customer service.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customer service.

refreshed my orchil client in the tailor shop in Blackvine, got booted and banned when I came back one minute later. I get a lovely too bad response to the 3 bells and 2 reports I have done in the past 3 and a half days. Someone tell me an IC reason why a tailor who's never done anything wrong, and who is retainer to the dang Assistant Governor can be perma banned from Adaventas, and need an EVENT to get it fixed.. with no guarantee it will happen in any kind of timely fashion. Yeah, no, a lovely reminder why I don't wish to pay for this game. ever. again. Oh yeah, and Orchil is lovely, but if it's going to bog me down to the point of unplayability... do post signs where I can and cannot sleep for a minute.

Really.

Fed up.

That is because particular tailors loved to sleep their alts and rush in to buy up crap that was set out, then over sell it.

Blame past terrible players.

Comment

Well I would blame that as you say, except for the fact of how easy it is to code in a timer that can tell the difference between someone refreshing their client or a DC versus someone who is blatantly sitting around waiting for the cloth to refresh. So I have to say lazy coding as it is in it's current iteration.

Comment

Or just follow the rules, as they've been posted for years now. You can't sleep there or be banned. She plays one of the few tailors IG. She obviously knows the rules. And then she 'happens' to refresh in the place she's not supposed to? And it's somehow the GMs fault?

Miss me with that weak stuff.

Comment

One of my characters got banned from auction house in 2011 fighting baddies at an event. Asked to be be let back in this year and was told the ban is permanent and cannot be reversed. I wanted to participate in auction events and was told i can't becauuse of something nearly 8 years ago that is "permanent" and can't be undone.....in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by VBaehr View Post
            Or just follow the rules, as they've been posted for years now. You can't sleep there or be banned. She plays one of the few tailors IG. She obviously knows the rules. And then she 'happens' to refresh in the place she's not supposed to? And it's somehow the GMs fault?

Perhaps. But what if she d/c'd? I know I've had this issue at Belhrad's a few times now. I get the reason that it's implemented, but perhaps there's a way to stop the people who are trying to cheat the system without hurting those who aren't.
            Originally posted by Atilu
            You'd probably be happier if you just didn't come to the forums.
            Nicarus says to you, "Ya should shadow me an' keep track o' things. We can call it tha Dew-y number-ic system or somethin'.... have to work on that"

Comment

I know the rules?? Seriously? perhaps the ones you put the rules in for know them, I never having encountered this before, I would not have refreshed in there now, would I? Please, continue with the insults and rude behavior. And ban my char for OOC Orchil lag. and omg it's not your fault, it's your shameful customer favoritism and lack of customer service over what I perceive as a mechanical issue.

Comment

Originally posted by VBaehr View Post

Why so much hostility, this seems like a really strange and arbitrary mechanic that only you are aware of.

Comment

He's not the only one aware of it, anyone who goes in there without money to check stalk is outright told it.

A good tactic for refreshing orchil is not actually closing it, but setting your scrollback count to 0, then setting it back to say... 40.
                  I only close orchil, or press f5, if I've been disconnected, or seem to have been disconnected, since nothing's happening for a good minute, including feedback to simple commands like adhflaskdjhf returning not a command. Because my internet is bad.

Comment

I think people are missing the point here.

This is a game. I get disconnected 3-4 times a week, sometimes at the worst possible times. The GM's have responded to Melina. If Melina has a history of abusing bugs, then yeah, sure, ban away, I guess. Doesn't seem like she's one to abuse that specific bug. It's also terrible RP for her now to be assistant to Santum, a top end tailor, and can't even be allowed in BV's tailor shop.

For RP, logic and fun (because, as GM's seem to forget, this is a game) it'd be a reasonable exception to unban the character from that area.

It'd be like Ulath not allowed in Apula's. Kiiiiinda doesn't make any sense.

Comment

On another note, it's also hilarious that certain brokers with no tongues can still broker.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                        I think people are missing the point here.

This is a game. I get disconnected 3-4 times a week, sometimes at the worst possible times. The GM's have responded to Melina. If Melina has a history of abusing bugs, then yeah, sure, ban away, I guess. Doesn't seem like she's one to abuse that specific bug. It's also terrible RP for her now to be assistant to Santum, a top end tailor, and can't even be allowed in BV's tailor shop.

For RP, logic and fun (because, as GM's seem to forget, this is a game) it'd be a reasonable exception to unban the character from that area.

It'd be like Ulath not allowed in Apula's. Kiiiiinda doesn't make any sense.
                        I may be biased but I'm with you on everything you said here.
                        Melina sweetly quips to you, "Death is just way too much sleep."

Comment

Originally posted by Melina View Post
                          Someone tell me an IC reason why a tailor who's never done anything wrong, and who is retainer to the dang Assistant Governor can be perma banned from Adaventas, and need an EVENT to get it fixed.. with no guarantee it will happen in any kind of timely fashion. Yeah, no, a lovely reminder why I don't wish to pay for this game. ever. again.
                          speaking of rp.... You get unbanned... via rp. And according to a quote she made, she's not interested in going that route.
                          Just like when you sleep in Belhrad's, you get unbanned via rp. And she was given an out, and didn't want to take it.

*EDIT* In character reason, the dude's pissed off with all the people sleeping in his place of business, and needs you to convince him you're not someone who's likely to do it all the time, like other people have done in the past, just to screw his business. He even tells you so, when you try to check the stock without two talents on you.

Comment

Just remove the damned ban already. It's stupid that she got banned to begin with. Considering the sheer amount of money she spends in that shop, and all the rp that surrounds the character in Blackvine... come on, do you really think Adaventas would care that one of his best customers is taking a nap in the corner? I know for a fact he wouldn't.
                            Amatoria crams a fist full of biscuits in her mouth.
                            You pick out a biscuit from some biscuits.
                            You consume the last of a biscuit.
                            Dragaxus says to you, "You know you're quite sexy when you do that."
                            Amatoria spits crumbs all over, "You're just saying that."

Typically, 9 times out of 10 in TEC you are bored you just dont realize it because your brain functions at a higher rate and it keeps you from thinking about the possibility that you are simply sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

Comment

I did that RP route, with my RL week sit in in front of the library with the bevy of pulled from the crowd npc's non stop RP to get unbanned for the 6 year ago issue of I went to the bathroom and my idiot niece decided to hold a torch to a book, it's not that I clearly do not want to RP it's that there is no IC reason for him to have done that.
                              ... this is not the same.thing, this is a refresh of a client, this is not Meli using Adavantas as a flop house.

Comment

Working...
                              X