Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should bandit EoTRs be able to get a VC after death?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've talked about this topic before so this should be fun:

The first 'Justice PK' results in a VC package
    The second 'Justice PK or EOTR' death does not qualify for a VC

I see no reason why this rule should change at this time. Maybe adding to point 3 of VC eligibility 'If your account has consecutive Justice PK/EOTR PK's you will not be eligible for a free VC package' as a consideration is something to discuss. This takes care of the issue of abuse of rinse and repeat character development but also allows those who enjoy that certain type of RP the ability to play it again in the future? Thoughts?

On the topic of VC's I am just happy they have grown into the system we currently have.
    TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
    "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
    "Shiloboy wins.
    Fatality.
    Keep up the good work."

Comment

you do know that's pretty much what it says right?
      character 1 dies due to justice pk
      character 2 is character 1's vc
      character 2 also dies due to justice pk
      character 3 is not a vc
      character 3 also dies to justice pk
      character 4 is character 3's vc because character 3 was not a vc to begin with, so prior cause of death is irrelevant.

alternative:
      character 1 dies due to justice pk
      character 2 is character 1's vc
      character 2 dies from an event, not a justice pk
      character 3 is character 2's vc
      character 3 dies from justice pk
      character 4 is character 3's vc
      and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
        you do know that's pretty much what it says right?
        Stuff
        That is what it reads like but that doesn't mean that is how it is enforced. That is why I was asking for a possible clarification on that condition
        TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

"Shiloboy wins.
        Fatality.
        Keep up the good work."

Comment

If that's not how the gms are enforcing it, feel free to use my post to argue your case, as sometimes people have difficulty understanding their own rules, when they weren't the ones who wrote them.

Comment

Let's see if I can clarify some questions I think I'm seeing here:

If a character is PK'd through the justice system for the first time, the player will receive a VC package for the death of that character.

If a VC character that was awarded for the above is PK'd again through the justice system (consecutive), no VC package is awarded.

If you are awarded a VC package for a character that was PK'd through the justice system, then that character dies in some manner other than the justice system, and then the following VC dies via the justice system, then a VC WILL be awarded. As I believe someone pointed out already, this is to prevent a player from getting into a perpetual cycle of characters that start out of the gate with a huge advantage for the sole purpose of banditing, griefing, or whatever you prefer to call it.

Once awarded a VC you will always be awarded a VC of equal or greater value for deaths (using the calculations someone else has already quoted here) unless there are consecutive deaths via the justice system.
            Game Master Sceadu

Comment

thanks for clarifying. stenero falls in 3rd situation so good to know I'll get a VC there if/when he dies.

as for H mentioned by bad bubba, I think after x amount of time the restriction should be removed. it's one thing to have a char that is banditing/griefing and getting caught/killed each month and popping out another. H was alive for 5+years and was a rich character that brought a lot to the gameworld. adjusting the line of thought/rules to factor in time/rps spent on a character should be a consideration.

my suggestion is that a player can be awarded consecutive VCs for justice pks after 2 years.
              Originally posted by urek23
              On a scale from spawning-monsters-is-an-event to three-armors-fit-in-a-sack-on-purpose, how useless am I?

Fixed12345

Comment

There is a substantial difference between banditing and griefing. The motives are entirely different.

Comment

there's also a substantial difference between making two bandits in a row, and not making two bandits in a row, no matter how successful one of those bandits is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Bubba View Post
                    There is a substantial difference between banditing and griefing. The motives are entirely different.
                    Facts, but sadly a lot of people don't see it that way. I always tried to make bandit interactions enjoyable for both sides (provided they didn't try to sleep). I can only think of maybe 3 occasions where I didn't come up with a way for the character to recover their items. IMO banditing is an attack on the character, griefing is an attack on the player.

Comment

Itís very rare that anyone should feel griefing. I donít get that from three above mostly they have the bandit understanding and to me have given people the chance to get there stuff
                      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

There was always a fear for Metatu going anywhere alone because of Hesperus. I loved that feeling that at anytime a faceplate could pop out and destroy him. I think you should have gotten a VC immediately after whatever happened.

I beat the odds. To hell with you all.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                          there's also a substantial difference between making two bandits in a row, and not making two bandits in a row, no matter how successful one of those bandits is.
                          Could say the same thing about people that constantly make constable or legio characters. Nothing wrong with wanting to play the bad guy.
                          <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
                          Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

Originally posted by lykatos View Post

IMO banditing is an attack on the character, griefing is an attack on the player.
                            Originally posted by Kjel View Post

Could say the same thing about people that constantly make constable or legio characters. Nothing wrong with wanting to play the bad guy.
                            In any Roleplaying game I find that Player vs Player conflict can be immensely rewarding, exciting, and significant.

I agree wholeheartedly with Kjel on the point of people who enjoy making a conflict character. I don't care if you enjoy grinding hours on end for your SP, if you enjoy barely getting 25sp a week but RolePlay almost exclusively, if you play a Constable or a Bandit. If you find it to be enjoyable - do it up.

In any conflict in this game the only concern I really have is this: Are you attempting to bring more to the overall story through your character?

One of the largest influences of my staying in TEC in 98 was when someone beat up my character in the Alleys for looking at them wrong. They stole my character's brand new alanti gladius. That conflict grew into new stories, adventures, plotting, scheming, and tons of hilarious conflict and content.

There is a fine line when it comes to trolling/griefing that I wanted to mention: Intentionally targeting a player vs a character is exactly where I draw that line, as Lykatos mentioned. I would love to see bandits that continue to add to the game in meaningful ways. I liked hearing about the last batch of bandits that allowed people to go if they did as told or gave X amount of currency. Very big kudos. In my example above I wasn't targeted because someone didn't like me as a player- instead my character pushed the in character line by not shutting his mouth or apologizing and he paid the price for doing so!

TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

"Shiloboy wins.
                            Fatality.
                            Keep up the good work."

Comment

The attackers aka bandits always have the advantage, the last batch of bandits actually gave us chances to catch them. The downfall of the one step behind lag
                              "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Working...
                              X