No announcement yet.

POLL/DISCUSSION: Class system, and interest in it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

higher than headcount, you pay tax, and your vote stands for more, since headcount is 1 vote for everybody.
    but you definitely pay tax, says so in the census, so it'd cause money to leave the economy.
    Headcounts CAN sponsor foreigners, it's just that nobody cares.
    people used to be able to buy holdings, but the gms nixed that.

Comment

Yes; allow Kered to buy the Inn in vet and open his two shop ideas move on up class
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

I would love the idea of this. A large initial pay-in investment towards an existing store maybe, so they could get a few new items in stock maybe, or just to prop it up as sales have been lagging lately and then an opportunity for now having a more permanent return on the investment in a holdings situation. Some way to generate income in that capacity so that players could work towards becoming a higher level of citizen. From a RP standpoint alone, I would be highly interested in pursuing this.

Comment

I like this idea, but there also has to be an anti-class system. I like how the game has reputation systems put into place, but they should also exist on the opposite end of the spectrum for infamy. It'd offer a lot more emergent gameplay.

Plus also, that way Synodia can finally get her handouts.

Comment

I think an anti-class system already exists, in the form of slaves/foreigner/headcount and banned from places. Or do you have more details than just... anti-class?

Comment

I'm not sure I follow exactly how this class system would work. Can anyone either explain in detail or site a former thread where I might understand better?

Also: How would this affect the status / class of new players who have gotten into the game in the time before a class system starts (like me! Happy 1st year TEC anniversary to me - a couple of months late!) vs. all of you forever-old players?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by AstyrZeno View Post
                I'm not sure I follow exactly how this class system would work. Can anyone either explain in detail or site a former thread where I might understand better?

Also: How would this affect the status / class of new players who have gotten into the game in the time before a class system starts (like me! Happy 1st year TEC anniversary to me - a couple of months late!) vs. all of you forever-old players?

Thanks!
                I'm with you and don't understand either. I've played on and off for 18 years, but this is probably my longest consecutive stint, and I was gone for over 6 years. Over the 18 years, I've maybe played a total of 3. I don't understand the class system, and the lore is completely beyond me. I think this could definitely be interesting, but it would take some very detailed and thought out ideas. I just don't know how it could happen with such a small player base and support team, but would love to see it as well.

Comment

try help census, in game, it lists all the various classes, and what the requirements are. Anyone over headcount pays tax, among other things, like elevated social standing for accusing people of crimes or being accused. It requires provable income, not just money from hunting, so even a super rich tailor or broker wouldn't move up in class, without owning some land. Or other means of PROVING their income via holdings.

Comment

Working...
                  X