But it still won't take you past where you can go without paying for it with story points.

Comment

Iím not saying give it to me for free. I have 7200 rp banked, which means I am a paying account. Iím saying an option like the courses should be available to increase non-com stats outside of paying $125 for the story points or waiting until you are a top tier combatant.

Comment

Originally posted by Irisa View Post

I am not sure what happens if you currently have "potential" available for that stat already. It might give you both +1 to your potential and +1 to the stat. Or it might simply consume your existing potential when it increases the stat by 1. To be on the safe side, if I were purchasing a stat increase with story points, I would max out my current potential on the courses first. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

The last time I checked into this the story point limit is looking at stat potential not current stat level. When purchasing a 10 point increase the number of increases I could buy with story points fell by a value of 10 immediately, not after completing the courses. This is simple enough to test again should someone be purchasing a stat increase.

Comment

If it increases both, it makes sense to only allow you to up it if you have potential remaining. Otherwise people could possibly buy it without getting potential increases.

I believe mental stats can be increased through random increases through skill use.

Comment

Working...
                            X