No announcement yet.

customer service.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Character: Melina falls asleep in store. Store owner doesn't like it, kicks her out, due to past people doing that and abusing his store.
    Out of Character: Melina logged out in store. Store owner doesn't like it, kicks her out, due to being an npc with that as a coded response to people logging out in the store, and lacking the reputation system of Belhrad's store to counteract one time actions.

Clearly, in character, there's a reason.
    You want to argue mechanics? I'm with ya mechanically, but you keep bringing up ic no reason.

And Library issue ic: Melina tried to burn a book, so of course she's banned from the library.
    ooc: you stepped away from keyboard and had actions taken on your behalf, you're responsible for that as well. Since you're supposed to log out, or at least, secure your computer. And there's no way of proving it wasn't you, since none of the gms were filming your room. I hope.

Comment

library has nothing to do with it, aside from the fact I have no problem RP when I feel there is an IC reason for it. Stop beating a dead horse. Your superiority is evident, and noted,

Comment

I think Melina is expressing the frustration we all have at some point. If there is a mechanic in the way, there is nothing you can do IC to fix it. My character that was banned almost a decade ago appealed to the constables (since he was fighting on their side against bad people), a patrician who has political sway (no luck there), and the GM character who just repeated what the GM said "Sorry, the ban is permanent." Why is it permanent? Because you did something that got you banned. OK, it's a mechanic that's banned me, no one else cares or thinks it should still be there. Sorry, it's permanent and can't be changed. Pettiness.

Comment

I don't understand why this post has been made in the first place...the bell ringing and @reports should have been sufficient. Frankly the time used to tell her to create an event or something like that could have just as easily been used to make a puppet out of the tailor shopkeeper and just RP it out right then, and if it made it to the forums at all it would've been as a kudos for helping out.

That analogy of Ulath not being allowed in Apula's seems spot on here. Melina is quite literally one of the best tailors in the entire game, if not the best. A little courtesy here in a couple of directions would likely have gone a long way. Everyone knows that when you own a business, you make special exceptions for your best number 1 clients. The guy that comes in once in a blue moon and spends 20$ here and there gets away with a LOT less than the guy that comes in and spends thousands of dollars a week. And in this instance, we're discussing a customer that would fall into the latter category, and if we look at his selling records going back to the beginning she likely dominates a good chunk of the market. While the rules that apply to everyone else would apply, it seems a stern warning would be far more applicable here than a permanent ban.

Comment

I enjoy how complaints on mechanical limitations and/or customer service get somehow twisted into "deal with it IC" and "well it's your fault anyway" discussions. TEC has too many trolls. Regardless of if either/both of those are true, this appears to be both a mechanical stupid that could be improved and a customer service issue.

As Vakrend said, it probably would not have taken much more time to just help Melina RP through it.

As for the mechanics, games should try to be designed without mechanical pitfalls like this. Making it require 15+ minutes to get in trouble would likely not be hard to code. It matters very little that there's a work around (in this case, an annoying one); it adds nothing to the game to ban people with connection issues or that aren't aware and refresh.

Comment

I feel like because thatís how itís always done or this rule has been in place needs to be revisited some of the point , there are some rules outdated
              "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Scrolled through most responses without reading. Sorry if this was already stated.

Launren enjoys bantering with Melina and so do I. We will be disappointed if she is gone. He and I are just getting to know her.

Orchil is a client in beta. As a result it is in-fact no good.

Flash client still has the lag within time issue.

I had to go ALL the way back to Zealotry to get a client that works. Good news, it doesn't support html formating and you have to press up two times to get to the previous command. Yes developer, I want to go to the beginning of my command line by pressing up. Good thing there isn't a key on my keyboard to do just that. A whole key designed to go to the start of a line of text.

Comment

Originally posted by Launrentinus View Post
                  Scrolled through most responses without reading. Sorry if this was already stated.

Launren enjoys bantering with Melina and so do I. We will be disappointed if she is gone. He and I are just getting to know her.

Orchil is a client in beta. As a result it is in-fact no good.

Flash client still has the lag within time issue.

I had to go ALL the way back to Zealotry to get a client that works. Good news, it doesn't support html formating and you have to press up two fucking times to get to the previous command. Yes developer, I want to go to the beginning of my command line by pressing up. Good thing there isn't a key on my fucking keyboard to do just that. A whole fucking key designed to go to the start of a line of text.
                  orchil is the only way I can play on my phone
                  Last edited by Catuluscaesar; 12-06-2018, 05:26 PM.
                  Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                    I think people are missing the point here.

This is a game. I get disconnected 3-4 times a week, sometimes at the worst possible times. The GM's have responded to Melina. If Melina has a history of abusing bugs, then yeah, sure, ban away, I guess. Doesn't seem like she's one to abuse that specific bug. It's also terrible RP for her now to be assistant to Santum, a top end tailor, and can't even be allowed in BV's tailor shop.

For RP, logic and fun (because, as GM's seem to forget, this is a game) it'd be a reasonable exception to unban the character from that area.

It'd be like Ulath not allowed in Apula's. Kiiiiinda doesn't make any sense.
                    Your statement here is so obviously correct I question the mental capacity and/or motives of anyone who's said otherwise in this thread. There should be no reason that a GM couldn't or shouldn't swiftly remove the ban, since it arose due to OOC circumstances.

Mechanically, if they wish to keep the ban system in place it ought to function similarly to Bels or perhaps have a timer function to weed out momentary disconnects. Though in that case, what if your internet goes down suddenly and isn't restored for days, as happened to me a few days ago? Though in cases like that, I'd suggest, you know, that explaining the problem to a GM should be sufficient, as it should've been in Mel's case.
                    Originally posted by Mast3rmind
                    Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
                    Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
                    Ravenlark pats you.
                    Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

I support unbanning Melina from the tailor shop.

I support unbanning in general.

Comment

Agree with everyone on unban side in this case and nearly all cases I've seen over the years in this theme.

Comment

Unban. We need all the good people we can get, in-game and in the community.

Comment

Working...
                          X