Hunting ground ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting ground ideas

So, we talked about this on discord and now I'm curious about constructive feedback on the idea of making hunting grounds great again.

What are your idea for determining how a hunting ground should work? Scaling NPCs? A set number per combat ranks? More bosses? Less bosses?

-More mobs in every hunting ground, lots of spawns, especially dumps and pits and old city tunnels, low-mid level hunting grounds need improvement.

-Make a super small chance of high end rewards (.001% chance to get a emerald/diamond/ruby in a rat/spider/diablos/snake stomach. )

-Fix the Tree house so that ranged people can actually hunt here without hitting the rails with their weapons, why is this even a thing.

Scaling NPC's is great until your hunting near someone much better than you getting their spawns. Then it really sucks.

I think the bosses can be fun, as long as they have good rewards to boot. Especially if they had a rare chance to carry a nice custom item or two.

Comment

I agree with the route Scolve is taking.
      Adjust the AI so the opponents are more difficult.

Another newbie hunting ground. To retain new players.
      Do something with the sewers. It use to be that was where all the newbies hunted.
      No one uses them now.
      Maybe even as simple as putting in a gate where the difficulty level changes?

A MUCH better explanation of hunting ground locations in the game. Perhaps links to the wiki page during the tutorial.

Review the stats for hunting ground usage. The ones with low usage. GMs should sticky post 'how do we fix this ground'.

Comment

The dumps have limited use due to crazy old men with knives. old city has acid that ruins clothes, pits spawn fast so thatís a good place imho. The woods spawn a ton of bandits thatís good as well. Sands seem ok no idea loot as I didnít collect anything. Thatís really all Iíve done last months
        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

But, see, with the Ludus in place, there is really no reason to be going to any of these other places because of the bonus you get. Unless, of course, you get the bonus as a "new" character all around. I myself hardly used the Ludus. I stuck to the island/sewers/pit/burnt villa until I could hang with the big boys in the Colosseum. So, that seems to open up the question: What can the GMs do, or player base request to make these lower level hunting grounds popular again? Maybe a little boost in skinning prices from creatures here? Or, maybe NEW creatures, like bigger snakes in the sewers, or sometimes a rare "boss" rat/spider/snake/osecar that has a different type of hide/skin?

Comment

Iím still all for reworking the traevant underground to house more variety of weapons bandits

Comment

Tale said something about the underground TM complex being really bugged out. I don't know if someone is inclined to fix said bugs.

Comment

Easy way to fix the bugs is wipe it out and build new on top of it

Comment

How about fixing drunk approach so it's possible to navigate the giant mobs again?

Comment

I chose sickly trait for my current main, not knowing just how impactful that trait is to hunting ground selection. Literally cannot use 90% of the animal hunting grounds I've tried because the disease, stamina drain, etc effects are WAY to overpowered. Should be worth way more points in the trait selection process due to blowing up a large percentage of already limited hunting ground options.

Comment

Just to point it out, here are the problems with adding difficulty in places--it restricts the ability for players to play with one another. It means that because my character is further along, I can't help my newer friend because if I try to big boss mobs will come out and slaughter him. This and how the rewards got steadily diminished into nothing are the reason that no one goes to the alleys any more, and at one time that was a place many many many people would go just to hang out with one another IG.

Anything we're doing that is going to restrict our ability to RP with one another and isolate the gameworld into tinier sections needs to be seriously analyzed before being implemented. If anything, I think I would like more set ranks to the mobs in general for specific areas rather than scaling ones for the ones that are around because the other way around makes it so that the moment a high end character walks into a hunting ground, every low end one has to clear out altogether. Kind of like what currently is happening at the colosseum.

I'm not totally opposed to boss mobs--IF they can provide more loot. Higher risk should equal higher reward after all. And I totally agree with stomachs just once in a while carrying a good gem.

Comment

Originally posted by Tender View Post
                        Tale said something about the underground TM complex being really bugged out. I don't know if someone is inclined to fix said bugs.
                        The place itself is perfectly fine. Everything works. I've submitted a report or two detailing one minor change to make it useable solo that to my knowledge has yet to be changed. The AI is horrible, genderless and totally random on what they're carrying. They do throw spears though, which is really badass and incentive for people to clean up the area.

Side note, making sparring a viable way to gain SP again would allow hunting grounds to be a lot more interesting without killing off training areas.

Comment

sparring is a viable way to gain sp.... as long as you don't do it in practice mode. Practice mode isn't sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                            sparring is a viable way to gain sp.... as long as you don't do it in practice mode. Practice mode isn't sparring.
                            From Raphael in the GM Minor Changes thread...

PC Sparring has changed as per the following:

* There is no longer a total combat SP or rank cap for earning SP. It is open to everyone.

* You may only earn up to the first half of your cycle's SP from sparring, and yes, this includes rollover.

* You will not earn base minimum gains. You will earn 0 when you hit the cap.

* SP gain while sparring will be set to 1/4 of normal gains. You may end up with a gain no lower than .025, but this is not the BASE minimum gains, as stated above.

* You will only gain SP in training dojos, such as Leda's, the place east of Gilven, etc. Basically, if it has a practice dummy, it should work. If not, @report from the location.

* This applies to practice weapons only, currently. Normal weapons, and practice mode are not included.

Clearly you just don't understand the difference between viable and not viable, but keep posting.

Comment

Don't practice weapons still crit too? Crit break/bleeder for 1/4th the sp, no thanks. hell even without that, 1/4th sp gain is -terrible- no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                              X