Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should bandit EoTRs be able to get a VC after death?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should bandit EoTRs be able to get a VC after death?

For Example: H was a bandit for 5.5 years adding an element of unscripted danger to PCs but cant get a VC due to his VC lineage per the rules. Should such characters be eligible for a VC after such a considerable amount of time and effort?
    Yes after 3 years
    68.42%
    Yes after 5 years minimum
    10.53%
    No never
    21.05%

I think they should be allowed to get a vc immediately. It doesn't matter what you're role is, RP is RP.
    Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

I think the second they start a toon, regardless of vc or not if you are adding life into the game, VR it up please
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

EOTR are generally not throw away characters. To survive a year, let alone half a decade or more RL, is an impressive feat. Every law enforcement officer after you and every player can PK you. Then you escape banishment and silently continue your efforts? Give the man some recognition.

Comment

The answer is yes. By all means you deserve a VC. Five frikkin years as a bandit!
          Unfortunately the rules state that if you are player killed a VC package is not rewarded.
          Even though all PVP kills have to be approved by a GM.

Comment

Originally posted by Launrentinus View Post
            The answer is yes. By all means you deserve a VC. Five frikkin years as a bandit!
            Unfortunately the rules state that if you are player killed a VC package is not rewarded.
            Even though all PVP kills have to be approved by a GM.
            I know it's on like page 5 of a 10 page pinned thread and the forum search features kinda suck but, this seems relevant and you should read it.

Originally posted by Sceadu View Post
            Who is eligible for a Veteran Character Package
            1. Any character ended via the END command (under ANY circumstances), will NOT be awarded a free VC package.
            2. Any character that is killed off via GM assistance at the player’s request, will NOT receive a free VC package.
            3. Any character that is already a previously awarded VC due to a “justice PK”, will NOT receive a free VC package if they are yet again the victim of a “justice PK” (for clarification, being declared EotR? AND being killed due to this status is considered a “justice PK”).
            4. Any character that is a victim of a player awarded PK, WILL be awarded a free VC package.
            5. Any character that is killed via a “justice PK” WILL be awarded a free VC package as long as it does not conflict with a previously stated rule.
            6. Any character killed by a GM due to an event or story arc (initiated by the GM) WILL be awarded a free VC package.

Comment

I seem to recall characters that type “end” are usually are not awarded VCs either. Does anyone have a reference for that?

Comment

Because rules never change in TEC....
                <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
                Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

Between the first time I played TEC and this time, I played Eve Online for about 6 years. While it's a very different sort of game, one of the things I always loved was the lack of moralizing; you could play any way you wished, including scamming players in-game, breaking agreements, and attacking people in relatively "safe" space. Whatever you could do with the mechanics was permissible.

Now, that won't exactly work in TEC, since we are all minor players in a much larger game; we can't turn the Forum into a brutal free-for-all without the overwhelming force that's always around us stepping in to smite us. But I do think the principle translates that characters who create mischief and harm to others should absolutely be appreciated and celebrated. I'm thinking of someone like Synodia lately shruging at Maliken's death. That's good RP, and it stirs up the pot.

This game is interesting because of the adversity, not in spite of it. I'd be an advocate not only of changing the rules, but of giving EotR characters an extra level of VC package beyond what they'd be due. After all, for the sake of story and driving action in the gameworld, they are sacrificing a character that must be at least moderately skilled, and that involves a time commitment.

Harmful effects to your character are always good. They're motivation and opportunity for good RP, which is what we should all hunger after.
                  Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

If they're giving away level 10 veteran character tickets on random parchment events then why is there any apprehension to anyone losing a character under any circumstance being awarded a VC package? With what I would consider an extreme influx of high level veteran characters, what would it hurt to give an option to just "end" a character or @retire (or any function of delete) to be awarded? It's the same result with a lot less standing around waiting for a GM to spawn giant crabs or giant oozes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kjel View Post
                      Because rules never change in TEC....
                      I’ve been trying to change rules that are obsolete with always no

Comment

And for the record I think H should get a VC by the grace of earl

Comment

If you gonna change the way you give out VC packages then you should probably take into consideration alts that of been in active for years and years. Maybe base it off of ranks as well as time.

I think you all make good points and if you lose a character either by @ending him, Justice pk, @chop or any other way you should get a VC. After all a VC doesn’t break the game and it allows people the opportunity to end their characters the way the want and also reward them for playing the game. So they keep playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Elowynn View Post
                            I seem to recall characters that type “end” are usually are not awarded VCs either. Does anyone have a reference for that?
                            I was specifically told that because I was 'ending' Deft at the end of a PvP story-arch, that I would not receive a VC for it. Ending will not yield a VC.
                            Originally posted by Marren
                            YOU CAN'T HIDE CRAZY WITH MAKEUP, I PROMISE YOU.

Comment

Deft deserved a VC for a well played PvP arch where death would have been the logical outcome of the role

Comment

Working...
                              X