Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial TEC Wiki

Hello everyone!

For those who are unaware, there is an unofficial TEC Wiki which can be found at http://eternal-city.wikidot.com and we have a very dedicated team looking to make your browsing experience as best as possible. The Wiki is currently undergoing some minor changes in terms of presentation to make it easier to move through our content. We know that there are currently some gaps to be filled when it comes to content as well and we'd like to know what pages you feel could use some updates or pages that don't exist currently that should. If you have some information that you feel deserves to be added to the Wiki, it would be great if you could share it here or on the discord server with any of our editors!

I'd like to give out a big shout out to everyone who has participated in making this project a reality throughout the years and added content directly or indirectly. All of this couldn't have been done without you!

Thanks!

Alright. The side bar has seen quite a few updates made by Herdias which should improve the flow of the site along with the overall length.

Another thing that I have been toying with is this particular page: http://eternal-city.wikidot.com/testing-page2 and it is a copy of the http://eternal-city.wikidot.com/knives (minus all of the skill explanations). The table has seen quite a few upgrades via icons. Now before going any further with this we wished to know what your thoughts were about the test page. Do you like it? Do you hate it? Please let us know your thoughts and feedback.

If the new page with the icons is well received and better liked than the original, we will start converting the other pages to the same format. The goal here is to make it easier to read while making the table smaller in terms of width so it better suits the mobile format.

Thanks for your feedback!

Comment

Sorry, but all those icons made my brain hurt.
      Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

Overall, great initiative. I like the idea of icons, but with the number of things trying to be identified, it looks a bit "busy". A few points of feedback.

1) Not a fan of a legend for Easy/Average/Difficult/Impossible. Maybe because the colours are too close, but I find it written out is easier to distinguish.

2) Creates opening... not quite sold on it. Okay, but with the amount of icons I'm not sure if I would make this a high priority.

3) Attack vs Defense I like.

4) Specialty Skill... seems very limited in use. I mean what does it really mean? I don't think I'd include this.

5) Disarm, Stun & Knockdowns... I like, but some moves are more of a guaranteed disarm or stun vs others that are more "possible chance to". I'm not sure how you would want to differentiate. Have an icon that the darker it is the more likely? Like Low, Medium, Guaranteed? some thoughts.

6) 1 vs 2 hands. It's okay, but I personally don't think it's high priority.

7) I do like the ranged idea, but not a fan of the current icons.

8) Stand Up & Down. I'd say medium priority. Most moves have the word "stepping" or something. Plus would you differentiate something that makes you step up 1 stance vs something to forces you to go berserk?

9) What I don't see and I think would be very useful is number of hits landed. Maybe an icon for each damage type (Cut, Pierce, Bruise) and just show multiple of those? Or maybe just a "*2" or something for the amount of times it hits. Hard to say.

Maybe some of these icons can remain in columns to not be as squished together. Glancing down a column of icons can still be helpful.
        Last edited by Dragonus; 01-29-2019, 07:54 PM. Reason: Typos.
        A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
        A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
        A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

My God this "You've been flagged as Spam" thing is annoying...
          A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
          A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Drags. I'll work on another prototype when I have some free time this week-end. I'll let you guys know when it's up.

Comment

I would recommend against using icons extensively. When the icons are not intuitive, it makes the page very difficult to understand. It also makes it more difficult for a non-technical user to update those skill pages.

https://www.google.com/search?q=usab...+icons+vs+text

That said, I like the collapsible sidebar sections and some of the new wiki content. Good job.
              [Success: 95, Roll: 5] Pharse swings a cestus-covered fist sideways, lashing out at you with the blades of his weapon, but misses. You use the broad head of your short whip to knock aside the attack with a brute-force swat.

Comment

Originally posted by Irisa View Post
                I would recommend against using icons extensively. When the icons are not intuitive, it makes the page very difficult to understand. It also makes it more difficult for a non-technical user to update those skill pages.

https://www.google.com/search?q=usab...+icons+vs+text

That said, I like the collapsible sidebar sections and some of the new wiki content. Good job.
                Sorry for the late reply. That was my issue with the icons. It felt like it was just too much and it wasn't intuitive enough. I'm still trying to come up with a condensed version, but I'm not happy with anything yet. It's still something I'd like to do, but I'll keep it in mind for later. Thanks for the recommendations!

Comment

Suggestion for http://eternal-city.wikidot.com/traits

For the "National Bonus" section, include in the table which nation the bonus is related to.

Comment

Couldn't find it anywhere. Quality levels. Not sure if it's the same words for weapons vs jewellery vs lockpicks vs anything else, but it would be nice to list them all out somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonus View Post
                      Suggestion for http://eternal-city.wikidot.com/traits

For the "National Bonus" section, include in the table which nation the bonus is related to.
                      Done! I'm unsure if Unpredictability and Smooth Tongue are free traits or national bonuses, but I'll be sure to add it once I know which should be tomorrow when I get a chance to make a new character.

Originally posted by Dragonus View Post
                      Couldn't find it anywhere. Quality levels. Not sure if it's the same words for weapons vs jewellery vs lockpicks vs anything else, but it would be nice to list them all out somewhere.
                      If someone's interested in providing a detailed list, I'll be more than happy to put it on the Wiki.

Comment

Unpredictability is the one that you just get as part of being Gadaene, smooth tongue is a Gadaene-only trait you can choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxfire View Post
                          Unpredictability is the one that you just get as part of being Gadaene, smooth tongue is a Gadaene-only trait you can choose.
                          Thanks! Updated.

I've also done a lot of work on the Healing Guide (http://eternal-city.wikidot.com/healing-guide) and it can now be accessed from the main Healing page. If you notice anything important that I missed, please let me know. I know I am missing some of the Hospice jobs and I believe Franlius and Rock Valley might have some jobs as well. I haven't gotten the chance to use the Rouse and Arrow-Pulling skills yet, so no info on those. I'll add when possible.

UPDATE:

http://eternal-city.wikidot.com/national-bonuses has been updated. If you notice anything else that's wrong in the spreadsheet, please let us know.
                          Last edited by TEC_Ghuan; 02-13-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Ghuan, the healing guide table with ranks to perfect skills is misleading since it isn't taking stats into account. Stats have a significant impact on a few of the skills. If you'll clear your inbox a little I'll PM you an example or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantraste View Post
                              Ghuan, the healing guide table with ranks to perfect skills is misleading since it isn't taking stats into account. Stats have a significant impact on a few of the skills. If you'll clear your inbox a little I'll PM you an example or two.
                              It is taking stats into account. As mentioned below the table, that is with a character with fairly good perception and dexterity. I just changed the table so that it says it right at the top to avoid any confusion. I'll delete some more messages in my inbox, just hang on. I've got about another 100 before I can receive messages. >_>

EDIT: I can now receive PMs made room for them.

Second edit: Notes for myself and other editors: Need to add Fetidus (Blackvine) to the Knives page. Need to add Circiana (Blackvine) to the Tailoring page. Need to add directions for Demetrius, Pomoura, Josephus and Circiana to the tailoring page and Trainers page. Need to add Advanced Emotes section. Need to add Advanced Macros system.

Brief update: http://eternal-city.wikidot.com/trainers now has all of the trainers listed on a single page for easy reference. They have been grouped by region. If you notice any missing, please let us know.
                              Last edited by TEC_Ghuan; 02-13-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X