Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PP/SS/Setups wishlist

Start your engines, people.

I'll kick it off with the ability to plant things on people, like condemning evidence.

Slice and Fade: With enough ranks in slice and fade, the skilled thief is able to slip in and get their score in a swift motion.

Comment

Having a rank level where slice no longer drops stuff on a bad roll
      Having hidden moves still be hidden on extremely high rolls
      An NPC quest style trainer like the two just added who offers some of the more common moves (slice, fade, glance, sword/knife lift, etc.) even if not to 154.
      A way to receive a handoff from a hidden person. Mechanically this would probably break the hiding code though.
      Stomachs to quit growling
      Sneak being tweaked slightly to be a little more viable

Comment

Unique loot from crowd NPCs that could be turned into a trainer much like aralex eggs and armbands

Comment

Originally posted by Foxfire View Post
          Slice and Fade: With enough ranks in slice and fade, the skilled thief is able to slip in and get their score in a swift motion.
          This happens on a 90 over roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantraste View Post

This happens on a 90 over roll.
            let's say you've GMed both moves. I think it's fair to want to have more than 10% chance of being really good at what you're doing <3

Comment

This is sort of what I was getting at with my comment about slice not dropping. It would be nice to shift the scale further up with ranks so that if your rank bonus is 90 above what a 1 success would be you would always auto-retreat and never fail.

Comment

Skill to take an item out of a container silently (prepare for handoff)
                Skill to put an item in a container silently (so you can walk away without them seeing "you walk away with their sword in your hand)
                Skill to put an item in someone else's open container silently (Planting)
                Quest-style missions for Franlius (special pouches that contain intel spawn on npc's), and Steps (BC wants knives/swords from Alati and vice versa for rep)
                When Hidden, Drunken approach should generate a random room echo like sailor spilling a drink - and is only possible in bars!)
                Draw Attention Should generate a random room echo based on that room. Rooms with no natural echos should just generate the standard current spook echo list.

Handoff as a command without a target should have your char sit in a roundtime waiting to handoff, with no room echo. Your partner would need to know already you're expecting them to come and get the item from you. This way, the hidden partner can <receive Ilkilyn> and receive your handoff by targeting you, the unhidden person. If noone receives the handoff by the end of a fairly long roundtime, you have to pass a second roll to see if anyone notices what you're doing.

Ear for coin should get two new echo's, currently I think it's limited to whether they have a talent or more, would be nice to see "has tens of talents on them!" and "must have a hundred or more talents on them!"

Combat Assess should -only- be effective on someone wielding a weapon, shield, or standing in a combat stance. I feel keeping combat ability a secret should be a thing as everyone seems to know combat assess these days. If you want to slyly find out how good someone is, you need to sneak into an area when they're fighting and assess them when they're fighting. When successful though, I think an additional echo should give you an idea of how -you- stand up against that person, such as "You think it'd be a fair fight against them" or "You could probably kick their butt" Also Combat Assess should be silent or high chance of being silent if you're hidden.

Stalk should keep your one pace -behind- your target always, so they have to look a pace behind them to see you. Keep the current roll per move to check if they see you. This would change stalk from being a "let me follow you to your domus door and then snatch your key" to "Let me follow at a distance and see where you're going, and then decide what my options are". Stalk should have a toggle-overt option, where you can try to be more stealthy at the risk of losing your target by only allowing stalk to work when there's a crowd or ability to hide in your next square. If there's not, you give up and stop following. Being overt continues following regardless even into hallways with no crowd or hiding chance, meaning you're clearly visible. If stalking while Hidden, you should have to make a sneak chance on each room move, and fall out of hiding if you fail. You should however still be following that person at a one pace distance making rolls to avoid being seen by them. Others in the area may still see you stalking them at a distance..

Comment

make soldiers not warrant you on a successful slift/klift

let hoods cover your build type, bring back think-net cover for hoods and masks
                  TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                  Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                  Originally posted by Bucaria
                  The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

there is one trainer who has you steal things, gives you free lessons...FYI

You offer a tiny amber fruit to xxx.
                    xxx hoarsely says, "Thanks."
                    xxx pops the fig into his mouth and eats it.
                    xxx leans forward towards you.
                    xxx whispers to you, "You continue to prove yourself. I appreciate it."
                    xxx hands you some silver denars.
                    xxx whispers to you, "But you're too good to be learning anything from this little exercise. Keep your eye out for a more challenging opportunity."
                    TRproclaim power!

The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeand View Post
                      there is one trainer who has you steal things, gives you free lessons...FYI
                      As far as I remember, it's a one time thing though right? doesn't build rep or anything just a one-time minimal set of lessons

Comment

Silent draw and Silent slip would be nice if there was a public trainer.
                        TRproclaim power!

Comment

High Risk/High Reward targets would be wonderful.

A patrician carrying a significant amount of coin with a guard that wanders around high traffic areas (Forum, Bronze Lane, etc.). Require multiple skills such as spook, ground approach, lift, etc to successfully steal from.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the opportunity to be useful in Franlius via subterfuge missions would be interesting as well. Though a leaderboard for those activities would be detrimental to some unless it was tied into the fighting leaderboard.
                          Got Questions? We've got answers!
                          Join us at http://eternal-city.wikidot.com
                          Top Mud Sites - http://bit.ly/VoteTEC
                          Mud Connector - http://bit.ly/TECMudCon

Comment

Originally posted by Baleron View Post
                            High Risk/High Reward targets would be wonderful.

A patrician carrying a significant amount of coin with a guard that wanders around high traffic areas (Forum, Bronze Lane, etc.). Require multiple skills such as spook, ground approach, lift, etc to successfully steal from.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the opportunity to be useful in Franlius via subterfuge missions would be interesting as well. Though a leaderboard for those activities would be detrimental to some unless it was tied into the fighting leaderboard.
                            I really like this idea. Would be a cool concept to have a rogue (for lack of a better term for a neutral/good thief) who uses their subtlety skills to gather info on the enemies of the republic.

Bumping this topic because I think there is some good discussion going on here.

Comment

Two major problems with being a thief char IMO:

1. Some moves have built-in chances for failure that you can't overcome no matter how high your ranks are. Unlike failing at setting up a deadfall snare, consequences here are much more damaging to the character. GMs, consider instead that at higher ranks failure would mean you "don't see an angle" or something and just (silently) prevent the move from happening rather than dropping the pouch, revealing yourself, etc.

2. Due to above fact, there is an overwhelming propensity for chars to choose a thieving method that's reliably easy to get away with. Once you get there, that's pretty much it. Just grind for money without any sense of progression, unlike combat chars that have hunting grounds of varying difficulty and rewards. By varying difficulty for thiefy stuff, I don't want more chances to get caught, how about needing to use different (and higher ranked) skills in combination to be able to make it sustainable and profitable, like NPCs that are impossible to slice from unless they're spooked, or auto-attack unless you're hidden.

Ilkilyn, Foxfire, some good ideas there. I'm always trying to guess how hard it would be for the GMs to make some of these things happen, but small steps in the right direction, I think, will go a long way.

#MakeHoodsHideBodyType

Comment

Working...
                              X