How to...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to...

lots of positive hopeful changes in the future, silly me says if I see the changes how do I do my part and get new players ideas?
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

How do you get new players?

spam the hell out of reddit

Comment

Iím willing to be that guy, Iím just waiting for the couple requests I have out to resub and go try to get new blood

Comment

IMO new players can not occur until something happens about the learning wall when a person first logs in.
        Maybe the help command should open a page on the wiki that is there to get someone rolling.
        More so though.
        Boat to the starting hunting ground? I remember the first time I played TEC (course I was about 14) I was CERTAIN a pile of bandages was blocking the road just outside of the toga.
        Achea is popular because it lays things out in an understandable manner.
        Yes TEC is fucking sensational. After you figure out this operating system that takes about 20 - 25 hours to understand the basics...

Comment

Maybe how to guide on wiki newbie 101. Maybe a mini tutorial , (Tale) could code it with fish.

Comment

Reddit does NOT like this game. Every time I post about it people ask about paywall and is it free and etc etc etc. I new landing page that doesn't direct you to a CC info page would be rock on.
            Originally posted by Arconn9
            First time I used Sabinus today, since my old main got Cuttongued. So was the IC event for his change; was it him getting hit in the head repeatedly by someone? Because I think he's a retard now.

Comment

Two primary things keep MUD players from trying TEC.
              They think they have to pay to play.
              They can't use their own MUD client.
              As ozy said changing at least one of those would help a lot.

Comment

There is a tutorial now for first time login. It is a boat, it explains how to move I think maybe basic attack. (If I recall)
                The learning wall really is not knowing where to get help.
                The help command has to work. The window that opens is very buggy due to chrome and edge's popup blocking.
                I am pointing out that the wiki page is a sensational source of information that is NOT apparent to someone who is new. The help command doesn't work. Would be nice to do two things at once is what I am thinking.
                you type help, and a wiki page opens. With common links. Movement, combat bassics, command page...
                Than players see this list at the left of the page showing there are maps skill layout stats explained. They won't feel so alone with a command window as the only inlet to this world.

Comment

I've been going through the game with a brand new character with one rank and armed with my deep knowledge of the game. Everything that I loved about this game when I originally started and that made me stick around is non-existent. I find the current TEC low-level experience miserable and without some much needed changes I can't see myself ever recommending this game to anyone or even voting for the game.

Just thinking about it makes me angry, I'm not going to lie. There have been so many poor design changes that are making the experience really uninteresting and quite frankly, a struggle. I've been thinking about making a post about it, but every time I decide not to because I feel like most of the current playerbase doesn't give a crap about it whenever I bring it up and with all of the changes the GMs have been that have been steering us away from a good newbie experience, it makes me want to collaborate with them even less in this regard.

It doesn't even need a massive overhaul, just a few minor things here and there would help greatly to make the experience much better. We already have a tutorial that is functional and pretty decent. Most of the issues are entirely skill/hunting ground/armor/weapon related for people who use weapons.

Comment

You know me I am the first run to help a brand new person, what can I do to help, or what would you suggest now feels like the time new views new ideas

Comment

Originally posted by TEC_Ghuan View Post
                      I've been going through the game with a brand new character with one rank and armed with my deep knowledge of the game. Everything that I loved about this game when I originally started and that made me stick around is non-existent. I find the current TEC low-level experience miserable and without some much needed changes I can't see myself ever recommending this game to anyone or even voting for the game.

Just thinking about it makes me angry, I'm not going to lie. There have been so many poor design changes that are making the experience really uninteresting and quite frankly, a struggle. I've been thinking about making a post about it, but every time I decide not to because I feel like most of the current playerbase doesn't give a crap about it whenever I bring it up and with all of the changes the GMs have been that have been steering us away from a good newbie experience, it makes me want to collaborate with them even less in this regard.

It doesn't even need a massive overhaul, just a few minor things here and there would help greatly to make the experience much better. We already have a tutorial that is functional and pretty decent. Most of the issues are entirely skill/hunting ground/armor/weapon related for people who use weapons.
                      I can't speak to past changes that have been made that you feel steered the game away from a positive newcomer experience - mostly because you won't name them. I will say, however, I think the team has made it pretty clear that we're open to feedback. I obviously can't make you share your ideas, but if we don't know what people feel they are struggling with, we can't look at them to see if there need to be changes made.

Comment

One thing that needs a boost is money earning for newbies, or giving them opportunities to learn without the need for coin. The 5 denar jobs need a boost, they have the same pay as they did from the beginning when everything was much cheaper. 5 denars won't buy you anything and 20 jobs in for 100 denars is not effective for newbie retention. Inflation should have those jobs paying at least a 100 denars. Or like I said, have them pay in lessons instead. Most of the jobs lead you to the two main trainers in the city, have them give free lessons instead of coin, or both.

It is very hard for a newbie to have money for anything, most rely on the generosity of other players, and they should not have to.

The auxilii is defunct. When I was new, I could not find an answer via aux chat for nothing, I asked and asked and asked and never got ANY response. Why can't aux chat be open for everyone to use and answer questions? The playerbase is small, and pretty mature for the most part I would think that an ooc chat would not be abused, and if it was, everyone would know. But NO newbie should be left waiting for an answer to a question. Ever.

Those are just a couple of the things I remember from a few months ago, it's hard to remember what I had trouble with then, now.

OH! One other thing, was that the shop on the tutorial boat, offers a sagum, BUT you don't start with enough coin to buy one! So the one really necessary thing that they could buy, they can't. So, give them just a little more coin to start. Or opportunity to earn it during the course of the tutorial. That way it's not just money in the pocket of every starting character (in case of abuse).
                        Last edited by Knowless; 05-31-2019, 10:06 AM. Reason: Forgot something.

Comment

We are all in this together. Letís work for a common best new player experience, letís make it rain fish... I mean we all want to make things better, I do try to help as a fake aux.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowless View Post
                            One thing that needs a boost is money earning for newbies, or giving them opportunities to learn without the need for coin.
                            There are multiple new opportunities opening very, very soon. Keep an eye out IG!

Comment

Letís keep the positive vibe I feel we can make the community better , all ideas welcome. Thanks for log in feedback about paying, its logical and the newbie status coin. What else can a Doot do to help?

Comment

Working...
                              X