Non combat Traevent story line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non combat Traevent story line

I have an idea rolling in my head that i would like to flesh out before sending it to @feedback.
    Traevent Militia story plot SPOILER ALERT.
    [spoiler]The red hand leader has been defeated and is now dead. A power vacuum is now in her place. Inevitably it will be filled. The idea is what if these bandits had work other than raiding...[/spoiler]

The idea is what if the bandits in and around Traevent had work? Rather than robbing people, they do rewarding jobs.

I am attempting to think of ideas that require little or no coding. So it has a chance of being adopted. Because GMs got things to do...

What I have rattling around right now, what if:
    Players could build (or donate to have it built) a small farm just north of the forest. Just a little flavored one to four rooms. That when completed had regular emotes that was something like [You see a man caring a large bail of hay to a pen of (obviously flaming) goats.
    Players could teach outdoor and hunting to an npc of what was normally a bandit. Perhaps have a special spot where they show up. Maybe the farm if people are interested in that. Maybe a pretty tree in the grasslands. You are out hunting and you see an emote [a young man walks by with a proud smile and a plump pheasant over his shoulder]
    Players could guide an npc from a designated spawning location to the Vetallum baths, where there was they could donate to bath and cloth the person than provide them with food.
    Players could donate coin to have something built in or around the forest. What if we collectively paid 500T and got a cabin that was free for everyone to use? Course it would just be a permanent leanto coding wise.
    Players could donate to keep Vet road free of litter. Seems silly but a good chunk of TM would donate. I would never [get spear] [discard spear] ever again, I have a macro for it for goodness sake! (I assume unlikely due to needing coding)
    Players could donate to keep torches lit all through vet road? Outdoors people could pull a wagon the entire way at night than. I could see needing to first donate for a forge in the woods for sconces to be made. (I assume unlikely due to needing coding)
    I would say as many of these things as possible would be handled by room emotes. I assume it would require too much effort to program a actual npc that replaces torches. I could honestly write corresponding emotes for hours.

Perhaps incentives could be a renown system, but I am honestly interested more in story myself. Not in getting something mechanically from it. Someone else would probably think of a much better reward than I would.

This opens up the opportunity to also turn TM events into something more challenging. What if rather than killing bandits we had to tie them up talk to them or just talk while they throw spear jabs.
    Than all while we are building these the new bandit lord is trying to burn it all down.

Anyone else interested in this or have some ideas to expanding the Traevent story plot?
    Big fat kudos to all GMs for the last Traevent story plot and all it's wonderful twists. I loved it every step of the way.

Closer to the river north of the Traevant have some of them become fishing, leads to demand for more bait in the shop there, leads to outdoors people selling bait to said shop, the possibilities are endless
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Know you only mentioned a renown system briefly and were more asking for noncom ideas but a rep guy that accepts assorted bandit loots/woodsmen craftables might be cool and could jumpstart RP of its own. Maybe since its leather & wood the accumulation would be slow but would be something to work towards. I especially like the idea of lighting up the road; if the players could work together somehow sort of like the event where the road was built to install lightposts and then leave it up to the players/woodsmen to keep up on refilling them with torches.

>give spears to trae
      Traevantus asks you, "Are you looking to donate to the Vetallun Road fund?"
      >say to trae yes
      Traevantus accepts an armful of wooden spears from you and throws them in a bin overflowing with assorted bandit gear.
      >stock
      Traevantus points to some special stock that not everyone can see.
      =============================================
      A green armband bearing a trout insignia 1t
      A blue voucher for 20 free lessons from Fern 3t
      An overturned tree stump carved into a bench 6t
      A very tall, sturdy wrought-iron sconce 20t
      >buy sconce
      Traevantus places a very tall, sturdy wrought-iron sconce on a counter.
      >take sconce
      You take a very tall, sturdy wrought-iron sconce from a counter.
      >plant sconce
      You laboriously position and place a very tall, sturdy wrought-iron sconce in your dug hole and begin to fill the hole around it with the unearthed dirt.
      You will be busy for 10000 more seconds.
      <Hero thinks aloud: I've cleared the road of traps and refilled the sconces for any travellers.>

You get the idea.
      The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation- Only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.

Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.
      Keep on keepin' on, can ya dig it?

Comment

That's an awesome idea guys. What about giving the character an option of getting their name stamped on the sconce as well? Like when you go to a park and a bench has been donated by so and so. I like the idea of my character's name being immortalized and I'd be killin bandits like crazy to be a part of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonespyder View Post
          Know you only mentioned a renown system briefly and were more asking for noncom ideas but a rep guy that accepts assorted bandit loots/woodsmen craftables might be cool and could jumpstart RP of its own. Maybe since its leather & wood the accumulation would be slow but would be something to work towards. I especially like the idea of lighting up the road; if the players could work together somehow sort of like the event where the road was built to install lightposts and then leave it up to the players/woodsmen to keep up on refilling them with torches.

>give spears to trae
          Traevantus asks you, "Are you looking to donate to the Vetallun Road fund?"
          >say to trae yes
          Traevantus accepts an armful of wooden spears from you and throws them in a bin overflowing with assorted bandit gear.
          >stock
          Traevantus points to some special stock that not everyone can see.
          A green armband bearing a trout insignia 1t
          A blue voucher for 20 free lessons from Fern 3t
          An overturned tree stump carved into a bench 6t
          A very tall, sturdy wrought-iron sconce 20t
          >buy sconce
          Traevantus places a very tall, sturdy wrought-iron sconce on a counter.
          >take sconce
          You take a very tall, sturdy wrought-iron sconce from a counter.
          >plant sconce
          You laboriously position and place a very tall, sturdy wrought-iron sconce in your dug hole and begin to fill the hole around it with the unearthed dirt.
          You will be busy for 10000 more seconds.
          <Hero thinks aloud: I've cleared the road of traps and refilled the sconces for any travellers.>

You get the idea.
          This is great I love it

Comment

I love the Scone Idea, I'd pay for every single one so Kered would have to see Synodias name. lol
            TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
            Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
            Originally posted by Bucaria
            The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Free tea and scones?

Comment

This idea kinda goes with what I wanted to add to the Perry, add a butcher you bring in animal meat from traps, outdoors etc, they cook it, and offer it to sell at the Perry ( I mean fish stew is the only thing they offer)

Comment

Originally posted by Kered View Post
                  This idea kinda goes with what I wanted to add to the Perry, add a butcher you bring in animal meat from traps, outdoors etc, they cook it, and offer it to sell at the Perry ( I mean fish stew is the only thing they offer)
                  Have you visited The Happy Trapper bar yet? Currently this is being done manually there (i.e. when staff has time), but eventually will be automated.

Comment

I will check it out, great minds think alike

Comment

Originally posted by Kered View Post
                      I will check it out, great minds think alike
                      Also, feel free to send in some food ideas for the Perry and I will get them added.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariden View Post
                        That's an awesome idea guys. What about giving the character an option of getting their name stamped on the sconce as well? Like when you go to a park and a bench has been donated by so and so. I like the idea of my character's name being immortalized and I'd be killin bandits like crazy to be a part of that.
                        Spoiler: We recently had an event where characters helped build a garden, and those who did manual labor to build it and/or developed the idea had their names memorialized there.

Comment

I guess next time I need to show up to help plant flowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariden View Post
                            I guess next time I need to show up to help plant flowers.
                            What's that thing financial advisors say? "Past success does not guarantee future performance?"

May not happen exactly that way again -- was more trying to say that we do look for organic opportunities to let characters affect their surroundings, whether it be getting their name memorialized on a stone or a leaving huge char mark where they burned hundreds of bodies at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Launrentinus View Post
                              Players could donate to keep torches lit all through vet road? Outdoors people could pull a wagon the entire way at night than. I could see needing to first donate for a forge in the woods for sconces to be made. (I assume unlikely due to needing coding)
                              I'm in. Look for a derivation of this idea to get kicked off sometime in the next few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X